Transfer Budget

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Listening to talksport last night I heard Simon Jordan talking despite him being a tanned nob he occasionally provides useful information and he stated that the average premier league player gets paid 82k per week I appreciate it's an average but that's 4 times what we are currently paying approx
That is scary!!
You only need a few teams paying the majority of their players 200-400k a week and it really bumps their average up.

Since we keep looking at Cardiff as a measuring stick from last season, I wonder what their wage structure was like?

Listening to talksport last night I heard Simon Jordan talking despite him being a tanned nob he occasionally provides useful information and he stated that the average premier league player gets paid 82k per week I appreciate it's an average but that's 4 times what we are currently paying approx
That’s heavily skewed by the wages paid by the bigger clubs. Clubs like Brighton are more likely to pay £30-40k.

Why don't you quote these naysayers ?
Worse thing about getting promoted to the big time is having to put up with trolls like you who will be dining off us not spending hundreds of millions for a decade wether we stay up or not

I've said it no end of times, I don't care how much we spend and how much we don't spend.
It's just that every single time a player is mentioned some 1960's fuckwit talks about the money, the money that WE HAVE NOW GOT by the way.

We're all clever enough to know that we won't be after Messi or Mbappe, but players currently plying their trade in the Championship should not be beyond us, after all we couldn't stop ANYBODY from leaving when a higher placed club came in for them.
The backward nature of our fans is absolutely incredible, some of them haven't got a single ounce of ambition between them

I've said it no end of times, I don't care how much we spend and how much we don't spend.
It's just that every single time a player is mentioned some 1960's fuckwit talks about the money, the money that WE HAVE NOW GOT by the way.

We're all clever enough to know that we won't be after Messi or Mbappe, but players currently plying their trade in the Championship should not be beyond us, after all we couldn't stop ANYBODY from leaving when a higher placed club came in for them.
The backward nature of our fans is absolutely incredible, some of them haven't got a single ounce of ambition between them
You don't care but yet you post about it endlessly
If you think some of our fans are backward then quote them and debate it with them
Most of the posters who think our budget will be low give sound logical reasons why they think so and not just some mardy arse rant at the moon

You don't care but yet you post about it endlessly
If you think some of our fans are backward then quote them and debate it with them
Most of the posters who think our budget will be low give sound logical reasons why they think so and not just some mardy arse rant at the moon

The messages are there under every player suggestion, I'm not singling a certain post out and rehashing the same argument with every single person.
I don't care how much we spend, I've said it often enough. We can go into this season with what we've got for all I care.

But people jumping all over a signing suggestion shows what an absolute lack of ambition so many of our fans have. It's not like any unrealistic signings have been mentioned, but it's still too much for them to contemplate.

His budget been officially communicated as only 13m whereas he'll be given closer to 197.5m to ensure we're not bummed by other clubs during negotiation stages.

There's also been a healthy back up fax machine budget rumoured in the 4 figure category!

out of interest, could it have been your dad I sat next to during the Stoke City beam back?

It's not about being unambitious it's about being reaslistic.
We're Sheffield United we do things on the cheap regardless of how much cash we get for being in the premier league!
Some are going to very disappointed that we don't spend 50 million on new players.

Not one person has made a single "ridiculous" suggestion about signings, but still the naysayers cant help themselves when it comes to anything over £500,000

It's as simple as this, buy the players we need, pay them the going rate that will stop Championship clubs outfucking bidding us, or end up going down, one season or another we will go down if we don't spend big to improve the team.
Can't agree with this more.
My suggestion of Mitrovic (early doors) sparked the most outrage and I've explained how we do it (I said split payments over 3 years while we were getting Prem money/included wage cuts for relegation so we had that money) but no that has to be wrong. But people will happily suggest McBurnie (Not disputing here whether he'd be good or bad) whose fee will probably be 20 million. So as near a guaranteed goalscorer (Mitrovic) over a maybe. Other arguments, 'he's out of our league- list of clubs after him', only interest so far Southampton. I don't know about anybody else but we really need to be above these (and Brighton) next season to have a decent chance of staying up.

Can't agree with this more.
My suggestion of Mitrovic (early doors) sparked the most outrage and I've explained how we do it (I said split payments over 3 years while we were getting Prem money/included wage cuts for relegation so we had that money) but no that has to be wrong. But people will happily suggest McBurnie (Not disputing here whether he'd be good or bad) whose fee will probably be 20 million. So as near a guaranteed goalscorer (Mitrovic) over a maybe. Other arguments, 'he's out of our league- list of clubs after him', only interest so far Southampton. I don't know about anybody else but we really need to be above these (and Brighton) next season to have a decent chance of staying up.
As much as I agree Mitriovic is the type of player we need, he's just out of our range, he'll be on 50k a week plus

My ambition is that my club is still there 10 years down the line.

And mine is for it to be better over the next 10 years than it has been for the last 90
The only way to do that is for a certain amount of risk to be taken. Every successful company in every field has got the right management team in and taken risks to give itself the best chance of success.
Every individual takes a certain amount of risk every day with their pension funds, property and investments, it's the only way to create wealth and a better standard of living, as long as it's controlled and reasonable risk there isn't a problem. Individuals and companies that sit on the fence and watch whilst others take the opportunities are the ones that struggle, just like United have for decades.

We have the right management team in now so any risk is minimised even further, no player will play for us unless he is chomping at the bit to do so regardless of cost.

We'll never challenge Man City or Man Utd, but if we can't challenge Watford, Brighton, Norwich, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Burnley and half of the Championship as well we might as well give up and settle for Championship and League One existence for eternity.

