Roy's View From... Pre-match View From Leeds

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Sensible comments.

This game really intrigues me and it will do the neutral too. Two teams fast out of the blocks with high presses - the first 15mins will be ferocious and I think whoever goes 1 up first will win the game.

We've got every chance despite a weak forward line, Ampadu coming in for Egan will be absolutely fine, no worried about that.

I think we've got enough to win but happy to draw this.

Fucking hell Blades, come on! Do what's needed. I really don't want to have to get the mob together.

torches.jpg

Cheers Andrew. I have no confidence at all which makes me think we will actually get something out of the game. I thought we would get points from Wolves and Villa and look how that went. 😂

This one could be taken straight from our forum:

“You have to admire what Chris Wilder has done but have to worry for them. How long can they compete with clubs with far more spending power while they rely on players like an ancient Billy Sharp and David McGoldrick?”

I'd really like to not lose against Leeds and I think we will be up against it both psychologically and from a football perspective. I can see us sitting in and letting them have all the ball, when the moment arises we will drop a bollock and not be able to score at the other end, I won't be watching this one!

Fair views. They have scored 7 in 2 so will fancy it attacking wise.

We've scored 0 in 500 games (numbers approximate) so they'll be thinking they can outscore us. I think they'll go for the jugular from kick off. If we start as lackadaisically as we have in the last 2 games it may well be over after 15 minutes again.

Show up properly and attack from the off and I think we win 2-1.

Try to "manage" the start of the game and just hoof for the first hour as we are want to do, 0-2 at half time then fuck knows

Two teams fast out of the blocks with high presses - the first 15mins will be ferocious and I think whoever goes 1 up first will win the game.

I don't think we can consider ourselves 'fast out of the blocks' this season having given Wolves the game inside 10 mins and getting outplayed by Villa for 12 mins before getting a defender sent off.

We need to hang on at 0-0 until half time and hope that the bollocking from Wilder gets some kind of reaction.

I don't think we can consider ourselves 'fast out of the blocks' this season having given Wolves the game inside 10 mins and getting outplayed by Villa for 12 mins before getting a defender sent off.

We need to hang on at 0-0 until half time and hope that the bollocking from Wilder gets some kind of reaction.
United in 2020

HomeScoreAwayStarted Well/Better team first half
Liverpool2–0Sheffield UnitedNo
Sheffield United1–0West Ham UnitedNo
Arsenal1–1Sheffield UnitedNo
Sheffield United0–1Manchester CityNo
Crystal Palace0–1Sheffield UnitedNo
Sheffield United2–1BournemouthNo
Sheffield United1–1Brighton & Hove AlbionYes
Sheffield United1–0Norwich CityYes
Aston Villa0–0Sheffield UnitedNo
Newcastle United3–0Sheffield UnitedNo
Manchester United3–0Sheffield UnitedNo
Sheffield United3–1Tottenham HotspurYes
Burnley1–1Sheffield UnitedYes
Sheffield United1–0Wolverhampton WanderersNothing happened
Sheffield United3–0ChelseaYes
Leicester City2–0Sheffield UnitedNo
Sheffield United0–1EvertonNo
Southampton3–1Sheffield UnitedNo

Obviously the last 2 games were a no as well

Not sure I want to read this 😟

Thanks Roy. Some of these comments are, dare I say it...reasonable.
This can't be right? Where's the mardiness?Where's the vitriol?Where's the "We're A Massive Club" sense of entitlement?
This isn't right.
I need a stiff one.
And a drink. Or both.

Not sure I want to read this 😟

It’s not that bad. Certainly not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Reasonable comments on the whole. Even some of the more harsh ones are difficult to argue with.

I want to call them arrogant and deluded as we have with so many comments in the last year or two...

...unfortunatly I think most of them are probably corect, especially in relation to the goal keeper situation.

love the comments that we will come down to earth this season , from those in leeds space programme

especially when their fans think they can gallop to a cl spot first season back
in their minds they are a match for man city and liverpool as they are again already better than man utd in their heads

My mate has been texting all week, he's a Leeds fan. He just keeps saying that we'll kick them off the park like we always do. I keep highlighting the irony of Leeds fans moaning about being kicked but it's like talking to a div kid.

still arrogant twats who only beat play off winners fulham 4-3 at home, all of a sudden think there world beaters. 3-1 blades

Blunts has got to be one of the least funny nicknames out there. All the talk about relegation last season without Henderson is unbelievable as well, clearly they didn't see the rest of our players having the best season of their lives so far

Back
Top Bottom