Away team overnight accommodation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Peezablade

Reaction score
Any ideas where the opposition are currently choosing to stay over before the matches at BDTBL? I guess Wolves may travel tomorrow but Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea?
Thanks

Away team choice used to be the Hilton at the Quayside now the Best Western Quays Hotel but it may have changed with the change of ownership.

Away team choice used to be the Hilton at the Quayside now the Best Western Quays Hotel but it may have changed with the change of ownership.

Leeds were in the Mercure, because everyone outside (probably a mixture of United and Wednesday fans) was giving them the rods through the window as they were arriving (and they were doing the same back from inside the hotel).

All very childish, but it was quite funny.

Not sure since lockdown but it's usually the Mercure. I'm usually near there for a coffee/breakfast on a Saturday morning and have seen loads of teams coming out/hanging around. All the teams that play pigs and Rotherham stay there too.

When the league first returned clubs were encouraged to avoid overnight stays so a lot were travelling on the day. As the guidelines have relaxed since then I imagine some might be staying at hotels again.

Leeds were in the Mercure, because everyone outside (probably a mixture of United and Wednesday fans) was giving them the rods through the window as they were arriving (and they were doing the same back from inside the hotel).

All very childish, but it was quite funny.
Leeds needed an overnight stay?

Leeds needed an overnight stay?

Now I think about it, even weirder.. I don't think they were actually playing us or Wednesday. But yes, 100% they were in the Mercure.

Last year we had our works Christmas party at Jury‘s Hotel in town.

The QPR manager and squad were having a meal too and staying overnight.....just before their match at the New York stadium against Rotherham

Maybe they've booked into the Bamboo Rooms at Tinsley?

Last year we had our works Christmas party at Jury‘s Hotel in town.

The QPR manager and squad were having a meal too and staying overnight.....just before their match at the New York stadium against Rotherham

Always remember before that hotel was built, seeing the signs around the site saying "contaminated land" and then a hotel flying up on the site shortly after.

Any ideas where the opposition are currently choosing to stay over before the matches at BDTBL? I guess Wolves may travel tomorrow but Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea?
Thanks

St Paul’s

Arsenal and Spurs both came by plane on match day then flew back same day

Well given that theres only 2 decent hotels, the mecure by peace gardens is where the snooker players stay and where our new signings also stay. Thats where they stay until they get sorted, Deano was in there quite a while actually. Then st Pauls is the best, seen quite a few team buses there.

Well given that theres only 2 decent hotels, the mecure by peace gardens is where the snooker players stay and where our new signings also stay. Thats where they stay until they get sorted, Deano was in there quite a while actually. Then st Pauls is the best, seen quite a few team buses there.
Aren’t they the same hotel?

Now I think about it, even weirder.. I don't think they were actually playing us or Wednesday. But yes, 100% they were in the Mercure.

Probably one of them weekend scat parties?

I thought the Mercure and St Paul's are one and the same place?

Back
Top Bottom