Roy's View From... View From Leicester

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

A reasonable pre-match set of comments with just a handful of digs but I'm not sure where some of those observations have come from.

Billy Big Spuds indeed.

I'm on holiday so didn't go yesterday but it does seem some have fallen for the narrative.

Today we’ve shown how to counter their bullying tactics, and they will be beaten more often.
Ah yes the old ‘wait for a mistake then hope for a worldie’ system. Tactically astute from Rodgers, maybe Pep will go for ‘sod the mistake and aim for three worldies’.

Also did they remember to take Maddison home or is he still lying down in the centre circle?

“It was old fashioned tactics in an old fashioned stadium with an old fashioned, blood and thunder atmosphere.”

I found something really sad about that comment.....because unfortunately it's true.
The sport I grew up with as a kid has become 'old-fashioned'
Traditional atmosphere-filled grounds replaced by modern, middle class theatres.
Big brother CCTVs watching our every seated move.
No venting of adult frustration with adult language please, we're here to be entertained and to get our over-inflated money's worth.
Maybe I'm just getting old.

One comment is spot on though, Rodgers adapted their system for us. Flattery. And my how Wilder reads and learns quickly and we came right back into it. They need to a worldie to get a winner as we had their card marked.

Not sure how then can single us out as a team who constantly plays the ball in the air when first half their main tactic was hoof it over the top to Vardy.

Dr Jekyll meets Mr Hyde on the BLLT.
Some sensible comments ... some.
And then plenty of totally ridiculous ones about our lump it in the box style of play and thuggishness. Totally wide of the mark. Either didn’t see the game, or were too pissed on decent Sheffield beer after escaping that soulless, atmosphere free bowl they play at for an away trip to a proper football city and ground. Dim twats.

Some reasonable, several self fookin entitled and several who obviously didn't watch the game.

Cardiff - tick
Relegation - tick
Aggresive and hard working - tick
20th - tick.

None of them seem to have noticed Egan getting climbed all over or the fact that but for a Worldie they would be leaving with a point.

Concur completely with the sad demise of atmosphere, but remember Leicester are the innovators of modern soulless plastic bowls and clappers.

My view of the Blades is through Red and White tinged spectacles, accepted. I’m either a clapper or a slasher, no in between.

But, reading those posts, I’m astounded that some of them don’t recognise that as well as determination we have skills, strength and tactics. Presumably they have formed their opinions through unconscious bias and MOTD highlights.

Have to say though, PL Big Boys and how many saves did Hendo make?

Cheers roy. Dont know what match most of them watched, sounded like they listned to danny mills commentary😂

My view of the Blades is through Red and White tinged spectacles, accepted. I’m either a clapper or a slasher, no in between.

But, reading those posts, I’m astounded that some of them don’t recognise that as well as determination we have skills, strength and tactics. Presumably they have formed their opinions through unconscious bias and MOTD highlights.

Have to say though, PL Big Boys and how many saves did Hendo make?

MOTD is pretty terrible to be honest. The way they edit the highlights is just not reflective of the game and tends to be more around the result. Ill ashamedly admit I was at the Man Utd v Palace game yesterday and Palace were dog shit. (As bad as, maybe Worse than against us) MOTD made them look decent.

“It was old fashioned tactics in an old fashioned stadium with an old fashioned, blood and thunder atmosphere.”

I remember when Manure came to the Lane in our last Prem season.

Their fans said of us, "Proper football stadium with a proper football crowd"

That'll do me!

I know I'm biased, but I can't believe some of these went to the game. There was very little in it, and comments from those sat where we are were that generally you couldn't tell the difference between recent PL winners, and recent L1 strugglers. Leicester aren't a bad side, but for much of the game we matched them, and were better in parts. Clearly deludamol is starting to spread. Supporting your team is one thing, being utterly deluded and unable to see any problems with your own side, whilst failing to give any credit at all to the opposition, is childish and demonstrates zero knowledge of the game.

Our football is great, yours is not.
We're classy but you only trouble us by working hard.
Naturally we won but if we hadn't it was a fluke.
This is why I don't like cosying up to any of the other fans in this division irrespective of what they say of us beforehand.

So somehow in the mind of a Leicester fan passing the ball round the defence like twats on the edge of their area makes them connoisseurs of the beautiful game whereas we play hoofball. Congratulations Leicester on your extra 2% possesion against nailed on 20th place relegation certainties. I wasn't impressed with them at all, thought they were very average.

Did any of these even watch the game?

Can't believe we've got a big lump upfront and we just hoof it.

Back
Top Bottom