Incoming? Scott Sinclair

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From Kerrydale Street.

The last thing Sinclair needs is to sign for a club who will mainly be on the defensive. It’ll be Villa all over again.

Good. You could tell from Lennon’s team selections how little he trusts Sinclair - and with good reason given how inconsistent he was last season. Better to get him off the wage bill and reinvest the cash in someone he believes in.

No one batting an eyelid at Sinclair getting touted at 2m?
I'd like to see him replaced myself but he's 30 and done us a very good turn.
If he can spin another amazing first season at a new club as seems to be his forte I'd want at least double that.
His record ain't half bad you know.
Bought him for £2.7m. And he's now highest paid player at the club in last 12 months of contract. £2m would be a great deal for Celtic.

Was just thinking the same myself. £2 million in today’s market is ridiculously cheap for someone of Sinclair’s experience and ability.

He's one of, if not the highest earner at the club. Lennon obviously doesn't fancy him. Take whatever we can get for him and put it towards a new left winger.
“Take whatever we can get for him”?
Are we short on money all of a sudden?
Naw but I want a new left winger and we aint getting one with Sinclair still here.
Fair enough, but surely Lawwell and his famous hardball negotiating could do better than 2 million quid for a regular goalscorer with EPL and CL experience?
Lawwell has lost his touch. He'll just be happy just to see a significant wage off the books.
I wouldn't sell if we weren't replacing him btw.
At 30? On a high wage even for the Championship and an extremely indifferent spell in both the EPL and Championship before he came up here? Probably not. Like it or lump it Sinclair's market is England and England will form their opinions on the player on the basis of his last time there, not here.

An extremely indifferent spell in the Championship before he came up here.
The last time Scott Sinclair played in the Championship was 2010-11, when he scored 19 goals in 43 games.
£2 million for a 30 year old with 12 months left on his contract would be fair.

The last time Scott Sinclair played in the Championship was 2010-11, when he scored 19 goals in 43 games.

He does need replaced. His twinkle toe shuffle at RB's before passing the ball backwards is infuriating these days.
Should be more than 2m is all.

I’m desperate for us to win the League next season.
Last season we struggled to score goals.
The solution appears to be to sell a guy who delivered a big chunk of our goals.
By all means replace him if that’s what the Manager wants but if we don’t replace those goals we will be creating problems for ourselves.
Aye, he had a good goalscoring record. But was anonymous for chunks of the season, and often hid in big games. What do we want from a winger? If we have someone in mind and can subsidise with Sinclair's exit, then you won't get many complaining.

I know there are massive opinion differences on Sinclair but i'm caught between not wanting another season of lackluster performances from him while screaming for Johnstone/Shved/Dembele to get a chance and the player who's scored 60 goals in three seasons and has a combined expected goals and assists 0.69 per 90mins over last season. I'd say if we can ensure that we can replace that kind of output then get rid and use the wages on other things. If we can't then he should stay. The risk, obviously, is that he continues to go downhill (and at a faster rate due to him being over your usual peak period for a winger) which means we're a year down the line and haven't gained anything by keeping him. It's quite a tough decision.
It is a catch 22 and no one can guarantee the goals he scores from the left hand side.
My ideal scenario would be to swap him for their right back Baldock (if it's true we want him) then go and sign another left sided attacker.

£2m - I'll drive Sinclair there myself.
Get in the queue.
I can't drive, but I'm happy to get behind the wheel if we need someone.
Carpool karaoke bud. We'll take turns behind the wheel. If he doesnt want to go I'll bring the chloroform.

On the way back if you could you pick up someone who can match the 17 goals and 6 assists he got last season that would be great.

No idea why we'd want to get rid of a winger who's scored over 50 goals in 3 years even when not playing at his best.
We def want rid. He's been an empty shirt more often than not recently. His contribution though towards the invincible season and ofc the treble treble has me questioning why some on here would seemingly throw him away like a used johnny bag like he was Jack Hendry.

Sinclair is already below Johnston and Hayes in the pecking order, based on the teams Lennon was picking towards the end of the season for the bigger games. He was on the bench at Hampden, Ibrox and Pittodrie. He’s not going to score 5 goals sitting in the stand, never mind 50. If the manager doesn’t have faith in him, it’s best for all concerned that he goes.
My concern is a manager who rates Sinclair below Hayes & Johnstone

If Sinclair put in the same standard of performances with the same stats playing in a central position he would be lauded. But as he is viewed as a winger and he has so many weak performances where he looks like he doesn't contribute anything apart from his goals he gets criticised. Sinclair isn't a winger. He is a wide forward. Same as Forrest should now be viewed as a wide forward as that has proven to be his best position (hopefully Lennon gets the memo and stops going on about getting to the bye line and putting in crosses) So even though fans are right to criticise some of his performances a lot of them are looking for Sinclair to do things he is not suited to.

I'd be happy to keep Sinclair as a squad player but I can understand if Lennon feels his wages could be spent elsewhere. Having a sub as one of our highest paid players doesn't really make sense.

Rodgers brought him back into the team for that run of mainly easy home games after the winter break where Sinclair is absolutely an asset. The fact he regularly left Sinclair on the bench on European nights and big games told a different story though, regarding his faith in him.
Started at home v Salzburg, Leipzig, and Valencia.
Started away at Pittodrie and Ibrox.
He was rightly dropped when he wasn’t playing well, but he was still picking him.

I would have absolutely no issue with Sinclair moving on should we bring in a suitable replacement.

I wonder if the rights to his song are included in the 2 million 🤣

Someone on Twitter claiming Helen Flanagan is in Meadowhall; Scott Sinclair therefore must be at Bramall Lane

Someone on Twitter claiming Helen Flanagan is in Meadowhall; Scott Sinclair therefore must be at Bramall Lane
Her sisters fella plays for us doesn't he?

🙃

I don’t understand why if Sinclair was signing that his missus would come too.
Imagine going for a job interview and your wife coming with you?

It's a bit like them shared Facebook profiles "Jack N Chelsea" no trust.

I was at my wife’s interview.....she did work for me though😊

Well, you wouldn't pass up a chance to go to Meadowhall would you?

Is he actually required now that Freeman has signed? 3 x AMs seems a lot especially if CW will revert to a flatter mid 3 at times next season

Is he actually required now that Freeman has signed? 3 x AMs seems a lot especially if CW will revert to a flatter mid 3 at times next season
Not my priority but you can’t always sign players in the order you’d like. It looks like another WKM moneyball signing to me. There’s a limited number of those around so perhaps you just have to sign them when they’re available rather than when you need them. Imagine if Norwood had been available a year earlier. It wouldn’t have mattered that Coutts broke his leg.

I expect when You're minted and there's a fairly large shopping centre that you haven't tapped into before, there's a lot of temptation

I know for a FACT, that Annie and Jack Walker had a joint interview

Yes but Freg Gee snook up on the rails so that disproves your theory.

Somehow I can't see Scott Sinclair behind the bar in the Rovers, so this is obviously a crock of shit.

I expect when You're minted and there's a fairly large shopping centre that you haven't tapped into before, there's a lot of temptation
Are there any shops that rich people would shop in? Genuine question, I’ve not been for at least twenty years but at Westfield near me they have a posh folks area where you buy expensive watches and handbags etc.

If he's in the starting XI tonight for Celtic, he's not going to be moving anywhere.
But.....

Mad Celtic fan I know says we are signing Sinclair tomorrow for around 3m just passing on what he said, we will see.

Back
Top Bottom