Stadium and facilities redevelopment post KMC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Zero to do with McCabe. The Prince isn't that rich. It's a fact he struggled to find far lower amounts. The 50 million the court has said is the figure is more than the money he's put in since 2013. Get over what exactly?! Just care about the future/current ownership not tit for tat point scoring nonsense.

Check out the net worth of his siblings. He could probably pass the hat round at a family dinner and realise more than £50m in loose change. They're probably chomping at the bit for a slice of PL action too.

The point I was trying to make is that so much bollocks has been spouted about the Prince and his intentions, none of it with any substantiation and most of it nothing more than veiled racism.

Number of free seats in the home areas for each of the games (not including Arsenal as not sure of number of away fans in ground):
Crystal Palace - 1008
Leicester - 1151
Southampton - 803
Liverpool - 0 (I'm told)

It is worth noting that there were a number of seats unavailable until the Liverpool game due to the ongoing works (around 200 I believe). Ticketing policy changed for the Southampton game. Anyone who is on the database and had 300 points could have got a ticket. Actually, the same was for the Liverpool game with tickets still available the day before the game. We said before, if people had bought a membership and tickets for Blackburn and Sunderland, they would have had enough points anyway before it dropped to 300.

Leicester was the lowest support - 95.8% of home areas were purchased.

Check out the net worth of his siblings. He could probably pass the hat round at a family dinner and realise more than £50m in loose change. They're probably chomping at the bit for a slice of PL action too.

The point I was trying to make is that so much bollocks has been spouted about the Prince and his intentions, none of it with any substantiation and most of it nothing more than veiled racism.

Racism? Pardon? If his siblings are rich ( no idea who they are) why didn't they help him out when he was struggling before?! Sounds like something plucked from mid air to me as he's been on the scene since 2013 and its the first I've heard of it.

Racism? Pardon? If his siblings are rich ( no idea who they are) why didn't they help him out when he was struggling before?! Sounds like something plucked from mid air to me as he's been on the scene since 2013 and its the first I've heard of it.

His siblings are the Saudi royal family. Probably the richest family on the planet. Where have you been?

When was he struggling? Another fallacy to list along with the rest. McCabe fell for that one too so you're in good company.

His siblings are the Saudi royal family. Probably the richest family on the planet. Where have you been?

When was he struggling? Another fallacy to list along with the rest. McCabe fell for that one too so you're in good company.

The court judgement refers to PA having "no spare cash" in June 2016 as Saudi Paper had "stopped paying dividends".

That's either true or he perjured himself.

The court judgement refers to PA having "no spare cash" in June 2016 as Saudi Paper had "stopped paying dividends".

Read my post you quoted again. I wasn't referring to him, I was referring to his (extended) family.

Your man lost Sean, the Prince handed him his arse and the world didn't end either, get over it.

Read my post you quoted again. I wasn't referring to him, I was referring to his (extended) family.

Your man lost Sean, the Prince handed him his arse and the world didn't end either, get over it.

You were referring to his family having a whip round. They could have done then. But seemingly didn’t.

Nothing to do with who won or lost, so an irrelevant comment.

Laugh time again then.....

“Read my post you quoted again. I wasn't referring to him, I was referring to his (extended) family.”

“When was he struggling? Another fallacy to list along with the rest. McCabe fell for that one too so you're in good company”

shome mishtake shurley

Do you know what a sibling is or anything about the large royal family over there? Only reference I found to one of his (half) brothers is he killed the king back in the day and was executed. So doubt he could lend him £50 million.

You seem to be pinning hopes on him having a rich mate of family member rather than his own funds when he's said he's not on the lookout for other investors.

Do you know what a sibling is or anything about the large royal family over there? Only reference I found to one of his (half) brothers is he killed the king back in the day and was executed. So doubt he could lend him £50 million.

You seem to be pinning hopes on him having a rich mate of family member rather than his own funds when he's said he's not on the lookout for other investors.

The only thing apparent from your post is that along with everything else, you know fuck all about the Saudi royal family.

Laugh time again then.....

“Read my post you quoted again. I wasn't referring to him, I was referring to his (extended) family.”

“When was he struggling? Another fallacy to list along with the rest. McCabe fell for that one too so you're in good company”

shome mishtake shurley

I'll leave you gibbering to yourself. I think you can get medicine for it these days.

The only thing apparent from your post is that along with everything else, you know fuck all about the Saudi royal family.

I'm not sure why you are being quite so abusive. The simple fact is the Prince has money issues. Any blade should be worried about this and not dismiss it with "he has rich siblings" or "he's part of the saudi royal family" It's a big old family and the Prince has said he's had to work for what money he does have.

A sibling is one of two or more individuals having one or both parents in common.

I think what Sean Thornton is referring to, is that there were a couple of occasions, (mentioned in the court documents), where PA had been unable to inject cash.

While you're entirely correct that his family are extremely wealthy, it seems that PA has been unable or unwilling to attract any investment/loans from his family members, or else he would have done it on the occasions he'd had cash-flow problems.

Not to say that he won't be able to convince rich family members or associates to invest in the future, but that hasn't been the case up until now.
It appears some people (not necessarily you) see his family's net worth as some kind of untapped resource, which I feel is misguided.

There was a summary of his assets during the initial hearing. I can't find it now. Can anyone?

I know that the reason we haven’t sold out is because of our own inadequate processes, however I think that our tipping point is around 32k. More than this and we’ll attract the odd few for the big games but will then have a few thousand unsold for the other games. As someone who likes to see full grounds I’d like to see the demand before we create the supply.

There’s nothing worse than seeing sparse grounds for PL games, Southampton v Leicester last week being a good example even prior to them shipping a ton of goals. At the start of the game it was bad weather, Sky, Friday night etc. Loads of empty seats. We’d be the same.

