Bolton v Sheffield United - 12/09/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Massive test this, more so than any other game this season. If we can win with a changed side then it will be huge thumbs up for the rest of the season.

So our fans can't get the last train.

One of our fans farted in carriage A on the train up to Boro at the weekend. As a consequence and in the interests of crowd safety, the Safety Advisory Group have altered the kick off time and reduced our allocation at Hillsborough.

Baldock looked great against Leicester, Lafferty is solid defensively and has played plenty for us and CCV is highly rated, these changes don't worry me that much.

I have liked Lafferty in the past, but following his last appearance as part of the 3/5/2 he is the only worry for me. I can even accept the gamble of the Bash being left out for a CCV experiment. Calculated risk Chris, hope it doesn't backfire as it did on one occasion last year.

Surprised by the number of changes. Changing 3 at the back is a bit drastic/worrying unless there are firness/injury concerns. We're maybe changing to counter Bolton?

Now broadcasting RS commentary in bladeschat tinychatroom

I

3 out of the 5 defenders replaced does seem a lot especially when they're fit enough to be on the bench.

But, in Chris we trust. it might be something to do with what we're facing tonight.

We don't play with 5 defenders, we play with 3. We've made 1 change to the defence.

Surprised by the number of changes. Changing 3 at the back is a bit drastic/worrying unless there are firness/injury concerns. We're maybe changing to counter Bolton?

It's a squad game. Freeman and Stevens did a bunch of running as our system requires, I wouldn't want them to play three games in eight days

We'll blade this up and lose. Hope I'm wrong but bet I'm right

We don't play with 5 defenders, we play with 3. We've made 1 change to the defence.
The wing backs are as much a part of the overall defensive structure are they are the attacking wide midfield, that's why they're called wing backs and not wingers. IMO of course.

Owt happened? Been tying to work ifollow.

Decent finish from CCV and nearly had a second. He's looked good on the ball, won some good headers but once or twice you could tell it was his first league start - he looks promising tho, think once he grows in confidence he'll start some trademark basham surges forward.

Not too many clear cut chances so far - we are playing some ok stuff but Bolton were energetic for the first 30 mins or so.

i had confidence in us. tonight because 4 changes look drastic & as others have said its 3 games in 8 days v 2 very recent PL Teams sunderland & norwich so rotation is key partically at wing back. but defensive replacement was Carter-victors we all know that spurs academy is quality, baldock was 1 of highly regarded players in league 1 last season & lafferty regular in team that won the title

Scrappy half to be honest. Very little in terms of chances for either side. When we get it on the deck and play our usual game we look neat and tidy and stretch them, but too often midfield has been bypassed due to their non-football. Sharp & Clarke have had a quiet half. Bolton look awful.

Decent finish from CCV – nice turn, and finished off the post/bar. Should have probably made it 2-0 with a left-footed shot from Fleck's free-kick. I'd like to see Brooks on – they look sluggish at the back, and I think he'd have a productive time against this lot.

As well as scoring CCV has won every header against the twat. Got a good touch and good pass. Still early but lots and lots of potential.

I
Twice the player.
I meant more in his impact and goal scoring ability for a centre back. Not seen him play yet so cant comment on his ability. The fact he's at Spurs suggests you are right.

Up to 3rd in the 'As It Stands', table..

As John Motson might say 'This is getting better and better.'

Scrappy half to be honest. Very little in terms of chances for either side. When we get it on the deck and play our usual game we look neat and tidy and stretch them, but too often midfield has been bypassed due to their non-football. Sharp & Clarke have had a quiet half. Bolton look awful.

Decent finish from CCV – nice turn, and finished off the post/bar. Should have probably made it 2-0 with a left-footed shot from Fleck's free-kick. I'd like to see Brooks on – they look sluggish at the back, and I think he'd have a productive time against this lot.

100%. They looked to break or getting it forward quickly. We've tried to pass it round but not really got much change in their box - you could tell why they had such a good defensive record last year. Cant remember billy getting a touch within 25 yards of their goal

Strikes me as a game for a Brooks or a Caruthers type to come on and add abit of spark.

Back
Top Bottom