Scott Hogan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He was really good today, drove at the defenders and always looked a threat. He's also quicker than anyone else in the squad by an effing mile.

Chuffed to bits for him that he got the goal, and what a lovely goal it was too.

Not sure if he would be good enough for the step up, but based on today he doesn't look a million miles off, so will let the gaffer decide on that one.

Glad he scored today if he's not here next season hope that gets his career back on track. Outstanding performance

Aside from his goal I thought he had a tricky afternoon trying to stay onside and he wasted a few decent chances.

Good player but we sadly need to be parting ways with him for the prem I think.

Villa will be wanting at least £8m+ that they paid for him so I think he won't be here come next season

Don’t wish to sound negative but we was distinctly average today. Didn’t hold it up, got a couple of runs at defenders but did little with it.

Nice goal he scored, but that was it I thought. Don’t doubt his effort but you can tell he’s barely played this season.

In his defence he isn't really a hold up type of striker, yes you could legitimately argue that every striker should be able to do this but his strength is running off the shoulder and using his pace.

All academic anyway, he was brought in to strengthen the promotion push and with today's goal, and arguably some of his other performances [Reading at home springs to mind] he has done enough to help us over the line.

Wasn't today he was always 1-2m offside every time we slide a ball through to him.
I have to agree ,he starts his run from.behind the last man and a lot of his Interplay is too hurried but if wilder wanted him and thought he could mould him I wouldn't complain

In his defence he isn't really a hold up type of striker, yes you could legitimately argue that every striker should be able to do this but his strength is running off the shoulder and using his pace.

All academic anyway, he was brought in to strengthen the promotion push and with today's goal, and arguably some of his other performances [Reading at home springs to mind] he has done enough to help us over the line.

That’s a fair point. I guess it’d be more accurate to say he gave it away a bit.

But yes, he was brought in to give us something different and he’s scored a crucial goal today.

Odd one really. Could be a very talented player, but I wonder how much he’d cost.

Not sure if he would be good enough for the step up, but based on today he doesn't look a million miles off, so will let the gaffer decide on that one.

I fully agree.

Billy Sharp was not good enough for the Championship, we should have signed Martyn Waghorn for £ 8 million.

One has scored 8 goals and one has scored 24.

Does spending money show ambition or provide success ?

Fulham spent £ 100 million on players after promotion last season, that has worked out well for them - not.

I'll let professional managers like CW/AK decide who is good enough for our team, and forum 'professionals' decide who they think we should sign.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom