Rod Liddle thinks we're a 'midlands' team

• Thread starter Deleted member 1486
  • Start date

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Probably pissed again.

Also said in December we were his tip for the drop.
He also said in that article that The reason we would get relegated was that we had a tendency to concede Late goals and “you heard it here first”. I did actually email him at the time to point out that his fact about conceding late goals was completely wrong and in fact we had equalised in a number of games to get a point and had not conceded any late goals. He never replied!

In the way that he's a nice bloke or the way that he's a cunt??
I don't really 'like' journalists based on that criteria alone. I don't actually know any personally but I have a sneaking suspicion that I would find most of them to be grade A cunts.
I have some respect for Rod Liddle because, amongst his other writings that I don't particularly agree with, he has written about things like the Rotherham grooming scandal which most of our great metropolitan media outlets like to ignore.

Rod fucking Liddle!!! now when the fuck did he become a know it all about football......
He's just a weshed owt know it fuck all piss head lefty.
He even knows less about geography than he does about our fantastic team.
Wot a twat he is!!!!

"Local hero: Wilder is well-regarded but his record is not much more than decent"

Promoted to football league with Oxford.
Won League Two with 99 points with Northampton.
Won League One with 100 points with Sheffield United.
Won promotion from Championship with Sheffield United.
Top 10 Premiership finish, never flirting with relegation .

Right you are, Rod.

If you look at Sheffield on the map, we are actually smack bang in the middle of the country, and I have had discussions with people in the past who consider us closer to the midlands than to the North, geographically.

But it's irrelevant in relation to the original point, 'Yorkshire' being the key word, regardless of how far south Yorkshire extends.

If you look at Sheffield on the map, we are actually smack bang in the middle of the country, and I have had discussions with people in the past who consider us closer to the midlands than to the North, geographically.

But it's irrelevant in relation to the original point, 'Yorkshire' being the key word, regardless of how far south Yorkshire extends.

May just be my eyes, but...

Im not sure it’s in the middle of the country of England?

May be middle-ish in the union of Great Britain (well what’s left of it)??

Chesterfield is in North East Derbyshire and classed as the Midands. Sheffield is in South Yorkshire and classes as the north.

However just pass Meadowhead roundabout heading dow towards Dronfield is where the North becomes the Midlands.

Sheffield is officially one of the most southerly places in the North.

Chesterfield is in North East Derbyshire and classed as the Midands. Sheffield is in South Yorkshire and classes as the north.

However just pass Meadowhead roundabout heading dow towards Dronfield is where the North becomes the Midlands.

Bradway.jpg

May just be my eyes, but...

Im not sure it’s in the middle of the country of England?

May be middle-ish in the union of Great Britain (well what’s left of it)??

North of middle England then..if you include the long expanse north of us up to the border?

I live in Charnock, just a few hundred yards away from expansive countryside, which at some point becomes Derbyshire. I have various iterations of the house deeds, showing that has our postcode swapped between Derbyshire and South Yorkshire a few times.

I live in Charnock, just a few hundred yards away from expansive countryside, which at some point becomes Derbyshire. I have various iterations of the house deeds, showing that has our postcode swapped between Derbyshire and South Yorkshire a few times.
i'll bake a cake

Rod fucking Liddle!!! now when the fuck did he become a know it all about football......
He's just a weshed owt know it fuck all piss head lefty.
He even knows less about geography than he does about our fantastic team.
Wot a twat he is!!!!
He's no lefty I think you'll find!

I’ve no idea who he is

He played Pat Butcher on Eastenders

Rod-Liddle--001_400x400.jpg

You soft Southern, Northern b**tards...

It is irrelevant to say Sheffield is in the Midlands, it’s placed in Yorkshire, which has no reference to be in the north
Although we are only 30 miles north of Nottingham and Derby which Midlands 😃

Back
Top Bottom