Exactly. People think that just because we're in the PL, people should just roll up. Insane fixture re-arrangements, weather, live on TV, Christmas coming up, other pulls on people's finances, International breaks to disrupt momentum etc. etc.

Wilder said in an interview there won’t be any stadium upgrades until we are an established premiership club and that the training ground will be the first to be upgraded as the standard of that is lower championship.

But when are you an 'established premiership club'?

1572593054041.png

Southampton are currently 'enjoying' their eighth season in the PL but are being dragged into a precarious position. Similarly Bournemouth are in their sixth PL season but are stinking the place out. Apart from the 'chosen few' (and West Ham...), most teams eventually get dragged down - just look at Sunderland (24 seasons in the PL) and Middlesbrough (28). Newcastle & Wolves will be OK because of the fanbase and fabulously wealthy owners.

We're the same. Do we build that extension while the sun is shining or worry about redundancy until the building costs have spiralled? We've spent insanely (by United's standards) to give ourself a chance of staying in the PL - with probably more to come in the JTW. Money only goes so far.

Exactly. People think that just because we're in the PL, people should just roll up. Insane fixture re-arrangements, weather, live on TV, Christmas coming up, other pulls on people's finances, International breaks to disrupt momentum etc. etc.

But when are you an 'established premiership club'?

View attachment 63634

Southampton are currently 'enjoying' their eighth season in the PL but are being dragged into a precarious position. Similarly Bournemouth are in their sixth PL season but are stinking the place out. Apart from the 'chosen few' (and West Ham...), most teams eventually get dragged down - just look at Sunderland (24 seasons in the PL) and Middlesbrough (28). Newcastle & Wolves will be OK because of the fanbase and fabulously wealthy owners.

We're the same. Do we build that extension while the sun is shining or worry about redundancy until the building costs have spiralled? We've spent insanely (by United's standards) to give ourself a chance of staying in the PL - with probably more to come in the JTW. Money only goes so far.

points not years in prem quoted.

Prince has said he will buy the property off McCabe with his own funds if we go down.
That is a big statement to make as he hasn't shown he has access to millions of £s .Will he go cap in hand to relatives asking for investors.
To use the clubs premiership money is not actually buying the property ,the club would be buying itself..
If the Mccabes had not brought the prince in they would sell to a buyer who would have to buy job lot off them! the premiership money would then still be available to use to strengthen the club in multiple areas .
To lose 50 million of the funds to buy property would seriously damage our prospects of cementing our place in premier league.

Prince has said he will buy the property off McCabe with his own funds if we go down.
That is a big statement to make as he hasn't shown he has access to millions of £s .Will he go cap in hand to relatives asking for investors.
To use the clubs premiership money is not actually buying the property ,the club would be buying itself..
If the Mccabes had not brought the prince in they would sell to a buyer who would have to buy job lot off them! the premiership money would then still be available to use to strengthen the club in multiple areas .
To lose 50 million of the funds to buy property would seriously damage our prospects of cementing our place in premier league.
Not saying the prince wont take us forward Snooty !
But his past record doesn't give us confidence.
I think we would have to have faith in CWAas they would not stand by and see what they have built thrown away.Wilder has said he is not that interested in who owns the club as long as they match his ambition.
By saying that its obviouse that they would not tolerate lack of support,as I have said previously it would be shoes off in the car park to get rid of owners rather than the manager ,hope this scenario is just not going to happen.

If the Prince did go down the route of a leveraged buyout then it wouldn't be in one hit. I think Man U's was over 10 years so in our case it would amount to about £5m p.a. which would be manageable if we were in the PL but obviously less so if we got relegated. However, as you say the Prince has said he'll use his own funds in this instance so the scaremongering going on is unwarranted. Leveraged buyouts are a quite common financing tool but a fucking cheek nevertheless.

I'd relax regarding the family finances. The Saudi's have sovereign wealth funds set up for buying stuff like this and I'm sure the Prince has the ear of one or two people involved in them. I think our fans are massively underestimating him and the potential he could bring to our club.

If the Prince did go down the route of a leveraged buyout then it wouldn't be in one hit. I think Man U's was over 10 years so in our case it would amount to about £5m p.a. which would be manageable if we were in the PL but obviously less so if we got relegated. However, as you say the Prince has said he'll use his own funds in this instance so the scaremongering going on is unwarranted. Leveraged buyouts are a quite common financing tool but a fucking cheek nevertheless.

I'd relax regarding the family finances. The Saudi's have sovereign wealth funds set up for buying stuff like this and I'm sure the Prince has the ear of one or two people involved in them. I think our fans are massively underestimating him and the potential he could bring to our club.
I hope you are right Snooty as we only want what's best for the Blades.
Hopefully McCabe will fail in his bid for an appeal as dragging this on for 2 years would be damaging to the club.
He's been a bloody fool for an experienced businessman and although have sympathy for him it's best the deal is concluded as quickly as possible.

If the prince does have the ear of the people controlling sovereign wealth funds, i would ask why has he experienced cash flow problems (as seen in the court documents) in the past...

If the prince does have the ear of the people controlling sovereign wealth funds, i would ask why has he experienced cash flow problems (as seen in the court documents) in the past...
the trick when you have money is to pretend you don't have any when you are buying something

I wonder if Sunderland's predicament is partly a result of forking out to build a new stadium.

I hope you are right, but over the last few years spending in Saudi Arabia has been slashed due to the fall in oil prices amongst other issues. Obviously though spending at Bramall Lane could produce massive returns ?

BB, I was just assuming Scarborough are builders, if they are property developers, would they just get contractors in to do the building work.
GMI from Leeds would do the work ,allways the preferred contractor for scarborough

Back
Top Bottom