Incoming? Dean Henderson for a 3rd season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we can get Hendo back then that saves a transfer fee of £15-£20m for a keeper that we are in for. Pay half his wages at £50k p/w is a good deal. We can then take the saved money and buy Buendia.

I just think Man U are fucking Henderson about now. What more can he really prove during another season for us? If they ain’t going to drop De Gea after last season, it’s unlikely he’ll be dropped during/after next season.

Signing a long term highly paid contract will be great for his bank balance but I’m not sure it will help his career.

I just think Man U are fucking Henderson about now. What more can he really prove during another season for us? If they ain’t going to drop De Gea after last season, it’s unlikely he’ll be dropped during/after next season.

Signing a long term highly paid contract will be great for his bank balance but I’m not sure it will help his career.
Man Utd are simply doing what the big clubs do. They want everything.
They want him tied down on a new deal to protect his value, they want the cost of that new deal to be paid by us, and they want us to develop him for another season while we pay for that privilege.
They don’t want him as a No 1 because he’s not ready for next year, so this costs them nothing and gives them a more saleable asset next summer.

The only way this stops is if clubs likes ourselves and players say no. Hendo needs to show he believes that self confidence that is so easy to spout and refuse a new deal unless he’s going to play.
Confident that he’s going to earn that level money one day because he’s that good but he’s not prepared to sit forever and wait. He’s currently got 2 years on his contract, he should be looking at how he uses that to his advantage and not just be looking for the short term pay bump.
Let’s be honest if he has another season with us as he’s just had with one year left on his deal he’ll be getting offers around 100k anyway.
It’s time for him to put his big boy pants on and make a decision about his longer term career.

Hendo can’t really due to Euros next year, he has to play a full season and he rightfully has nothing to back him up going to Man Ure and demanding to start

sure we all think he would be better than De Gea but in all honesty and rightfully so the majority of neutrals would take De Gea

I personally don’t have an issue with what Man Ure are doing, my concern, and it’s only a small one with Hendo, we are pushing the long term replacement issue back again but I would still take a year off Hendo full wages

One way or another, Henderson needs to be playing consistent first team football next season because he is in the conversation as the England number one right now. If he starts next season on the Man Utd bench, he’ll lose the chance to compete for that spot in time for the upcoming euros and World Cup.

He’s in a great position right now, if he sits on the bench for the next 12 months that could see his competitors pull further ahead and others over-take him.

I said this a few times.
Henderson always has the option of turning down the contract from ManU.
He is the master of his own destiny, and is highly paid now and will only get higher whoever he is with.
Sadly we can’t afford to buy him now or pay his wages even if the fee was Somehow attainable. We missed our chance when we first loaned him.

But where would he go now? Which prem sides genuinely would swap their keeper and bring in Hendo to be first choice?
Chelsea have shown interest.
Liverpool, City, Leicester, Spurs, Wolves, Everton,wouldn’t entertain it.
Arsenal claim they are skint.
Burnley, Villa and Brighton have good keeper and doubt they would swap while Southampton, West Brom, Newcastle can’t or won’t pay it.
Leeds maybe as a loan but not a chance in hell he’d go there.
Leaves Fulham, Palace, West Ham, who possibly have the funds to pay the wages he would demand now. But why would he want to go play for those dullards?

So he’s now in the position of pricing himself out of a move to most clubs and restricting his options to just Chelsea in this country if he signs that deal.
If he were my son, I’d be telling him to either accept he has to fight for a place at Man U, don’t sign a new deal and give it one year to replace De Gea.
Or refuse the new deal and demand a transfer, and put happiness ahead of the money. Yes Man U could put a silly price on him and make him sit in the reserves, but by the same token they are a business and I don’t see that happening.

Man Utd are simply doing what the big clubs do. They want everything.
They want him tied down on a new deal to protect his value, they want the cost of that new deal to be paid by us, and they want us to develop him for another season while we pay for that privilege.
They don’t want him as a No 1 because he’s not ready for next year, so this costs them nothing and gives them a more saleable asset next summer.

The only way this stops is if clubs likes ourselves and players say no. Hendo needs to show he believes that self confidence that is so easy to spout and refuse a new deal unless he’s going to play.
Confident that he’s going to earn that level money one day because he’s that good but he’s not prepared to sit forever and wait. He’s currently got 2 years on his contract, he should be looking at how he uses that to his advantage and not just be looking for the short term pay bump.
Let’s be honest if he has another season with us as he’s just had with one year left on his deal he’ll be getting offers around 100k anyway.
It’s time for him to put his big boy pants on and make a decision about his longer term career.

I think if Henderson refuses a new contract he’ll be sold, there is no way they’ll let his contract get down to the last year.

