Wombling Wimbledon or Progressing Pilgrims?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lyle Taylor scores. Can I be the first to say sign him up! A good finish to be fair.

For every mention of the great John Harris on here, there's a hundred of Diplodocus Dave. That really speaks for itself. We have a generation of fans who know nothing of how this beautiful game should be played. Their heroes are Booker and Montgomery rather than Currie and Badger. I suppose they deserve sympathy rather than vitriol.

Second rate comment from a second rate poster and a second rate predictor.
Guaranteed to make us all laugh (at him).

Are you seriously saying that supporters of the Blades are different to everywhere else in their approach to how football should be played? Exactly how different? What evidence from within the support base of all other clubs do you have for these claims?

Until you start providing evidence for what you are claiming, you and your unsupported, ridiculous, generalised statements will continue to remain without a spec of credibility.

I need evidence to demonstrate that the overwhelming majority of football fans prefer proper football to aimless punts? I'd better set about proving the Earth is round and Donald Trump is a buffoon whilst I'm at it....

Some questions are only asked in S2. Dear...oh dear...oh dear.

That was more like the Lyle Taylor I remember. Clean through hits it straight at the goalkeeper. Bound to score a hat trick against us.

I need evidence to demonstrate that the overwhelming majority of football fans prefer proper football to aimless punts? I'd better set about proving the Earth is round and Donald Trump is a buffoon whilst I'm at it....

Some questions are only asked in S2. Dear...oh dear...oh dear.
No, no let's not divert. You've made two claims here.

1. You have claimed that the vast majority of Sheffield United supporters prefer "hoof" as you call it.

I'll suggest another option and say that it is far more likely that instead of advocating "hoof", they are not proposing that style isn't an absolutely essential focal point, as long as promotion is achieved.

Considering you were the one to make the claim that it is an absolute certain that most if not just about all supporters of this club advocate "hoof", can you please provide the evidence that both supports your "certainty" that they are advocating hoof, and totally invalidates the option I have proposed?

2. You have claimed that the vast majority of supporters of all other clubs do not "prefer hoof"

I know you will not be able to provide the proof for no.1, therefore going on the other option, your 2nd claim changes to this;

2. You have claimed that the vast majority of supporters of all other clubs do not propose that style isn't an absolutely essential focal point, as long as promotion is achieved.

Of which you will now need to provide the evidence within the support bases of all other clubs to validate the claim.

Top and bottom of it is don't make sweeping generalisations you cannot prove.

A great day for football! Hope they relegate the fake dons next season.

Why shouldn't he?

You do ;)
Giving opinions on the club and the way it should operate is one thing.

He has interpreted a viewpoint e.g about style not being essential, as long as promotion is achieved, and has transformed it in to something that hasn't been said (advocating hoof), and has applied it to every other club.

He's probably not far wrong in saying not many other supporters would advocate hoof, the problem is the supporters of this club haven't advocated hoof. He's made that up.

Taking his own version of what is said (hoof is brilliant), I'd guess not many supporters of other clubs would agree.

Taking what is actually said however (e.g a viewpoint that style not being essential as long as promotion achieved), I'd guess that far, far more supporters would agree.

If you are going to apply a viewpoint to all clubs and claim they do not agree with it, take it for what that viewpoint is and don't take and interpret it for what you want it to mean.

Really? Our keepers didn't march to the halfway line and launch it aimlessly over the heads of midfielders in the general direction of the opposition goal?

He's a dinosaur and his legacy has done a great deal of harm.

For every mention of the great John Harris on here, there's a hundred of Diplodocus Dave. That really speaks for itself. We have a generation of fans who know nothing of how this beautiful game should be played. Their heroes are Booker and Montgomery rather than Currie and Badger. I suppose they deserve sympathy rather than vitriol.

You forget you can on play with what you have. Robson had the chance and er made a complete balls of it.

Was pretty neutral about this one but seeing all of the celebrations afterwards made me chuffed for them, particularly the two owners who started the club all of those years ago despite the FA saying it 'would not be in the best interests of football.' Gotta love a club like that sticking it to the crooked authorities!

Was pretty neutral about this one but seeing all of the celebrations afterwards made me chuffed for them, particularly the two owners who started the club all of those years ago despite the FA saying it 'would not be in the best interests of football.' Gotta love a club like that sticking it to the crooked authorities!

Great news to Wimbledon. Of course we have a loads of connections with the old Wimbledon so even more reason to see them do well.

No, no let's not divert. You've made two claims here.

1. You have claimed that the vast majority of Sheffield United supporters prefer "hoof" as you call it.

I'll suggest another option and say that it is far more likely that instead of advocating "hoof", they are not proposing that style isn't an absolutely essential focal point, as long as promotion is achieved.

Considering you were the one to make the claim that it is an absolute certain that most if not just about all supporters of this club advocate "hoof", can you please provide the evidence that both supports your "certainty" that they are advocating hoof, and totally invalidates the option I have proposed?

2. You have claimed that the vast majority of supporters of all other clubs do not "prefer hoof"

I know you will not be able to provide the proof for no.1, therefore going on the other option, your 2nd claim changes to this;

2. You have claimed that the vast majority of supporters of all other clubs do not propose that style isn't an absolutely essential focal point, as long as promotion is achieved.

Of which you will now need to provide the evidence within the support bases of all other clubs to validate the claim.

Top and bottom of it is don't make sweeping generalisations you cannot prove.

He's a wannabe elitist with delusions of adequacy. Fuck the tippy tap fundamentalists.

I am really pleased that AFC went up. When I can't get to a United game I cycle down to the Kingsmeadow. The club bar is open to away fans and it is one of the few grounds left where you can change stands at half time. Hopefully the new stadium application will go through the Mayor of London appeal and the fans will get back to their spiritual home.

Cracking stuff from Wimbledon. Top class way for The Beast to bow out. And will be great to see that Proper Football Club v Plastic Club-Thieves match up next season.

Had a quick look on Plymouth's main forum btw. Very disappointed as you'd expect but, despite them taking about 35,000 down there, no bigging up their unbelievable support & no derision towards "tinpot" Wimbledon - congratulations to the victors instead.

Cracking stuff from Wimbledon. Top class way for The Beast to bow out. And will be great to see that Proper Football Club v Plastic Club-Thieves match up next season.

Had a quick look on Plymouth's main forum btw. Very disappointed as you'd expect but, despite them taking about 35,000 down there, no bigging up their unbelievable support & no derision towards "tinpot" Wimbledon - congratulations to the victors instead.
Could your last paragraph be a reference to a certain football club whose supporters are now deluding themselves that they are bigger than Real Madrid following their trip to Wembley?

Back
Top Bottom