Fiddling away in High Court while our Premier League chances burn.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But the thread title was reactionary impatient nonsense. Our Premier League chances did not burn while the court case was ongoing – in fact its had no noticeable impact whatsoever, and as Wilder always maintained our transfer business pressed on regardless. We’ve done the vast majority of our business quicker than last year, with a greater number recruited with us spending more than any previous transfer window in the history of the club. Any we’re not even done yet.

It’s a SHARK ATTACK!

But the thread title was reactionary impatient nonsense. Our Premier League chances did not burn while the court case was ongoing – in fact its had no noticeable impact whatsoever, and as Wilder always maintained our transfer business pressed on regardless. We’ve done the vast majority of our business quicker than last year, with a greater number recruited with us spending more than any previous transfer window in the history of the club. Any we’re not even done yet.

It was an interesting debate and still is.

Your entire post was based on the false premise of there only being £20m to spend and ended in an accusatory question to the two owners ‘where’s the money gone?’ I didn’t find it particularly interesting in the first place and now that your hypothesis has been disproved the thread should be allowed to fade into oblivion.

Your entire post was based on the false premise of there only being £20m to spend and ended in an accusatory question to the two owners ‘where’s the money gone?’ I didn’t find it particularly interesting in the first place and now that your hypothesis has been disproved the thread should be allowed to fade into oblivion.
Some folk's senses just cannot be filled, no matter the evidence writ large.

Yesterday's at times superb entertainment was proof positive that whatever the boardroom shennanegans, they have not affected one iota, Chris's ability to add real quality signings. So we must give a nod to Kev and the Prince for backing him. The 20 mill figure was clearly nonsense having already exceeded it and getting closer to 42 should the McBurnie deal happen.

If some of our "fans" find more reason to moan than praise, they must be dead from the neck up. Or just miserable chuffs. ;)

Giyor werryin n get thi senses filled. We are in for yet another treat cos this train just keeps on steaming ahead.

Yesterday's at times superb entertainment was proof positive that whatever the boardroom shennanegans, they have not affected one iota, Chris's ability to add real quality signings. So we must give a nod to Kev and the Prince for backing him. The 20 mill figure was clearly nonsense having already exceeded it and getting closer to 42 should the McBurnie deal happen.

If some of our "fans" find more reason to moan than praise, they must be dead from the neck up. Or just miserable chuffs. ;)

Giyor werryin n get thi senses filled. We are in for yet another treat cos this train just keeps on steaming ahead.
I’ve said it on numerous occasions; there are enough things to genuinely criticise both owners for without having to make stuff up. They’ll probably be a few dark days this season when we have real cause to be concerned, save the worrying for then. Just enjoy the pre season and see what happens.

If United spend £40m net of sales and buy as well as we have then we will compete very strongly and I will have been fussing unnecessarily.We've done well up to now but the job is not done yet.

• Haha
Reactions: FYT
Total mis-quote Silent, not like you, bit beneath you really.

My thread spiced up a very quiet time on General Blades Chat and it was in context of the dynamics of the cash flow, the transfer window and the selfishness of the owners at such a critical time in the club's history.

I quoted rumours of a £20m budget and said it needed to be at least twice that. I never said there was no transfer activity, just not enough.

Nobody is more delighted than me at progress to date with somewhere between £20m and £30m spent in transfer fees, probably £25m or so. The quality of the players imported for that sum of money is remarkable. Compared to Mings for £20m look what we get.

We still need that target man striker and maybe a holding midfielder/ centre back.

By the end of the transfer window I hope we haven't sold a key player and do get the above players. If we do then the squabbling owners will have done their bit at an awkward time. Such spending is within Wilder's comfort zone too. I'm glad we are not doing a 'Villa'.

Wilder talked yesterday of a couple more 'bits of business'. Bring it on.
You mean you jumped to an ignorant and incorrect conclusion based on rumour and conjecture and used it as a way of spreading general negativity?

Throwing out fake news and then watching it burn isn’t interesting unless you’re desperate for attention. I rather debate things that least have some basis in truth. This isn’t a service you’ve provided for the benefit of anyone but yourself.

But the thread title was reactionary impatient nonsense. Our Premier League chances did not burn while the court case was ongoing – in fact its had no noticeable impact whatsoever, and as Wilder always maintained our transfer business pressed on regardless. We’ve done the vast majority of our business quicker than last year, with a greater number recruited with us spending more than any previous transfer window in the history of the club. And we’re not even done yet.
NO !

It was a quality thread with merit.

It’s another SHARK ATTACK!

And another!

You're not related by any chance
to Rudolf Hess?

That one’s definitely a SHAMELESS shark attack!

You mean you jumped to an ignorant and incorrect conclusion based on rumour and conjecture and used it as a way of spreading general negativity?
Throwing out fake news and then watching it burn isn’t interesting unless you’re desperate for attention. I rather debate things that least have some basis in truth. This isn’t a service you’ve provided for the benefit of anyone but yourself.

So’s that one!

NO !

It was a quality thread with merit.

And again, ffs!

I’d advise a long hard look in the mirror, gentlemen. These are NOT quality posts.
:shark:

It’s another SHARK ATTACK!

And another!

That one’s definitely a SHAMELESS shark attack!

So’s that one!

And again, ffs!

I’d advise a long hard look in the mirror, gentlemen. These are NOT quality posts.
:shark:

:shark::shark::shark::shark::shark::shark::shark::shark::shark::shark::shark::shark:

“My whole point is that the business will not get done in time and enough cash will not get spent before the Transfer Window shuts in August.”

If we do spend £40m net by 9th August then I will concede publicly that I was worrying unnecessarily back in June.