Henderson’s stock is very high at the moment, so I don’t think he’ll be in a better position to say to Man U, play me or sell me. At the moment he’s being linked with Chelsea (granted it could be media bullshit), after a season on the bench at Man U he could be looking at clubs a bit further down the league.

From what I gather Henderson wants to stay at Man U. Solskjaer inferred in an interview recently that he would like him to go out on loan for another season but that Dean wants to stay at Man U and fight for the starting slot.

Solskjaer is basically saying that whilst he will probably be their no.1 eventually he doesn’t feel he’s ready yet. So there’s obviously a difference of opinion there. If the lad doesn’t want to come back he’s earned the right to make that decision and he has a contract with Man U, not with us. It sounds more like his wish and Man U’s in all fairness.

I think if Henderson refuses a new contract he’ll be sold, there is no way they’ll let his contract get down to the last year.

Henderson’s stock is very high at the moment, so I don’t think he’ll be in a better position to say to Man U, play me or sell me. At the moment he’s being linked with Chelsea (granted it could be media bullshit), after a season on the bench at Man U he could be looking at clubs a bit further down the league.
If he’s sold it’s on his terms as well. He doesn’t have to agree to go anywhere he doesn’t want to, but he has to take responsibility for that and be prepared to sit it out. Man Utd won’t do that as even if they accept they want to sell him, if they can’t then they’ll accept a team paying his current wages for a year and giving them a loan fee. As you say his stock is high at the minute so he should have some decent options but they won’t pay 100k/week but that the trade off.
We’d probably offer him half that for example.
I don’t believe the Chelsea rumour in any way, they’re looking for a high level keeper so he’s going to have to accept a mid to lower league team in order to work his way back to the very top.
Obviously I’m hugely biased, but I don’t think there’s a better all round offer to him than us if he accepts the lower wage for a few seasons but there’s no harm in seeing what’s out there.

Last edited:
100k a week until the end of June? Say we don't get it done until September 41 weeks. 4.1 million. That's pretty good for something that goes a long way to getting us 120 million and frees up budget elsewhere.
The issues I have with loaning him on big wages are.....

1. satisfaction of other players seeing wage budget weighted to one player.
2. he’s not our asset, we pay £4m in wages while he grows in value for manure not for us so double bonus for them.
3. We know we will need a new keeper within a season. GK is without doubt THE most important position to fill on a long term (3yrs) basis to build a defence in front of and to keep/attract quality players.

Time to move on and stand on our own 2 feet.

100k a week until the end of June? Say we don't get it done until September 41 weeks. 4.1 million. That's pretty good for something that goes a long way to getting us 120 million and frees up budget elsewhere.

It depends what our other options are. If Wilder rates Cakir or Ramsdale as highly as Henderson, then surely we go for the permanent option.

It depends what our other options are. If Wilder rates Cakir or Ramsdale as highly as Henderson, then surely we go for the permanent option.
Buy Ramsdale for £15M and loan him back to Bournemouth if Hendo is a deal that can be done.
We can play the Man Utd role, just at a lower level.
Come next summer we have a proper option of a number one in Ramsdale who’s got two full seasons under his belt (the same experience Hendo has now) and pretty much whatever happens our investment is covered.

Alternately if we rate Ramsdale as being ready right now and a comparable option to Henderson, then we can just establish him as our No1 and move on from all this nonsense. We have one hell of a defensive unit to help him develop and improve.

If we can get Hendo back then that saves a transfer fee of £15-£20m for a keeper that we are in for. Pay half his wages at £50k p/w is a good deal.
Same argument at work: We need a simulator buying one costs £20m and running costs are £25k/week or we can hire one for £5m/year.
Hiring one saves over £17m from this years budget we'll do it.
Next year hiring one costs £7m and we'll save £15m from next year's budget! Promotion for the man who's saving the company an 8 figure sum each year.

I can see the other Utd players all being highly delighted that we are paying them between 10 - 25k per week, and then Hendo £100k a week. Its not really compatible with building team spirit which is what we are about. I don't see players having too much of a beef if Man Utd are subsidising half the wages, but if they aren't, then that starts becoming a potential problem.

As good a keeper as Hendo is, he is still young and learning, and does have flaws to his game. I personally think it's time to invest in our own permanent signing and bid a fond farewell to Hendo. The disparity in wages would be just too high.

Bring in our own keeper, let's develop him as he plays behind our excellent defence (which was a huge bearing on Hendo looking so good for the last two seasons also) and move on from the Hendo/Man Utd project.

In years to come, maybe we can potentially look into bringing Hendo back to the Lane when situations have changed.

