Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thought today was his best game so far tbh, besides what does a £20m striker look like? Joelinton cost double that doesn't look any better. Wesley, Maupay for the same price not pulling up trees.

Bad day all round, but you say that was his best game and for me it still isn’t good enough for the PL

Whether that’s all down to him I’m not sure, but for me he doesn’t impose himself on the game enough

He has attributes, but at the minute those attributes appear to be around the box rather than in it

Name one asset?

He has no pace
He isn't a threat
He doesn't win headers, except defensive
He's easily barged off the ball
He changes how we successfully play by just being on the pitch

I’m not sure how you are grading how successful we have played with someone else on the pitch tbh mate, if your grading we are more creative I don’t think it’s a clear cut argument that we are better, I think it’s clear we are better with Didsy in there but who you stick in alongside him

Does he have moose pace ?? No he doesn’t, but he never had, he is in there for his work rate and physicality

I think he is a threat but you have to create fir him, in our system it’s him who is holding the ball out and spreading it wide as much as any so I’m not sure that’s a fair critique

Winning headers depends on the crosses, how many crosses do we put in for him to run onto and attack ?? I would argue we have seen more that are either put in behind him or some were we take so much time he has their biggest defender all over him making it hard

I haven't really rated Mcburnie from day one, I just don't think he's good enough but criticism of him today is a bit unjustified. He won most aerial duels and linked up play reasonably well. I'd like to say we don't play to his strength but I'm unsure what that is. Knocked off it too easy and no pace. Not helped by playing with Sharp. Mousset better partner option.

Sharp and McBurnie is a combination short of pace. Mousset went off the boil. I thought Zivkovic looked lively when he came on and he has pace.

I haven't really rated Mcburnie from day one, I just don't think he's good enough but criticism of him today is a bit unjustified. He won most aerial duels and linked up play reasonably well. I'd like to say we don't play to his strength but I'm unsure what that is. Knocked off it too easy and no pace. Not helped by playing with Sharp. Mousset better partner option.
I thought he gave the ball away that lead to their 2nd and 3rd goals?

That be the same Fella that can’t do 60 minutes ?

See the problem Wilder has ?

You are absolutely right about the OMc BS pairing. It’s sub optimal to say the least.

Sharp much better alongside a clever tricky player such as Dids. And with the creativity we had once upon a time from the likes of Coutts, Fleck, Duff. The amount of managers that have put him alongside a “target” man type is staggering as he has never flourished in a more direct system.

I have no fucking clue who would be a good foil alongside OMc !

UTB

I thought he gave the ball away that lead to their 2nd and 3rd goals?
Bit harsh but take your point. Thought Norwood was half hearted trying to get to Mcburnies lay off for 3rd.

I know we're almost an impossible team for a striker to play in currently..... but fuck me. He looks completely hopeless.

But for Wilder he can do no wrong. Being so slow probably works in his favour.

I know we're almost an impossible team for a striker to play in currently..... but fuck me. He looks completely hopeless.

But for Wilder he can do no wrong. Being so slow probably works in his favour.
Wilder, and not for the first time, is blinkered in his view of what good actually looks like in a CF. Price tag must be a distorting factor here.

Sorry gaffer but that’s £17m-£20m spunked !!!

If this guy is the future spearhead of our strike force, that defensive record better continue for a very very long time 👍.

UTB

Needs to bulk up a bit, poor hold up play for a big guy. If he could turn into the Premier League Madine we'd have a good player on our hands and an excellent option.

McBurnie has had his chance now, baffled why Moose is not getting a sniff. McBurnine strolls around the pitch doing nothing.

Wilder, and not for the first time, is blinkered in his view of what good actually looks like in a CF. Price tag must be a distorting factor here.

Sorry gaffer but that’s £17m-£20m spunked !!!

If this guy is the future spearhead of our strike force, that defensive record better continue for a very very long time 👍.

UTB
Give him some proper service and he'll flourish, as any of the strikers would.. service that isn't hoofing the ball in the hope it's going to stick.

Name one asset?

He has no pace
He isn't a threat
He doesn't win headers, except defensive
He's easily barged off the ball
He changes how we successfully play by just being on the pitch

He showed all those assets with his goal against Brighton away. I don't know what you expected from him today when he was at some points in the centre circle trying to get the ball.

End of the day we had nothing down the wings, as was the same in the reverse fixture. Villa we weren't great either but fortunately they didnt take any go their chances

He might be alright in a team that has possession and occasionally tries to win.

In our current team, in his current role, he's a passenger.

We can't be going into next season with him in mind as the starting CF.

He's got a lot of work to do and so have we.

i dont want to criticize either forward from villa til 3-0 Newcastle im not we had a chance in open play. Stevens had footballing yips. 2 strikers screaming was scared to get it in for some reason. i was always say striker is only as good as the service he gets. its very little at moment. even Aguero Cavani Lewandowski would struggle with 1 chance a game

I'm not a betting person. There's only ever one winner. He isn't an out and out target man despite his size. No matter how much folk want that.
The kids rhubarb. We won’t get anywhere near what we paid for him going forward and if Wilder can actually see it for what it is, will go the exact same way as Cal Rob. We need soo much better.

Wont get any better as it’s basic and fundamental attributes of being a footballer that he is lacking. Which bearing in mind additionally he has no athletic attributes either, all adds up to one big fuck off headache !!

UTB

The kids rhubarb. We won’t get anywhere near what we paid for him going forward and if Wilder can actually see it for what it is, will go the exact same way as Cal Rob. We need soo much better.

Wont get any better as it’s basic and fundamental attributes of being a footballer that he is lacking. Which bearing in mind additionally he has no athletic attributes either, all adds up to one big fuck off headache !!

UTB

I genuinely think there's more of a player in Calum Robinson than there is in McBurnie.

However, that might be the Red wine and 3-0 defeat talking...

UTB
That's handy, as we won't sell him. He's rhubarb? Nah bud. Think that's due to the absolutely abysmal service he and the others get given most matches. He scores goals it's that simple, 20 odd last season in the championship in a swans team somewhat lacking.. give the strikers proper service and you'll score. Punt the ball long at every opportunity for whatever daft reason, you won't score.

Nobody can score without service, & the only chance we had unfortunately Billy badly missed, & he will feel it! But if you do not get service you cannot score, & if you do not shoot you will not score!
Billy's goal against Norwich was from a fabulous cross, & he should have scored today from a rare cross, but no striker scores 100%.

Its service we need & until then its harsh to shoot the poor old strikers.

Just be glad we are on 44 points & there are 8 games for CW to address the problem b4 next season.

Penalties nailed on for next Sunday, I hope they are practising!

This lad has had two successful spells in his career, playing for out and out football teams. He drops in the midfield, lays the ball off and gets on the end of things. He's never played as a traditional number nine and probably doesn't have the attributes. We've been trying to play him as one rather than playing runners off him.If you play Sharp and Mcburnie you can throw a doormat over them as they want to build in the same way, in the same spaces. The opposition pushes the defensive line up and the game becomes congested. United need two reliable, quality pacy outlets that will stretch the game and run beyond. One of them can then partner one of Sharp, Mcgoldrick, Mcburnie.

That's handy, as we won't sell him. He's rhubarb? Nah bud. Think that's due to the absolutely abysmal service he and the others get given most matches. He scores goals it's that simple, 20 odd last season in the championship in a swans team somewhat lacking.. give the strikers proper service and you'll score. Punt the ball long at every opportunity for whatever daft reason, you won't score.
The service was abysmal - agreed.

But The kid can’t consistently trap a bag of sand. It really is that bad. 2nd touch is routinely a tackle. Watch closely.

The amount of possession turnover we suffer as a DIRECT result of his involvement in a play phase is staggering. Watch closely.

His headers on goal are weak. His shots are tame. Watch closely.

Not anywhere near as good aerially as many would make out. Watch closely.

Gets caught on his heels when he should be on his toes, resulting in CBs knicking the ballaway. Watch closely.

In the beautiful and wonderful world of all things S2 4SU, a significant number of our arm chair expert fans have throughout the years come to love the big lad up top that wins headers. It’s a favourite attribute that has this throng cheering at every opportunity when said lad wins said header. The fact it ended up in row Z is of NO relevance whatsoever !!

UTB

Difficult to blame the front men at the moment because the team is crying out for some creativity that simply isn’t there at this moment in time, what would we give for a player like Maximin. I honestly also believe that Wilders loyalty towards Sharp is holding the team back somewhat. Decent cover for our three regular centre backs is also a must.

Back
Top Bottom