Worth noting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
before the usual breakdown if we don't win, this is largely a reserve team.

---------------------------1st
---2nd-------2nd--------1st------2nd------3rd or 4th
-------------3rd-----------1st----------3rd
-------------------2nd or 3rd----1st

And it's not like all these players are match fit.

4 1st choice players in the starting line-up.

Absolutely
I was worried when we scored after an hour or so, sounds daft but I was, I was hoping we'd get away with a clean sheet and then score in injury time.
I thought we'd sink back into our first half shape for half an hour and get punished twice, or at least once.

Id say Wes, Norwood, Egan, ndiaye and baldock are 1st choice more often than not so I'd go 5 but I'm not in disagreement with your point

I doubt most fans would pick Baldock over Bogle.
Baldock probably running most in the whole championship. He gets the pass every fifth run or something, still goes on runs without any fuss. Bogle better with the ball,Baldock outstanding without. Baldock probably a player any team would dream having. Baldock above Bogle at rwb,Bogle more a wingerlike player. Need them both.

Baldock probably running most in the whole championship. He gets the pass every fifth run or something, still goes on runs without any fuss. Bogle better with the ball,Baldock outstanding without. Baldock probably a player any team would dream having. Baldock above Bogle at rwb,Bogle more a wingerlike player. Need them both.
Said it before I would play Bogle at RAM

Also worth noting…. That McAtee is starting to look the part, now that he is getting a grip of what this league is all about. He changed the game today and to be honest, I’m glad because he like a few has had some unnecessary cosh as per….

But yeah…. Fleck, Sander and co… don’t just expect to go walking back into this team. The real fight starts now!

You saying Clark is second choice over Robinson … give over (JOC doesn’t count seeing he’s sadly not played for 2 years)

T
Absolutely
I was worried when we scored after an hour or so, sounds daft but I was, I was hoping we'd get away with a clean sheet and then score in injury time.
I thought we'd sink back into our first half shape for half an hour and get punished twice, or at least once.
Understandable you would be so negative towards a team thats top of the league

No coincidence that teams hardly ever attack us down his side ,if we strengthen the left side of defence to tge same standard we will be a very solid outfit

If we can get the back 5 to be a solid consistent unit we will be the team to fear

Bogle is a level above Baldock. As good defensively but much better on the ball and better going forward. Baldock is better at running around but technically no competition.

As much as I love Baldock, soon as Bogle is fit he walks straight into the team

Agree, Baldock is more of a full back who has a good engine so can get forward
He's more aggressive and probably more solid at defending.

Where as Bogle has much better winger qualities and can defend too.
He's a far better dribbler, much more of an attacking threat and more likely to pop up to score goals.
On his day Bogle is one of our danger men that teams should fear, you've never been able to say that about Baldock.

When playing weaker teams where we don't need to worry too much about defence (which is most games in this division) then I'd much prefer Bogle.
If we're up against a really good team, especially away, then Baldock might be better option.
Both are different types of players, both worth keeping but I would put Bogle as our number one in that position.

Agree, once we get our full strength defence back then we'll see plenty of consecutive clean sheets.
The team that keeps clean sheets will be the team that wins the league in my opinion ,with our quality we will always score goals but we cant keep giving chances away like we have in the last half dozen home games in particular

A back three of clark egan anel with rnd and baldock rotating with bogle and lowe would give us such a platform and take so much pressure off the midfield

Teams wouldnt be able to just press us high and make it scrappy as we would soak that up and hit them on the counter

God im getting aroused thinking about it

Baldock and Bogle are different types of player but both are excellent at this level. I don’t see one as an automatic first choice. If Bogle’s fit and in form then I’d tend to prefer him for his attacking qualities but if he’s injured or out of form, I wouldn’t be too concerned if Baldock played instead, I consider them rivals for the RWB spot rather than a “first choice and cover player” scenario.

Same with RND and Lowe when fit, we have both strength in depth and options, ranging from full out attack with Bogle and Lowe to “keep it tight” with RND and Baldock. And with Sachdev and Boyes both having good potential, we seem to be well covered in these positions for the immediate future, assuming we can get Bogle, Lowe and RND fit for the second half of the season.

We don't play a RAM ?
We don’t play wingers … and TBH recently we’ve played a flat two up top bit prior to that we set up with a striker and two 10s which I would class as a LAM and RAM if we set up like that again I would play Bogle RAM

We don’t play wingers … and TBH recently we’ve played a flat two up top bit prior to that we set up with a striker and two 10s which I would class as a LAM and RAM if we set up like that again I would play Bogle RAM
This is one of the things holding us back. Unlike a few seasons ago, George is now never going to take on the last man out wide and whip a cross in. They know that and shut down the option so that he just goes for the backwards pass and it ends up across the back line. Bogle will beat his man and get in behind- priceless.

GK: Foderingham, Davies, Amissah
RWB: Bogle, Baldock, Sachdev
RCB: Anel, Basham, Gordon
CB: Egan
LCB: Clark, Robinson
LWB: RND, Lowe, Stevens
RCM: Norwood, Osborn, Arblaster
LCM: Doyle, Fleck, Coulibaly, Brooks
RAM: Berge, McAtee
LAM: Ndiaye, Khadra
CF: McBurnie, Brewster, Sharp, Jebbison

That's how I see it, in order.
I know some can cover other roles which would push some players even further down the pecking orders in their slots but for ease I've done each player once.

GK: Foderingham, Davies, Amissah
RWB: Bogle, Baldock, Sachdev
RCB: Anel, Basham, Gordon
CB: Egan
LCB: Clark, Robinson
LWB: RND, Lowe, Stevens
RCM: Norwood, Osborn, Arblaster
LCM: Doyle, Fleck, Coulibaly, Brooks
RAM: Berge, McAtee
LAM: Ndiaye, Khadra
CF: McBurnie, Brewster, Sharp, Jebbison

That's how I see it, in order.
I know some can cover other roles which would push some players even further down the pecking orders in their slots but for ease I've done each player once.
It’s a good job Egan is an unbreakable ever present in that case. ;)

We've probably needed a proper big lad at the back to cover/challenge Egan at the back for some time. In many ways we are lucky he's not missed hardly any games but he's not a machine and he will start to miss more games eventually. Also a direct challenge to his place in the team ensures that players don't coast or sub consciously lower their standards. The same reason we seem to have one or two players challenging for each other position when all fit. Yes others can move across to cover Egan but I still don't see an out and out direct challenge to Egan and his position from anyone else in the current squad. Wants addressing sometime.

That said we have needed to freshen up the midfield and get another box to box physical player for sometime too. That's still on the tick list of to do's, but maybe not as acute now if Blaster and Coulibally are we emerging. Needs freshening up in the summer though if Fleck moves on (which should happen).

Promotion to the PL should set minds thinking seriously about quite a few of our squad. I would certainly give Ndiaye, Berge, Ahmedhodzic and a refreshed McBurnie the chance to prove their undoubted skills at the next level.
The rest are probably overage or they have already reached their ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom