Match Thread Sheffield United vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - 8th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WOLV
WOLV
WOLV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1594065300737.png v. 1594065309391.png
EPL Week 34 - Wednesday 8th July 2020 - Bramall lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.p...ffield-united-vs-wolverhampton-wanderers.498/

Officials:

Referee:
Martin Atkinson
Assistant Referee: Lee Betts
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Fourth Official: Anthony Taylor
Video Assistant Referee: Jonathan Moss
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Replacement Official: Hristo Karaivanov

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 20.57.33.png

Also, cheers to NES for bringing off Traore when our left side of bookings looked in danger of a red any time he got on the ball.

Good stuff. Defended well as a team and pushed for the win when they seemed to accept a draw.

Based on the 55 minutes so far, it's hardly surprising is it?
Scored a cracker, 1" offside, ran his blood to water. Doesn't work as a partnership with Mcburnie. Surprised you can see what you're typing looking over your shoulder seeing us closing in on you.

The commentators kept banging on about how fucking excellent wolves are in the second half but I thought we bossed it and they looked poor going forward.
Mom Osborn
Beautiful goal from Egan, who's on fire in front of goal, hes outscoring mane Salah and kane in the last 2 games

Get the fuck in. Thought we were fantastic tonight.

Not to many shit yourself moments against one of the quickest attacks in the league, great off the ball, attacked well when we did but just no end product.

Berge was great I thought, strongest motherfucker around, beast, and some great passes. There was a through ball in the first half that was weighted to perfection.

The entire midfield were good today though, Osborn is giving Wilder a tough decision to make whenever Fleck is back and that's no mean feat.

Stevens getting a little bit closer every game, I'd say above 90% now.

Zivkovic looked good too, came on, won us a free kick and set up a chance, good close control.

Moose couldn't decide whether to be a ball hog or team player but his pace probably protected us a bit so I don't mind.

JOC made us a lot more solid.

And Egan, what a beautiful man.

Brilliant tonight. Love 'em.

What a fucking game, what a fucking performance, worked really hard across the pitch. Made some mistakes but seriously worked hard to make up for them.

They barely looked like scoring all game, JOC had Adama in his pocket, Egan had Jiminez in his, and Bash was just Bash.

Our midfield does lack that creativity, I mean it doesn't because it is there and we do see it, just maybe to lightweight to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and control it, but what Osborne lacks in creativity he more than makes up for in work rate and effort. You can tell Berge has a defensive mind but he was looking to play some good balls in at times, worked very hard and you can see should blossom the longer he plays with us.

Richario looks a player and Moose put in a good shift, they could make a good partnership as they almost made a chance just not on the same page.

Can't say how fucking proud I am of this team, Egan is a fucking hero yet again with a bullet header this time and I'd say we just about deserved that.

I'm so fucking happy right now 😁 up the fucking Blades

We look so much better with JOC back in the team. Where would we be if he hadn't been injured.

I thought Eagan Basham and O'Connell were excellent tonight. Baldock was decent. Stevens mixed good with bad.
Norwood was better than has been for since lockdown. Osborn makes up for any weakness by sheer work rate and speed. Has done well since he came in.
Berge was mediocre tonight. He has more in him. McBurnie worked hard as usual. Billy was Billy gives his all just can't get around enough to be impactful. Mousset didn't do much. Zivkovic. In fairness he looks to have the desire to work for his chance. Would like to see more before the end of the season.
Henderson..was grand but nothing to do really.
Overall a great result. A good performance and promising signs

The commentators always say that there will be reaction after the game on sky sports news there never is

great second half, Bash and Osborn great, the rest close behind, a real teameffort. Traore handled well by Stevens/Osborn. The pride and workrate in the team immense....two days rest and Chelsea. Zivkovic and Moussett on the counter....

I thought Eagan Basham and O'Connell were excellent tonight. Baldock was decent. Stevens mixed good with bad.
Norwood was better than has been for since lockdown. Osborn makes up for any weakness by sheer work rate and speed. Has done well since he came in.
Berge was mediocre tonight. He has more in him. McBurnie worked hard as usual. Billy was Billy gives his all just can't get around enough to be impactful. Mousset didn't do much. Zivkovic. In fairness he looks to have the desire to work for his chance. Would like to see more before the end of the season.

Thought Berge bossed it in the second half. Slightly quiet in the first - but thought he used his strength brilliantly in the last 30 minutes.

The commentators always say that there will be reaction after the game on sky sports news there never is
This is getting tiring, does it switch channel or sumat? Want hear what both gaffer's have to say ffs.

you lost me when you said berge was medio
You were doing well until you said Berge was mediocre, then you lost me

Forget Europe, forget this season as the only opportunity we might get. Wolves are a good side, they played great, but at no point did I feel nervous or that we were under pressure. An absolute giant of a performance (even without the winning goal). I am confident that next season we can still accrue the points to stay up. If we can establish ourselves as a Premier League team, putting in performances that also get us a bit of kudos, so the pundits can talk about us as a good team, then I've seen that performance tonight and think we can. We can be more interesting than Burnley!
Was disappointed that Chris Wilder didn't kick a water bottle, but instead celebrated the win, knowing a European place might get us relegated next year!😆😆

Spurs were poor (I know, I know), but Wolves weren't poor, they played good football and their defenders were awesome, so it's so gratifying to see this result. I think, the best post-lockdown performance.

Thought Berge bossed it in the second half. Slightly quiet in the first - but thought he used his strength brilliantly in the last 30 minutes.
Maybe I am harsh on him. Just would like to see him demand the ball more and threaten them a bit. He has the talent and he is a big guy. But he has cemented his place in the team now and that's a good thing. Overall he is going to be an integral part of the team

Back
Top Bottom