2022/2023 Match Thread Wrexham v. Sheffield United - FA Cup - 29th January 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WREX
WREX
WREX

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
Wrexham_A.F.C._logo.png
vs.
sufc.gif

FA Cup Fourth Round - Sunday 29th January 2023 - 16:30 - The Racecourse Ground

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/wrexham-afc-vs-sheffield-united.652/

Officials:

Referee: Dean Whitestone
Assistant Referee: Matthew Jones
Assistant Referee: Craig Taylor
Fourth Official: Scott Oldham

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 10.57.14.png

Last edited:

To be honest that performance was typical of the majority of our performances this season. Get in front, concede possession against technically inferior opposition, cling on and maybe hit them on the break.
When we keep the ball on the deck and pass through and around team, we are at times unplayable.
Yes other teams alter their gameplan against us, but the way to beat a team high on confidence, with a superb home record and a clear tactic of get the ball forwards as quickly as possible - is to retain the ball an use your better players to play through them.
Yes we are well clear in the league and yes we have a great team spirit but really, we have the ability to beat most teams in the league convincingly.
I agree today is a bit of a one off with it being the cup etc, but it’s no different to what we see most weeks to be fair.
Not a ‘bed wetter’ or a ‘pig’ but most fans can see it (certainly the ones I talk to) and it’s fair comment to say we should be playing better.
I read on an other thread that Berge would have been a passenger today and that was entirely accurate.
As much as I rate him and really like the guy, I would sell him tomorrow if we can invest even half the money on a midfielder who can get a grip of the game, maybe protect Norwood / McAtee and allow the midfield to boss games again.
Maybe is is a management issue… ?

Losing today would have mentally scarred the squad, for that reason alone Wrexham merited our first team not a second rate Blades outfit.

Hopefully, we’ll play the real First XI and batter Wrexham in the replay; adding a dose of reality to a future Netflix episode!

That last-minute equaliser from Egan was for Blyth Spartans and a wonky corner flag.

My first season watching 'The Town'. 77/78
Aged 10 I thought from then on, every season we'd win the league as champions, get to the quarter finals of the FA Cup and League Cup, win the old Welsh Cup and play in the European Cup Winners Cup .
We were fortunate that day. That's football. Every clubs fans can look back on a bit of good fortune. The replay was played at Newcastle which we won 0-2 on a quagmire of a pitch.

There were a few decisions today for sides which would have gone to VAR. Wrexham's strongest of 3 penalty shouts a blatant handball before Ollie Palmer nearly broke the crossbar

Listening to BBC football daily turns out they have a weakness defending set plays. Jackie long throw next time around then.

After sleeping on it... Yes the performance was poor. But you can't fail to be impressed by the way in which we came back.
Most teams would have thrown the towel in at 3-2.
Credit Wrexham as well. Made it a horrible tie. Not so much themselves diving all over the place and getting Jebbo sent off.

BBC getting very cheesy about Ryan Reynolds absolutely over the top .
Never heard of him till he and his mate bought Wrexham.
Where does he get his money from?
Not the star of any Hollywood blockbuster.?

So much bitterness about the long throw. 😂
It worked, twice. Think of it as a set piece if you will. As good as a corner which btw I can’t remember a Blades corner being played short all afternoon, in fact you scored twice from them.

So much bitterness about the long throw. 😂
It worked, twice. Think of it as a set piece if you will. As good as a corner which btw I can’t remember a Blades corner being played short all afternoon, in fact you scored twice from them.

Where’s the bitterness? If Jack Robinson had played you’d have seen us doing the same thing.

Team for the replay....

-------------Fodders

------Bash Egan Robinson

Bogle ---------------------------- Lowe

---------------Norwood

Doyle ------- Coulibaly

----------Ndaiye

-------------- Mcburnie

Anel clearly needs more rest to get over his illness. Mactee to come on for Doyle for the last 30 mins.

Any incomings need to strengthen midfield significantly.

Team for the replay....

-------------Fodders

------Bash Egan Robinson

Bogle ---------------------------- Lowe

---------------Norwood

Doyle ------- Coulibaly

----------Ndaiye

-------------- Mcburnie

Anel clearly needs more rest to get over his illness. Mactee to come on for Doyle for the last 30 mins.

Any incomings need to strengthen midfield significantly.
Please may I never see Davies in a Blades shirt again
Fodders would have dealt with all of those balls into the box

Hecky not appy with that fifteen minutes to start the second half. Rightly so. Not to be repeated...i hope. 3-0 in the replay...I hope too

After sleeping on it... Yes the performance was poor. But you can't fail to be impressed by the way in which we came back.
Most teams would have thrown the towel in at 3-2.
Credit Wrexham as well. Made it a horrible tie. Not so much themselves diving all over the place and getting Jebbo sent off.
This 100%.
Not a great performance but you could sense the desire there. Don’t underestimate the effect the poor pitch had on us it was bobbling about like a beach ball at times.
Crazy cup tie, it was great to be there with my son and mates more Blades memories to add to the bank👍
UTB

As good as a corner which btw I can’t remember a Blades corner being played short all afternoon, in fact you scored twice from them.

We did, also sportingly miskicked a few and launched you a few breaks from poorly executed ones.

I’m not entirely sure it’s all that bitter, we take them ourselves (when Robinson is on the pitch), I think it’s more the celebration of winning a throw in or the leaving the ball to go out instead of crossing it, to instead get a throw in that triggers some.

That and the officials being unable to spot when they are actually foul throws.

ICYMI. Studs down the back of the calf with the ref 20 yards away. Sneaky and deserved to see red.F0C201AF-E5C7-4E82-9704-A6622AF0965B.jpeg

ICYMI. Studs down the back of the calf with the ref 20 yards away. Sneaky and deserved to see red.View attachment 152535
It's nothing of the sort ! We've all seen the grainy video of the kick out from jebbo after tosser kicks him first
You Wrexham fans really aren't covering yourselves in glory are you ? Posting still pictures and twisting the narrative

Can we not just ban these utter virgins?
I thought they seemed a decent bunch at first, one or two with the potential to maybe do a JonnyRed(WCFC) or a HammerInPeace, but as sometimes happens, after the match the fractious comments mount up. To be fair, if The_Wrexham_Cartel can curtail their Wendy-like fixation with attendances, they are very decent with their observations and postings.

It's nothing of the sort ! We've all seen the grainy video of the kick out from jebbo after tosser kicks him first
You Wrexham fans really aren't covering yourselves in glory are you ? Posting still pictures and twisting the narrative
Nothing to twist at all. The BBC only caught the afters and Tozer was rightly carded for retaliating.
The above pic is what led to the red.

If any of Wrexham's finest can bear listening to 100 minutes of Prog Rock, Rock in Opposition, Alternative Rock, and hippie shit, they can allow themselves to be irate at my totally partisan rant about the game prior to Epic Corner:

The link doesn't do the picture justice; Sharpella was watching on the telly with the exact expression that I wore throughout, and yes, at the final whistle I took my blood pressure and it was at "You Should Be Dead" level:

ProgAlt 293.jpg

Sander will start in the reply along with JLT and Nidaye will start put em to the sword Blades

We've got around 200 unsold tickets from the 4,782 allocation. They're likely to go tonight online to season ticket holders

Back
Top Bottom