Left sided centre half.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think that's the last of our worries.

The defense looked good today to say the amount of change

As long as Ampadu is in the back three I think we'll be ok there. But without JOC we have lost a player who contributed to what was already a pretty toothless attack. Attacking reinforcements needed ASAP--a striker and a creative midfielder.

We’re already clearly at the limits of our budget, we will do well to stretch it to a quality addition up front. There is no endless money tree. We have options in the squad (actually thought Robinson was was very good there today, and better for example than JOC has been in the other two games) and we’ll go with those.

Wilder said he'd identified one. I dont think this is a massive shock as JOC has been playing injured for a while. We probably identified one when he first got injured. Loan from a top premiership side is my guess

My worry would be that getting in a replacement for JOC would mean we have no money at all for the striker we desperately need.

International loan still available

We have really got to peruse every avenue available. We still need 3 players for me - striker, creative midfielder and now a LCB.

PL loan, International loan and spend what little money we have on the final position. See what happens and pray Moose gets back sooner rather than later

Is this the reason we haven't apparently bid for Brewster because we knew O'Connell was crocked and needed to spend some or all the money on a replacement.
Wilder said him and the board have know for “two or three days” I still think we get Brewster

Agree with OP we need cover and a loan seems the best option. To-days goal illustrated where the weakness is. JOC provided significant height and physical presence that we currently lack down the left hand side. Bamford had 2 or 3 opportunities in the air to-day before he scored.

Wesley Hoedt at Southampton is being moved out on loan, one possible option.

Unless the other Prem loan is going to be used on a CF, I'd go for Tosin Adarabioyo from Man City.

I'd be surprised if another perm signing was made at LCB as they may be redundant in 6 months when JOC returns.

I don't really get this. We're desperately lacking an attacking midfielder and a striker yet suddenly have resources for a position where we look ok.

Ampadu or Stevens on the left side, no need to dip into the market and waste funds. It’s what we bought Bogle and Lowe for.
That's kind of my take too though I suppose Chris may be thinking he was happy with the squad cover but after 3 games he's lost a starter and wants to reset.

Suppose he does get another in then I'd have to question the money currently being spent on Jagielka and Rodwell.

That must be a couple of million a year for a couple of cup games.

Back
Top Bottom