Media predictions for PL table May 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They're supposedly taking a statistical / artificial intelligence approach to predicting the outcome
That AI couldn't predict a result any more accurately after 45 games than it could before 1, I don't blame the hexcode just the knobhead who used it to write his program.

I subscribe to When Saturday comes, a monthly football magazine, and every year they get fans of all the clubs in each league to predict where everyone will finish.

We were 20th. We appear to be predicted as 20th everywhere.

We are hot favourites to go down.

The only people I know who think we will stay up are other blades fans.

Time will tell
And Tony Cascarino

I refuse to take BT Sport seriously. They're absolutely tinpot.
I resemble that remark but deeply despise BT.

Analytically speaking, their AI must match player data based on championship stats against PL stats. When 2nd tier UK teams far surpasses most other leagues. Also why it concludes the CL champions Liverpool are going to drop points compared to city is a bit of a mystery. AI is ever as good as a program. An this program looks like it's written by a Sun reporter.

Is it just me or does anybody quite enjoy it when they see the media and pundits tipping us to go straight back down? I actually think it's a good thing for the side and CWAK to put up on the wall and remind the players. I think it works in our favour. I really do. It's better than being tipped to do well and then ultimately flopping.

Last season the BBC had us finishing in 10th and Norwich in 11th. Talksport had us in 7th and Norwich in 18th! Both thought Boro would go up in automatic. They're clueless really.

My prediction is that Wilder will cause a real stir next season and gets loads of attention.
We’ll become almost fashionable and respected as a good footballing side next season.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Adrian Durham on Talksport asks the question “Should Wilder be the next England manager”?
He’ll then go on about like for like Wilder is a better manager then Guardiola and Klopp.

32 points ??!!!????
I'm not having that, we'll get at least 46 and still manage to go down with a record number of points and a plus goal difference

Although we finished above Manchester United, little used rule 29.3.1 paragraph B is invoked to keep them up, as obviously it wouldn't be 'fair on their fans'.

Staying up would be a bitter/sweet success
Wilder's achievements in keeping us up will be viewed on a similar level as turning water into wine. I mean what other miracle comes close.
Then he's probably gone, happy that he's taken scruffy old us as far as he can, and off to test himself at a club that's looking to compete higher up the League. Maybe Everton, Leicester or West Ham if they don't perform quite as well as their owners would like

Are the media all Wendyites ? Sounds like it to me, we've heard it all before in fact every summer since Wilder took charge. Let's prove them all wrong again.
i dont' think Paddy Power are. One of them has to be a Blade. the stuff they dish out on the pigs is brutal :D

This line says it all:- "We then simulate the random events that could occur during a season - such as injuries and player transfers - to give us even more accurate predictions".

How can random events be simulated? How does that make it more accurate?
If those simulated events don't happen then you will get a different outcome.
Run the simulation 100 times and you will get 100 different speculative outcomes but they are only presenting one.
heh. they think we're all thicko northerners and they can wheel out 'ooh artificial intelligence' not knowing some of us might have actually studied it to post graduate level. and another thing. they didn't factor in the points deduction for smoking behind the kop ;)

Roygbiv you could do an absolutely mammoth View From at the end of the season if you collect even a small amount of all the predictions from media and fans alike about our impending relegation and being hopelessly out of our depth. I trust you're well on with it!

Yeah , Im very much on this 🧐 👀 👀 🤐 🤫 🤫 ;)

If I'm honest I'm sick to back teeth of all predictions about us, most don't even know where BDTBL is. I don't know why but I have a nagging suspicion we will actually finish in top twelve, but nearer 12 than top if that makes sense.

This pre most recent spending from our long-standing friends in Malta...

“Sheffield United will probably start the season with one of the weaker squads, and most will consider them relegation favourites. On the other hand, their impressive team harmony, Chris Wilder’s managerial know-how and shrewd recruitment skills, one would back the Blades to survive their first Premier League season in 12 years.”

Back
Top Bottom