Worth noting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Promotion to the PL should set minds thinking seriously about quite a few of our squad. I would certainly give Ndiaye, Berge, Ahmedhodzic and a refreshed McBurnie the chance to prove their undoubted skills at the next level.
The rest are probably overage or they have already reached their ceiling.
I’d add Bogle, RND and possibly Lowe to that list…

GK: Foderingham, Davies, Amissah
RWB: Bogle, Baldock, Sachdev
RCB: Anel, Basham, Gordon
CB: Egan
LCB: Clark, Robinson
LWB: RND, Lowe, Stevens
RCM: Norwood, Osborn, Arblaster
LCM: Doyle, Fleck, Coulibaly, Brooks
RAM: Berge, McAtee
LAM: Ndiaye, Khadra
CF: McBurnie, Brewster, Sharp, Jebbison

That's how I see it, in order.
I know some can cover other roles which would push some players even further down the pecking orders in their slots but for ease I've done each player once.
Reckon RND should be first choice LCB now, and Lowe first choice LWB, with Clark/Robinson as the backups and Stevens the backup LWB

Reckon RND should be first choice LCB now, and Lowe first choice LWB, with Clark/Robinson as the backups and Stevens the backup LWB

I know that was probably my most controversial pick as first choice given the limited minutes we've seen of Clark.

However, I truly believe Clark is what we need. As good as Egan can be, I don't see him as a great leader / organiser.
Clark comes in and bosses the back-line. He's big, strong and actually pretty athletic.
The best defensive performance I've seen from us this season was Millwall at home. They bombarded our box and we dealt with everything calmly. We never looked in trouble and with Anel, Egan and Clark we looked physically so commanding.

RND did great in that position but I still think he'd be best utilised out wide where his engine can count for more. Sadly, I think he's out for a while now so it'll be time for Lowe to step up again. Lowe was brilliant pre-injury so that shouldn't be a cause for concern.

I know that was probably my most controversial pick as first choice given the limited minutes we've seen of Clark.

However, I truly believe Clark is what we need. As good as Egan can be, I don't see him as a great leader / organiser.
Clark comes in and bosses the back-line. He's big, strong and actually pretty athletic.
The best defensive performance I've seen from us this season was Millwall at home. They bombarded our box and we dealt with everything calmly. We never looked in trouble and with Anel, Egan and Clark we looked physically so commanding.

RND did great in that position but I still think he'd be best utilised out wide where his engine can count for more. Sadly, I think he's out for a while now so it'll be time for Lowe to step up again. Lowe was brilliant pre-injury so that shouldn't be a cause for concern.
I also don't think Lowe has shown anywhere near enough for us to make him a guaranteed first choice LWB. I'd rather have RND there myself. Much better defensively.

I also don't think Lowe has shown anywhere near enough for us to make him a guaranteed first choice LWB. I'd rather have RND there myself. Much better defensively.

It's an obvious thing to say, but I think Lowe is very good when he trusts the guy behind him.
Put him next to anybody that isn't solid and I think he flaps.
I think he'd do well next to Clark, as he did next to a rapidly improving RND (eventually). He needs the platform and to be bossed about.

It's an obvious thing to say, but I think Lowe is very good when he trusts the guy behind him.
Put him next to anybody that isn't solid and I think he flaps.
I think he'd do well next to Clark, as he did next to a rapidly improving RND (eventually). He needs the platform and to be bossed about.
I was quite unimpressed in Lowe's ability to close players down. Block crosses etc. He seemed to stand off and allow crosses to come in. Not sure how he fared for Forest defensively but I've not seen anything to suggest he's as good as RND.

I’d add Bogle, RND and possibly Lowe to that list…
Agreed. I don’t think that PH will have much choice to be honest. If we do get promoted the Prince might have some serious thoughts on not blowing it financially this time. While some spending may happen, the Prince will want to make the club more attractive to potential buyers, and PH will want to maintain the very special team spirit he has engendered in this squad.

Promotion or not, the loan players will return to parent clubs. Khedra promised so much, but it hasn’t worked out so far for whatever reason. Clark will be a free agent, but given his age and the fact he has only had a few games, he could get a short term contract based on his experience, but only if we see more of him second half of the season.
The Man City lads are at different stages of their development. If there is no place for Doyle in Peps plans, he might stay here for the right money, if we get promoted. McAtee is starting to show potential but this is his first time out on loan. Both city lads have shown a good attitude and bought in to the squad ethos and team spirit.
Whatever else happens, promoted or not, PH has built a great reputation for bringing on young loanees.

Plenty of the season left and lots of games to come. Can’t see the club spending big in JTW, we don’t have the money.

before the usual breakdown if we don't win, this is largely a reserve team.

---------------------------1st
---2nd-------2nd--------1st------2nd------3rd or 4th
-------------3rd-----------1st----------3rd
-------------------2nd or 3rd----1st

And it's not like all these players are match fit.

4 1st choice players in the starting line-up.
First

Back
Top Bottom