Wonder what the team will be Sunday?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yesterday's three new signings made a combined total of 48 league appearances last season. An average of 16 each. It's a bit much to expect them to all come straight in and hit the ground running.

I think that Wilder will look to ease them in gradually and stick with the team that fought back to win on Saturday. With the possible exception of Lafferty due to the Hussey situation but he may well stick with O Connor there initially.

I think long term 4-2-3-1 is the best option with the players we have. The biggest worry is Basham is the one midfielder at the club who you could call a defensive midfielder and even he isn't what you'd really call a ball winner .

The likes of Wright, Scougall and Coutts deserve to play on Sunday but I think long term our best 11 might be

Moore

Freeman
Lafferty
Ebanks-ladell
O Connell

Fleck
Basham

Done
Duffy
Lavery

Sharp

I think long term 4-2-3-1 is the best option with the players we have. The biggest worry is Basham is the one midfielder at the club who you could call a defensive midfielder and even he isn't what you'd really call a ball winner .

The likes of Wright, Scougall and Coutts deserve to play on Sunday but I think long term our best 11 might be

Moore

Freeman
Lafferty
Ebanks-ladell
O Connell

Fleck
Basham

Done
Duffy
Lavery

Sharp

If Clarke is fit it just seems a little harsh on him when in all fairness he has been much better than Sharp in regards to his overall work rate but for whatever reason it just seems that he and Sharp don't seem to gel and aren't really compatible.

If Clarke is fit it just seems a little harsh on him when in all fairness he has been much better than Sharp in regards to his overall work rate but for whatever reason it just seems that he and Sharp don't seem to gel and aren't really compatible.

To be honest there are a lot of places up for grabs. Any one of Sharp or Clarke really for me but not both. Done too has only had one decent game this season so the jury is still out on him

Coutts or Scougall could surprise us and cement a place in team. Reason I left both out is because history tells us they aren't ever going to be consistent enough. Loved to be proven wrong though

Lots of speculating really at the moment. I don't think even Wilder will be fully sure of his best 11 yet. It all depends on who takes their chance

Whilst trying to realign my enthusiasm for Coutts 16/17, I re-read Roy's excellent View From on said player:

“ I like Coutts. He carries the ball well and doesn’t lose possession easily. Right now I’d have him in the team over Hendrick.”

Quite an interesting overview considering Hendrick has just gone to the PL for 10.5m and lets be fair most would acknowledge that Sean Dyche is nobody's fool.

This is the first time Coutts has been injury free AND with the benefit of a few games at the end of one season followed by a full pre-season.

At 28, it's not too late for him to recapture old form. In the absence of a must select alternative, I for one am prepared to give him time to build on the past two performances.

I just hope if paired with Fleck at any point they both put a sufficient shift in to not get overrun defensively. Our strength is our forwards at this level, Billy, Lavery, Duffy, Done and Clarke. It's not really the back 4. Hopefully the character of Wright can make the centre half position look less of a soft touch. Full back now looks aggressive and mobile.

Credit Wilder for giving second chances to a few. Other managers would have been too stubborn. Likewise for correcting his own 'mistakes' on Long as 1st pick and Hussey.

Not sure how we will start on Sunday but going into the future i'd like 4231.

GK Moore

RB Freeman
CB O'connell
CB Wilson/Ebanks-Landell
LB Laffertey

CM Fleck
CM Coutts

RAM Duffy
CAM Scougall
LAM Lavery

ST Sharp
I think this is a good call, have a like!

Moore
Freeman Wilson Wright Lafferty
Duffy Basham Coutts Scougall
Sharp Done
Subs:- Ramsdale, EEL, O Connell, Fleck, Chapman, Lavary, Clarke

If we play that midfield ....... Justin Edinburgh will be creaming himself !!

They will hand us our arse on a plate ........ :(

UTB & FTP

Not that different the seeing as though Leicester's old heads tried to do exactly the same and failed.

Brooks probably has way more about him in the physicality department than Basham and Scougall combined and if we get the ball down on the floor and play football and Gillingham fancy kicking chunks out of us then fair play, we've got decent height and we have shown our capabilities from set pieces.

Our squad are suited to getting the ball down and playing football with the exception of Basham. We can play the "physical opponent" card all we want but the truth of the matter is that we need to play to our strengths and that isn't slamming the ball up into the final third and hoping for a knock down.

We have dominated hugely in possession however without fruition and we desperately need a player in the middle of the park with the confidence and intelligence to pick out that killer ball to a couple of strikers who know where the back of the net is if they get it.
I dont know anything about the lad brookes,
greeny what is his best position and his main attributes as you see it, and is he ready for the first team

--------------------------Moore--------------------------
Freeman-----Wilson------Wright-------Lafferty
Scougs--------Coutts------Fleck----------Duffy
-------------------Sharp-------Done

Long, Ebanks-Landell, O'Connell, Basham, Brooks, Lavery, Clarke

Chapman's away with England so can't be involved!

Moore

Freeman
Lafferty
Ebanks-ladell
O Connell

Fleck
Basham

Done
Duffy
Lavery

Sharp

Personally think Fleck is far more of a ball winner than Basham, Basham more box to box of the two

Moore
Freeman Wilson O'Connell Lafferty
Coutts Fleck
Scougall Brooks Duffy
Sharp

Long, Landell, Hussey, Basham, Done, Lavery, Clarke

Back
Top Bottom