And mine is for it to be better over the next 10 years than it has been for the last 90
The only way to do that is for a certain amount of risk to be taken. Every successful company in every field has got the right management team in and taken risks to give itself the best chance of success.
Every individual takes a certain amount of risk every day with their pension funds, property and investments, it's the only way to create wealth and a better standard of living, as long as it's controlled and reasonable risk there isn't a problem. Individuals and companies that sit on the fence and watch whilst others take the opportunities are the ones that struggle, just like United have for decades.

We have the right management team in now so any risk is minimised even further, no player will play for us unless he is chomping at the bit to do so regardless of cost.

We'll never challenge Man City or Man Utd, but if we can't challenge Watford, Brighton, Norwich, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Burnley and half of the Championship as well we might as well give up and settle for Championship and League One existence for eternity.
Hate to say but at the moment we can't compete in the transfer market with any of those sides.

As much as I agree Mitriovic is the type of player we need, he's just out of our range, he'll be on 50k a week plus
I think that's affordable even if as suggested elsewhere, we'd have to match other players wages to this. Like it or not we are going to have to increase the wage bill to minimum 40m/y possibly much more (it was 19m before last season, which I must admit I found shocking).

Hate to say but at the moment we can't compete in the transfer market with any of those sides.

We don't need to, They'll be busy trying to find their targets from abroad with exotic sounding names (obviously good players)
We need to compete on the pitch with them, and improvements are needed if we are going to do so

I think that's affordable even if as suggested elsewhere, we'd have to match other players wages to this. Like it or not we are going to have to increase the wage bill to minimum 40m/y possibly much more (it was 19m before last season, which I must admit I found shocking).
We're not going to be paying 50k a week for anybody, never going to happen I'm afraid.

You’re just jealous.
Check out AstonBlade1’s posting history and you’ll see he’s a pig fan.
Enjoy your time in the Championship, loser.

You’re just jealous.
Check out AstonBlade1’s posting history and you’ll see he’s a pig fan.
Enjoy your time in the Championship, loser.
Not a pig fan by any stretch of imagination just a realist!

The messages are there under every player suggestion, I'm not singling a certain post out and rehashing the same argument with every single person.
I don't care how much we spend, I've said it often enough. We can go into this season with what we've got for all I care.

But people jumping all over a signing suggestion shows what an absolute lack of ambition so many of our fans have. It's not like any unrealistic signings have been mentioned, but it's still too much for them to contemplate.
To be fair, if I was booking a holiday or having a meal out, I wouldn't care about how much of YOUR money I would spend either :)

In January 2018 transfer window,we enquired about Mitriovic,and the possibility of taking him on loan.His weekly wage at Newcastle was 82k a week,since then he has been transferred to Fulham,so I would hazard a guess that he is close to the 100k a week mark.
We didn’t take the matter any further surprisingly.

To be fair, if I was booking a holiday or having a meal out, I wouldn't care about how much of YOUR money I would spend either :)

Sky TV will fund our signings, along with all other income streams, including what the fans contribute.

We won't spend anywhere close to what comes in so there's not going to be any shortfall for our owners to cover.

And if somebody gave me £150 million I wouldn't get my arse in a twist over a holiday or a restaurant bill either

All this speculation and nobody knows what will happen, especially with all the mudslinging at the moment. The safest bet is that the club will just continue with its usually transfer policy

Once again Topplayersleave comes in with his entirely black and white world view.

I am not unambitious, but also I am not a cretin.

I don't think we are necessarily tight by nature, but as a club, as Wilder has stated recently, we have in the recent past given up too much control to agents and players signed by managers who hadn't a fucking clue.

A situation that by the looks of the court case, could have actually sent us into administration at one point.

We've turned it around now, took a few on the chin and had to pay off some contracts but it would be stupid to turn away from our current recruitment/wage policy entirely and start employing toxic high earners who are made of biscuits/ on their way down.

Reward players when they deserve it, look after them financially because they earn it, never make them feel like they don't have to work for a living as a Sheffield United player.

That's not to say we can't spend money, I think we'll spend a fair bit, but it'll be the correct signings from the grey area, ambitious but sensibly so.

Sensible, balanced post Tom. They're getting quite rare on here at the moment.

Once again Topplayersleave comes in with his entirely black and white world view.

I don't think we are necessarily tight by nature, but as a club, as Wilder has stated recently, we have in the recent past given up too much control to agents and players signed by managers who hadn't a fucking clue.

A situation that by the looks of the court case, could have actually sent us into administration at one point.

We've turned it around now, took a few on the chin and had to pay off some contracts but it would be stupid to turn away from our current recruitment/wage policy entirely and start employing toxic high earners who are made of biscuits/ on their way down.

Reward players when they deserve it, look after them financially because they earn it, never make them feel like they don't have to work for a living as a Sheffield United player.

That's not to say we can't spend money, I think we'll spend a fair bit, but it'll be the correct signings from the grey area, ambitious but sensibly so.
The Pig clearly wants us to go down the same disastrous route his team did,throw money at it,and dam the consequences,they had Clueless Carlos leading their vain attempt at promotion,we have Chris Wilder,it’s easy to see why he is hurting so much.

ie the Burnley way.

Sean Dyche is a manager often referred to by our manager in glowing terms,along with Eddie Howe,oh and that bloke at Spurs,who he seems to have a man crush on.
Burnley are definitely a club we should look at as a blue print.

All those managers you list have done things sensibly and can see why Wilder would be looking at those .

Back
Top Bottom