What's wrong with stating one's concerns on a Fans' Forum anyway? I know I have been right often in the past with unpopular views too but I honestly don't expect to be right on here even 75% of the time, because I try to stimulate debate. I'm big enough a person to stick my neck out and communicate on a social media forum. I'm not investing in my pseudonym as a valued priority that's for sure. I could list topics of mine which would always bring a big reaction but nevertheless moved on the debate. The Billy Sharp thread recently revived from 2014 is an example, almost total wipe out on that one:).

Villa have spent over £100m but I always acknowledged Wilder has a different approach which would make such drastic, Fulham-like expenditure counter-productive.

We stand around the £25m mark and haven't sold anybody yet. It is possible we will sell Baldock if we get an offer we can't refuse so do keep your powder dry Blades. It's not run it's course yet.

I was particularly worried we might not be able to afford the striking 4-man attack that Wilder wants and we haven't got there yet. I stated wages would always be an issue even with Championship players moving up a level. Why should McBurnie accept SUFC wages? Well he has to give a lot away to be part of our journey and he'd get more elsewhere maybe. Does anybody think we are offering anywhere near Villa wages? McBurnie and his agent might well be thinking a Villa or a Brighton might just come along with big money and before deciding to move he will bide his time. It's obvious the club, him and his agent are not snapping our hand off. As Wilder says ' We stick to our priinciples, keep patient and wait for it to happen. That's what we do '. Who will blink first? We probably don't have a budget to compete with players right there in the P.L. frame. Hull are demanding £20m for Bowen; what wages does he expect as a £20m signing at a club as big as Newcastle.

My thread expressed my worries and despite all the current elation we stand at around £25m to date. I never said £20m was set in stone, I said it was rumoured. With all the background noise in court it still seems obvious to me that our manager's spending is limited compared to what it should be if we had continuity in the Board Room. For SUFC we are functioning well beyond our wildest dreams level almost month by month - but it has to be relative to the future, not the past.

“My whole point is that the business will not get done in time and enough cash will not get spent before the Transfer Window shuts in August.”

So that any reader may put that in the context it was written, read my post above.

Just have a glance at my post 316 and comment again Flatulent. I'd appreciate that.

I have a follow-up comment when you do give a considered view.

So that any reader may put that in the context it was written, read my post above.

“Will not” x 2.

That’s a claim. Are you pretending there’s “context” to try and reverse out of the position you took? (Which you now changed to “would’ve spent more if not for the court case”.).

If we sign, for example, McBurnie, we are likely heading towards £40m. So now you start quoting NET. Again you’ve changed your own goalposts.

Please note, my comments are on topic and relevant to your posts. There are no insults, or mickey takingso no need to call in the moderators or reference sharks or mirrors. Then there’s a possibility of the debate you say you crave.

There are no insults, or mickey takingso no need to call in the moderators or reference sharks or mirrors

No spacing between 'mickey' and 'so' though.

I find this spacist and highly offensive. As Foxy and Linz don't have enough to do, I will definitely be reporting this.

A long stretch in the gulag for Sean Thornton on the horizon.

“Will not” x 2.

That’s a claim. Are you pretending there’s “context” to try and reverse out of the position you took? (Which you now changed to “would’ve spent more if not for the court case”.).

If we sign, for example, McBurnie, we are likely heading towards £40m. So now you start quoting NET. Again you’ve changed your own goalposts.

Please note, my comments are on topic and relevant to your posts. There are no insults, or mickey takingso no need to call in the moderators or reference sharks or mirrors. Then there’s a possibility of the debate you say you crave.

Any budget includes ins and outs and a net amount as you well know as an ex-accountant. Basic.

That’s a shark attack.

As is that.

Just have a glance at my post 316 and comment again Flatulent. I'd appreciate that.

I have a follow-up comment when you do give a considered view.

So, his initial response wasn’t “considered”? Why not?

Does Flatulent_Bob have to take notes and will he be tested on post 316?
Can't wait......

SHARK ATTACK!!!

“Will not” x 2.

SHARK ATTACK!!!!!!!

No spacing between 'mickey' and 'so' though.

I find this spacist and highly offensive. As Foxy and Linz don't have enough to do, I will definitely be reporting this.

A long stretch in the gulag for Sean Thornton on the horizon.

The spacing error is actually between “taking” and “so”.

Poor show fellow blade and beneath you. Surprised you didn’t add a cartoon....

as you well know as an ex-accountant

Folklore has it that Sean Thornton was kicked out of the Brownies for not keeping the paper clip reconciliation up to date...

You know the movies where the grizzled wrongly sacked ex- cop comes back to see off the baddies? Well, Lieutenant Thornton is sobering up and looking in the trunk for his Magnum.

Any budget includes ins and outs and a net amount as you well know as an ex-accountant. Basic.

Ex accountant? Do you ever get anything right?

Feel free to trace out where I said that but fail to post it.

Proves you can’t debate when you’ve backed yourself into a corner. Your original figure was £20m Now that’s been achieved you want £40m but knowing McBurnie achieves that you want net. Shouldnt you have reduced the £20m by any incomings, even though that makes your initial opinion even more wide of the mark?

I’ll leave others to laugh at your reverse ferret.

And don’t bother PMing me.

Folklore has it that Sean Thornton was kicked out of the Brownies for not keeping the paper clip reconciliation up to date...

You know the movies where the grizzled wrongly sacked ex- cop comes back to see off the baddies? Well, Lieutenant Thornton is sobering up and looking in the trunk for his Magnum.

Guess who I’m hoping is just one day from retirement?

Back
Top Bottom