Could WBA replace West Ham as the villian

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Salopian Blade

Reaction score
I refer to the Carlos Tevez affair that denied our right to stay in the premiership.I am drawing an analogy with Dwight Gale who dived in the match against Nottingham Forrest and as a result from the misguided penalty gained WBA a point to which they are not entitled.
I have a dreadful feeling that knowing our luck that point could deprive us of promotion..
Anyone else considered this matter?

Hardly the same.

Then again we missed 3 penalties in the Prem. Scoring just one of those would have kept us up.

Then again we had as many dodgy refereeing decisions in a season that I can remember.

Then again Neil Warnock......etc etc

Might be the 2 points we dropped against Villa that are more likely to come back and bite us.

Yeah, it'll be 2 points behind WBA in 2nd and we can look back fondly at Villa, Gayle's late dive and Rodriguez's late handball (and whatever other shit happens).

United fans have never had a problem with Tevez. If the OP does, does he/she also have a problem with Mascherano too? Both players were played illegally, so why only pick on Tevez?. I've only ever heard Wednesday and West Ham fans claim we've got a problem with Tevez. Very strange.
If Gayle cheated, he was cheating during the match - it was the referees decision that determined the outcome. Tevez and Mascherano shouldn't have been on the pitch, and a mandatory points deduction should have been imposed in line with previous precedent. The comparison is pointless.

I refer to the Carlos Tevez affair that denied our right to stay in the premiership.I am drawing an analogy with Dwight Gale who dived in the match against Nottingham Forrest and as a result from the misguided penalty gained WBA a point to which they are not entitled.
I have a dreadful feeling that knowing our luck that point could deprive us of promotion..
Anyone else considered this matter?

It only potentially becomes an issue if it’s the final match of the season.

There’s plenty of matches to go and no way of telling how it effects teams.
It might put added pressure on West Brom or make them feel over confident because of the extra point gained.
The Gayle cheating might make WBA’s rivals more determine and perform better than they would have before Gayles dive.
It’s possible the Gayle dive might prove to have cost West Brom promotion and prove to be a disadvantage, who knows?

Looking at OP's posting history I doubt we are talking pork, the posts are a bit random and it looks as if he/she's well into their 70's might need to go a bit gentle here.
Noted.

Shouldn’t of counted as a goal because Sharp impeded the goal keeper.

You need anymore information just let me know.
Fanny magnet was making a point about grammar. Shouldn't have, rather than shouldn't of, would have been correct.

If you need any more information just let me know.

Thanks for your interesting comments.I note the points made.
I can assure you all I am a true BLADE.I am impressed by Paulus observation.I am indeed in my seventies and started supporting the blades in 1956.I live in Shropshire and now days when our matches are not on tv have to put up with quite often poor commentaries on ifollow with the rambling Keith Edwards and co.

Should of, should have...... pffft who cares really?? I was making a point about football not grammar. Quite pathetic really.
I don't care in the slightest. The English language has always evolved and a bit of grammar pedantry has probably always existed. You are who your are, and you speak/write how you do. It's all fine

No.

Prem relegation was our own fault given the Wigan game.

This season is also curremtly in our own hands.

What will be will be. They'll be ups and downs. You can't just focus on one incident. There's already been enough incidents which were our own undoing.

We're to blame. No one else.

Some of our fans really need to let go of this victim mentality.

Stop expecting there to be a 'villain' to conveniently blame if we don't succeed. Football is a messy game, with plenty of injustice and bad decisions but these things happen and the best teams rise above them and succeed regardless.

You can be sure Wilder doesnt think in this way. He just gets on with it, which is why we are where we are.

Back
Top Bottom