Emotions like that.....depths of despair, to YEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
Watching that lot celebrating when we thought we had won was torture. I was having a chunter saying we should be seeing the game out in our half and not fucking around playing back towards our own goal when they "scored". Such an empty feeling knowing you had thrown it all away. Then out of the blue comes a glimmer of hope. Our trusted friend Var appears on the big screen. "Checking goal for possible handball". "It won't go for us" said my all know ing son. I said they must have seen something, and then came the silence. Eyes fixed on the ref and big screen. Then it happened. Big screen says No goal, Handball!.

I can honestly say that in my 55 years of coming to the Lane i have never quite heard a roar of such magnitude and celebration. To feel the relief and joy of that moment will stay with me for ever. Even this morning i was still feeling elation from the night before. Absoloutely brilliant! tenor (7).gif

As good as scoring a goal! Amazing drama!

I've no idea whether it's a goal when we score or they score. Hard to get excited about any of it.

In real time I thought McBurnie might be a parallaxed nanometre offside and the fact that the lino didn't flag is no longer relevant so let's go to the anal anoraks in Stockley Park. Norwood was asking the ref and he got the good news.

Their goal didn't look legit at the time. There's no way Rice can control that ball like that. If the ball drops like that then it's either McGoldrick/Zidane levels of sorcery or a hand/arm. Again Norwood was asking the ref and he got the good news.

Whatever. It's not football any more.

Watching that lot celebrating when we thought we had won was torture. I was having a chunter saying we should be seeing the game out in our half and not fucking around playing back towards our own goal when they "scored". Such an empty feeling knowing you had thrown it all away. Then out of the blue comes a glimmer of hope. Our trusted friend Var appears on the big screen. "Checking goal for possible handball". "It won't go for us" said my all know ing son. I said they must have seen something, and then came the silence. Eyes fixed on the ref and big screen. Then it happened. Big screen says No goal, Handball!.

I can honestly say that in my 55 years of coming to the Lane i have never quite heard a roar of such magnitude and celebration. To feel the relief and joy of that moment will stay with me for ever. Even this morning i was still feeling elation from the night before. Absoloutely brilliant! View attachment 68381

Where I was sitting, well, more like hanging between my crutches by this time, to fix my eyes on both the ref and the Big Screen I would've needed eyes like Marty Feldman, so I fixed mine on the ref.

Absolutely delighted when the ref indicated "TV show, two words". No Goal! That Sky bloke with the pitch side camera was focusing on me afterwards as I was informing the West Ham fans where they could place those Tevez masks. Also, a pair of crutches can make a very good giant 'V' sign.

My four year old grandson watches everything to do with football, plays it all the time, it's marvelous but:

When ever he sees a goal his first thought is to ask, will that be a goal?

To do that to a four year old is unforgivable VAR. Your killing his pleasure and he's only four.

I can honestly say that in my 55 years of coming to the Lane i have never quite heard a roar of such magnitude and celebration. To feel the relief and joy of that moment will stay with me for ever. Even this morning i was still feeling elation from the night before. Absoloutely brilliant! View attachment 68381
That picture is making me laugh as much as I did last night, well done.

I didn’t even celebrate our goal last night, I was convinced that McBurnie would be offside when Fleck played him the ball.

We've got a little routine where we celebrate as soon as the opposition kick off again. That said, I was fairly confident with that one.

Last time I properly celebrated was Mousset against Manchester United as there was obviously nowt wrong with that.

I think the ref signalled 'no goal' before it appeared on the screen. I was watching the screen and some of the crowd were already cheering before it went up on the screen. I guess they were looking at the ref!

I keep having a look at this and makes me lol! Post great and agree too. Where the pic from? Your dog. I can't find after a search. Can't share or download.

All these folks saying they dont celebrate now, I've not seen one person not celebrate a goal regardless of VAR. I certainly still celebrate until VAR signals.

Controversial but I dont mind VAR, it's the way offside is judged that gets me. If they only gave clear and obvious offside I'd be fine with it.

All these folks saying they dont celebrate now, I've not seen one person not celebrate a goal regardless of VAR. I certainly still celebrate until VAR signals.

Controversial but I dont mind VAR, it's the way offside is judged that gets me. If they only gave clear and obvious offside I'd be fine with it.

Worthy stance and very sensible but despite last nights excellent finish its still horseshit.

Controversial but I dont mind VAR, it's the way offside is judged that gets me.

I celebrated three times at Brighton, so got my money's worth

Re: offside, it's incredibly simple to fix. Offside is on or off, it's not the "clear and obvious" bullshit that VAR detractors throw out who don't know how it works. But, as it's never going to be 100% precise, simply make the lines six to eight inches wide to give a margin of error in how VAR spots a player position and the frame where they determine the pass to be played. If the lines overlap, VAR is inconclusive and just like in cricket the on field decision stands. Do that, and speed everything else up, and 99% of complaints from fans about VAR (which only ever happen when it goes against you) disappear

How far offside do you have to be for it to be ‘clear and obvious’?

Liked the post because at the moment it is true, goals are still celebrated as they were in the main, but personally that celebration is shorter (don’t go away where it is often a bit more wild of course). This stems from the McBurnie goal against Man Utd. Went mad, ran to some pals further down in the stand, back to my seat, high fives, hugs all round and then the wait..........

Friday night, similar, big goal against that scum, jubilant, hugs, high fives etc. but then very quickly “was he level when Fleck played the ball”.

I think in time celebrations will become more muted across the league as more teams have goals overturned. Not saying it’ll become a cultured ‘fist pump and two clap’ job but certainly less wild than how West Ham celebrated (as we have done in the past). Perhaps it’ll make it all safer.

Offside rule you’ve got bang on and I’m sure it’ll change next year. That’s the only thing I’m anti-VAR for really. Ultimately I don’t want my team to be shafted by a dodgy goal which, on the flip side, results in celebrations like Friday.

Didn't see many jumping up and down when Baldock scored at Tottenham

I keep having a look at this and makes me lol! Post great and agree too. Where the pic from? Your dog. I can't find after a search. Can't share or download.
Tenor Gifs Nick.........https://tenor.com/search/creator-gifs

Back
Top Bottom