Cardiff City v. Sheffield United - 15/08/17

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some perspective really is needed. No one likes losing but we should have 4 points after 3 games this season. If we had the 4 which we should have then that would be a very good start to the season when it includes 2 away games and one at the league favourites.

There is no need to panic at all. The squad isn't finished yet and Wilder is looking for reinforcements so just hold your nerve for a while. There are weaknesses in the team and Wilder is trying to resolve them.

Not a prayer will Cardiff be top 2 at the end of season

Please do elaborate how you are so confident a team with 3 wins out of 3 without conceding a goal are no where near good enough to reach top two

Look at the last 20 minutes of that game if we can play like that for 20 mins against a side like Cardiff then we can take the positives out of that and build on it ched and brooks putting in some strong cases for starting places bring on saturday

Time for CW to get the crate in on the way home again.

Chins up blades, two home games & 4 points, all will be good again.

Warnock working his magic again turning a team looking like being relegated into serious promotion contenders

Brooks for carruthers and if fit enough ched for either Clarke or sharp on Saturday.

Brooks looks awesome when he came on. Every time he got the ball it looked like something was going to happen.

I am interested to see them both from the start. Maybe coming on trailing against a team who have sat deeper towards the end is flattering them a little.

Would start Ched and Brookes on Saturday.
Should be interesting Saturday,Barnsly have won tonight so that sets things up for Saturday :#

Very disappointing with the performance, I'm sure someone will come on with player points out of ten but I thought Clark won nothing all night and the midfield.... naa let's not pull anyone down tonight, let's sleep on it. but it was pretty poor and it has to be said!

Would start Ched and Brookes on Saturday.

I dunno. In my eyes, Christopher's managing them well.

They'll both of them play a big part this season (assuming Brooks isn't sold) - best ease them in. Need to avoid Evans breaking down, & avoid expectations of Brooks getting silly & having too much pressure put on his shoulders. Also need also to keep general confidence levels up - especially given that there's not a lot wrong.

Barnsley's hardly "must win", but it'll clearly give us a more realistic idea of where we're at.

Warnock working his magic again turning a team looking like being relegated into serious promotion contenders

Will be in the playoffs i reckon, look solid in all positions. Morrison at the back was solid, did he lose a header all match?

If brooks plays against barnsley and scores a couple he will be a premiership development squad player before the end of the transfer window... leave him on the bench for now

I'm sick to death of people saying we've played 3 of the teams they expect to be in the top 6, it's not good enough,we need more up front, we need more passion, need an outlet, time now for the Saudi ( Liverpool ) investment

I think we are beginning to see a few players who will not make the step up, Clarke for me was abysmal never even got a challenge in for crosses into the box standing waiting will not cut it in this league Ched looks twice the player. Brooks did alright, Basham looks like this is a step too far for him big problems on Saturday if Stearman isn't fit, both wing backs and keeper look to be struggling too.

Last edited:
No pace or urgency to punish teams.

Just like we did against Boro, we turn around and go back into our own half.

Some of this squad are not for this league.

A lot of that team were free transfers, so it shows it can be done without being held to ransom.

Time to start Evans and Brooks in my eyes now.
Can't believe Wendy offered 100-200k for Morrison, looked more like a million pound player tonight, wink wink Chris, if he's for sale, we could do worse!

Once the subs came on we started to match them and open them up. Their keeper made some excellent saves. The first half was slow and we were very sloppy in possession. That's got to change. Cardiff looked like a good team to me. Strong and pacy. Won a lot of second balls (until last 20 mins).

We've lost to top of the league and should have drawn with the odds on favourite for promotion, both away from home.

I'm not worried, and I won't be until at least the end of August.

I'm not surprised Cardiff are winning. They looked awesome against Villa. My one concern is why we havent put Lavery on the bench as well as Ched. I look at the bench and wonder where the games changers are?

Its gonna be a long hard season and many of our team have never played at this level.

We need to stay up this season and then kick on from there, we have a squad capable of doing that, but of course its disappointing to lose we need to take the positives and of course if there are players out there we can get then we should.

But its not panic stations, where were we a year ago? And look where we are now, in Wilder we trust.

Problem is mate...we DON'T have a squad capable of changing that. You absolutely couldn't be more wrong! Lavery a "game-changer"? Really? What are you smoking?

He's a young ambitious kid, with a bit of pace, who's looked good in flashes in Leagues 1 and 2. He's not convinced anyone down there that he's the real deal and pushing for a starting place - but he's obviously convinced you for some reason so by all means, you are at liberty to explain to all of us who haven't seen that?

I've learned a few things in life. And one thing I learned is that, never look back and compare your current situation with a past one - and take comfort from that. Because you have to deal with what's in front of you now, not something that worked in the past. So your comment about "where were we a year ago?" is total nonsense. And in fact, it's exactly this kind of thinking that produces failure after success. You should always look forward and think, "where are we now?" and "what is needed to succeed at this level?" not, "what did we achieve in the past?".

Should be interesting Saturday,Barnsly have won tonight so that sets things up for Saturday :#

Very disappointing with the performance, I'm sure someone will come on with player points out of ten but I thought Clark won nothing all night and the midfield.... naa let's not pull anyone down tonight, let's sleep on it. but it was pretty poor and it has to be said!

Saturday will be a reight game.

Everyone enjoy it.

We've lost to top of the league and should have drawn with the odds on favourite for promotion, both away from home.

I'm not worried, and I won't be until at least the end of August.

Good for you pal.

I'm not "worried" either.

But I already see obvious signs where we need to improve. Do you? And if so, what are they?

You can't just say, "I'm not worried" without explaining why you're not worried and what is going to change!

A few thoughts:

*Quality is lacking - when it takes 2 or 3 touches to get the ball where you want it, before attempting a pass, you're fk'd.
*Midfield needs more urgency - too many side ways / wide passes when the midfield should have been looking to get it into the forwards feet.
*Forwards need to hold the ball better to bring the midfield in and breed confidence. Having said that, the wing backs need to not lose the ball and allow quick breaks to attack a 3 man defense.
*Brooks and Ched changed things (more Brooks than Ched IMO) because they had the urgency to push in the final third and try to make things happen.

Back
Top Bottom