James Wilson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His parent club are arguably the biggest in world football, of course he wants to get in their squad. I'd question his motivation and desire if he'd given up on that dream already to be honest.

Luckily for us, for him to push into that billion pound team he's going to have to rip this championship a new one and how can that not be a positive?

His parent club are arguably the biggest in world football, of course he wants to get in their squad. I'd question his motivation and desire if he'd given up on that dream already to be honest.

Luckily for us, for him to push into that billion pound team he's going to have to rip this championship a new one and how can that not be a positive?

If he had a realistic chance of playing for Man U, I think he'd be on loan in the premiership. Chelsea loaned Lukaku to prem teams and he did very well in those spells, but they still didn't want him at the end...

It's the same logic as the coady loan. He's surplus to requirements at his parent club & they are placing him in the shop window. I would suspect that this level is his current level. 20 championship games and 10 goals under belt gives him a value that u23 football doesn't.

He wants to shut the fuck up about Man U whilst he’s here , getting on my nerves already

I understand your point - I hate Man U as much as anyone, but I've no issue with him saying that he wants to get into their team. Put it the other way round, isn't it exactly what we would want the players we'd loaned out to say about us?

Read a Man Utd blog saying he was the best finisher at the club but had lost his cutting edge due to bad injuries, looks like his sparkle is returning at BDTBL.

Quality signing this lad, he'll bag a fair few.

Can't be right. Read a comment on here after he made his derby debut last week calling him a "Manchester no-mark".

Well we all know who ARE the biggest club in the world

I'd forgotten about Notman & just looked him up. Came with a good reputation as a striker, 3 in 10 for us, went to Norwich for £250k, where he scored 1 in 54 and retired through injury at 23 without any insurance pay out due to a mess up.

I'd forgotten about Notman & just looked him up. Came with a good reputation as a striker, 3 in 10 for us, went to Norwich for £250k, where he scored 1 in 54 and retired through injury at 23 without any insurance pay out due to a mess up.
He was awful for us it just as his loan spell wad coming to an end he started to look a real player

Then he went

First spell of first team football in over a year since he did his knee ligaments.

He’s already scored a goal to gain us a win in a 1 goal margin game. Without his goal in simplistic terms we’d have drawn.

He can’t do much more, give him a break.

And before my lad comes on here, I did think out loud after the derby match that I didn't think Wilson added anything to our squad... Very nice poacher's goal yesterday, and we've been a bit short of those the last few weeks.

Got that shot on target in a flash. Had a bit of good fortune but that's what happens when you surprise the opposition defenders. Quality poacher's goal.
Your comment on goal-poaching appeared while I was writing the same. Great minds and all that... Or perhaps old minds and all that...

Was Wilson the one who was ahead of Rashford in the youth team but got injured so Rashford took his place on the bench on the day the first team player got injured in the warm up, so Rashford got a chance and had a blinder?

Was Wilson the one who was ahead of Rashford in the youth team but got injured so Rashford took his place on the bench on the day the first team player got injured in the warm up, so Rashford got a chance and had a blinder?

Yes he was, the Man Utd fans rated him higher than Rashford.
He was ripping it up in some reserve games and many said he was the best natural finisher since Olle Gunnar Solksjaer
But whenever he’s made the 1st team, his performances have been underwhelming.
Had a massive reputation but he’s in danger of falling by the wayside, so he still has a lot to prove.

Is it just me? But loan signings just don’t hold the same place in my heart. Every time he scores he’ll be described as “Man Utd loanee” James Wilson.
But good luck to the lad anyway.
But the goal will be on the Sheffield United score sheet :)

Back
Top Bottom