I said this a few times.
Henderson always has the option of turning down the contract from ManU.
He is the master of his own destiny, and is highly paid now and will only get higher whoever he is with.
Sadly we can’t afford to buy him now or pay his wages even if the fee was Somehow attainable. We missed our chance when we first loaned him.

But where would he go now? Which prem sides genuinely would swap their keeper and bring in Hendo to be first choice?
Chelsea have shown interest.
Liverpool, City, Leicester, Spurs, Wolves, Everton,wouldn’t entertain it.
Arsenal claim they are skint.
Burnley, Villa and Brighton have good keeper and doubt they would swap while Southampton, West Brom, Newcastle can’t or won’t pay it.
Leeds maybe as a loan but not a chance in hell he’d go there.
Leaves Fulham, Palace, West Ham, who possibly have the funds to pay the wages he would demand now. But why would he want to go play for those dullards?

So he’s now in the position of pricing himself out of a move to most clubs and restricting his options to just Chelsea in this country if he signs that deal.
If he were my son, I’d be telling him to either accept he has to fight for a place at Man U, don’t sign a new deal and give it one year to replace De Gea.
Or refuse the new deal and demand a transfer, and put happiness ahead of the money. Yes Man U could put a silly price on him and make him sit in the reserves, but by the same token they are a business and I don’t see that happening.

I'd be forcing the move through to Chelsea. Lovely area of the country, big pay day, number 1 at a massive club for the rest of his career, young english squad / manager. It's the best move available to him now & possibly ever in the likely event Man Utd are going to stick with De Gea.

Same argument at work: We need a simulator buying one costs £20m and running costs are £25k/week or we can hire one for £5m/year.
Hiring one saves over £17m from this years budget we'll do it.
Next year hiring one costs £7m and we'll save £15m from next year's budget! Promotion for the man who's saving the company an 8 figure sum each year.
Why isn’t the £20 million capitalised over its expected lifetime?

Like most shite coverage from The Sun it reads like a load of cack shat out to drive clicks. I have seemed to have miss this but when has Nixon & Co become reliable and trustworthy. Im fairly sure other than zivkovic and maybe one more he has never been first authority on a blades transfer story in 7+ years.

Like most shite coverage from The Sun it reads like a load of cack shat out to drive clicks. I have seemed to have miss this but when has Nixon & Co become reliable and trustworthy. Im fairly sure other than zivkovic and maybe one more he has never been first authority on a blades transfer story in 7+ years.

Oddly I haven’t got a log of Nixon’s transfer rumours about us but he’s on the money a lot of the time. His job is literally to report on transfers. If he was shite he wouldn’t last long. I don’t understand why people slate him. Well, I think I can probably guess. But he’s one of the most tapped in journos for transfers around. Some journos have good contacts at certain clubs but Nixon does a good job at a large number.

Part of the consideration has to be his ultimate replacement. We are not getting him permanently so will need our own keeper. If we have the opportunity now to get someone in CW may feel we need to take that chance while it’s there to get them in.

Up until now Deano being loaned to us has suited all 3 parties. That balance has now changed to where it only really suits Man Utd. DdG has 4 years left on 350k a week, he won't be going anywhere for atleast 2 years, likely all 4 with those wages. Deano can sign a deal which passes power to OT and could easily see him sat warming a bench over the next few years as the list of clubs willing to pay 100k a week for a loan keeper is dwindling. I don't see how we pay it even if we can afford it, would put him miles agead of anyone else.

Oddly I haven’t got a log of Nixon’s transfer rumours about us but he’s on the money a lot of the time. His job is literally to report on transfers. If he was shite he wouldn’t last long. I don’t understand why people slate him. Well, I think I can probably guess. But he’s one of the most tapped in journos for transfers around. Some journos have good contacts at certain clubs but Nixon does a good job at a large number.
Im overly critical and dislike him due to WUM shite like this. His dogshit story about us wanting forestieri for an apparent Record fee.
7A983890-8C6A-4678-A5AA-D37B26D459EF.png

Fuck him off, hes not a 100k a week keeper (yet) and it will totally lopside our wage structure. We need a keeper we own, how many years are we gonna keep this bullshit up. Its reached a point where the benefit of having him is outweighed by the cost, and by the knowledge that long term we have no first choice keeper. A great shot stopper he is but hes not the be all and end all of goalkeeping, parries it out in the 6 yard box a lot, poor claiming it in the air, kicking is shit. Time to get our own keeper and stop helping manure out.

Don’t think it will happen (unfortunately he’s progressed passed the point where we can afford him even if Man U agreed to sell) but I think it’s a misnomer about the wages. cant see the squad being bothered as it’s not us who have agreed to the contract.

Call it a loan fee of £3m and a contribution of £40k per week to his wages if it makes that much difference. It amounts to the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom