Wilderback

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you take wilder back ?

• Yes

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Fuck off fallowfield

Votes: 206 55.7%

• Total voters

Dig up the threads from when we signed them Portsmouth

I repeat: "The fact that people were enthused is irrelevant when held up to the daylight that says that possibly only Bogle and McBurnie (with snookers) have returned their money"

pommpey

Do you not think he is trying to get the best out of what he has, aging squad, some players not up to it, some players look as though they don't want to be at BDBL, not an easy job for anybody!
yes he is but tactic wise he seems a bit naive to me and isnt capable of making decisions in games where things are not going according to plan i.e. he doesnt seem to have a plan b or c and he will be found out in the premier league if we get there

It’s highly unlikely to happen while the current owners are in charge. Hecky will be going nowhere and I’m pleased about that.

yes he is but tactic wise he seems a bit naive to me and isnt capable of making decisions in games where things are not going according to plan i.e. he doesnt seem to have a plan b or c and he will be found out in the premier league if we get there
kinda agree, but managers are like players - if you shop in the top draw most often than not you get a winner - Klopp, Pep, Conte, ETH etc

however if you shop in tier 2, its a bit of a gamble, for every Cooper & Howe, theres a Nathan Jones or Lampard/Gerrard waiting for you.

Silva is doing really well at Fulham, but has been relegated (Hull), sacked (Watford) & sacked (Everton) in his previous 3 jobs.

I think all things considered, and thats considering some of the managers we have had, Madkins, Slav, Weir etc, Hecky is doing well.

The season stretches over 9 months, some months will be easier than others, by default some will be harder than others. we built up a points lead during the 'easy months' to allow us breathing space in the 'harder months'

22/23 season he has bought 1 player across 2 windows (Anel) for £4m as he operated under a transfer embargo in Jan, and should we win tomorrow, we will be 7 points clear with at least a +4 GD and only 11 games to play.

Rewind to 1st August as we lost to Watford 1-0 - had someone offered us a FA Cup quarter final at home vs Blackburn, and 2nd place by mid March, like a £100,000 job offer from the brittle bone society, we have snapped their fuckin hand off

I repeat: "The fact that people were enthused is irrelevant when held up to the daylight that says that possibly only Bogle and McBurnie (with snookers) have returned their money"

pommpey

And ramsdale and Robinson

Berge isn’t a flop he’s a 6/10 signing and Brewster definitely is a flop but that is mainly down to his injuries

So his signings weren’t that bad were they every team spunks money up the wall

So again you’re just taking nonsense Portsmouth

He doesn’t have any tactics at all there is nothing about hecky that makes him anything other than a league one manager

His plan A is Chris wilders team plan a is play like you did under the bloke who got you to 9th in the Prem

I have always had doubts about Hecky in the long term. I see similarities between him and Southgate for England.

Don’t think either are bad managers….just think they’re both average. Don’t often understand either managers tactics or substitutions. However think both Southgate and Hecky are good with the media in that both a so level headed and unemotional (unlike Wilder).

but Hecky deserves a chance to finish the job, so think we have no choice to keep him this season and if we gain promotion then Hecky will deserve to manage in the Premier League too.

Regards Wilder of course I’d have him back, it was the best football I’ve seen in 40 years with the team being so well drilled and achieving great results with average players.

And ramsdale and Robinson

Berge isn’t a flop he’s a 6/10 signing and Brewster definitely is a flop but that is mainly down to his injuries

So his signings weren’t that bad were they every team spunks money up the wall

So again you’re just taking nonsense Portsmouth

Ramsdale returned his money? Har har har.

You funny motherfucker.

pommpey

Hi Stegosaurus here

Wilder was exposed as a fraud. He knew one tactic, and when teams cottoned on he didn't have a clue.

Not to mention spaffing money away like a scrubber who wins the lottery and ends up back on the bins three years later. Klopp had his kegs down when he sold Brewster
Hi stegosaurus. Long time no see was beginning to think you were reincarnated as fallowfield 😋😋

I have always had doubts about Hecky in the long term. I see similarities between him and Southgate for England.

Don’t think either are bad managers….just think they’re both average. Don’t often understand either managers tactics or substitutions. However think both Southgate and Hecky are good with the media in that both a so level headed and unemotional (unlike Wilder).

but Hecky deserves a chance to finish the job, so think we have no choice to keep him this season and if we gain promotion then Hecky will deserve to manage in the Premier League too.

Regards Wilder of course I’d have him back, it was the best football I’ve seen in 40 years with the team being so well drilled and achieving great results with average players.
Excellent post. Don't under estimate the being calm point. Think it matters now more than ever. Its not the 1990s any more when you can chuck teacups about the dressing room and take bungs off agents.
I agree that Southgate and Hecky lack the 'streetsmarts' wily tactics, chess playing, agile in game management and a few other tactical bells and whistles. But they are both good man managers and seem to make steady improvements with their squads.
Think both would make excellent directors of football.
IMO Considering the lack of spend on players, staff and club infrastructure since relegation Hecky is doing a very difficult job pretty solidly.

Excellent post. Don't under estimate the being calm point. Think it matters now more than ever. Its not the 1990s any more when you can chuck teacups about the dressing room and take bungs off agents.
I agree that Southgate and Hecky lack the 'streetsmarts' wily tactics, chess playing, agile in game management and a few other tactical bells and whistles. But they are both good man managers and seem to make steady improvements with their squads.
IMO Considering the lack of spend on players, staff and club infrastructure since relegation Hecky is doing a very difficult job pretty solidly.

Agree....think media handling is a massively important skill these days.

Always loved Wilders passion and emotion. When we were winning CW just oozed confidence and drive, he galvanised the fanbase and turned this club into a juggernaut. However when things are going badly for Wilder, the anger and pain is written on his face and he eventually starts looking ill.
Also Wilder is great for a quote.....he's almost like a (Pompey style) fan and tells things how it is....when we play poorly he criticises the team in public.
Personally I prefer the Wilder, Bassett, Simon Jordan, Pompey style. Opinionated, pulls no punches but able to back up their arguments with reason.

However the world seems to have changed, a more softly softly Southgate approach is needed with many players.
This is where Hecky excels, regards his public persona, he always keeps things calm, vague almost secretive.
Unlike most fans on this forum Hecky never gets high when we win and never gets low when we lose.
Hecky is always careful not to ever negatively criticise the players in public.
Notice how in the last SUTV interview, he's still incredibly supportive of and seemingly pleased with Berges contribution.

IIRC we had six strikers in the squad when Wider splashed big money on Brewster? People have been saying for a long time that we needed midfield strengthening, and pre Ahmedhodzic, we needed centre backs?
Wilder had the chance to prove himself with the squad he built, but relegation from the EPL was too hard for him to swallow.
Slav couldn’t do it, so they told PH to do it. Too late to change horses at this stage, and no one except Fallowfield things it’s a good idea.

Close this thread now and move on.

Agree....think media handling is a massively important skill these days.

Always loved Wilders passion and emotion. When we were winning CW just oozed confidence and drive, he galvanised the fanbase and turned this club into a juggernaut. However when things are going badly for Wilder, the anger and pain is written on his face and he eventually starts looking ill.
Also Wilder is great for a quote.....he's almost like a (Pompey style) fan and tells things how it is....when we play poorly he criticises the team in public.
Personally I prefer the Wilder, Bassett, Simon Jordan, Pompey style. Opinionated, pulls no punches but able to back up their arguments with reason.

However the world seems to have changed, a more softly softly Southgate approach is needed with many players.
This is where Hecky excels, regards his public persona, he always keeps things calm, vague almost secretive.
Unlike most fans on this forum Hecky never gets high when we win and never gets low when we lose.
Hecky is always careful not to ever negatively criticise the players in public.
Notice how in the last SUTV interview, he's still incredibly supportive of and seemingly pleased with Berges contribution.

All of which is valid especially Hecky's support of Berge. He wouldn't be a good manager if he publicly criticised one of his own unless he'd recklessly lost us a match. A current manager should be reduced to 'improving' and 'positive' comments, even when we lose. That is the remit. It's up to us as non-committed supporters to criticise and praise because we have that levity.

pommpey

I agree he is having to put up with a lot of grief and uncertainty from the board .He has one arm tied behind his back fighting to get the club back to the Prem .

It would appear the fallowfiled curse strikes again

Wilder 🔜 Watford
Dyche ✅ Everton
Corberan ✅ WBA

It would appear that people in the football industry are listening to my suggestions in regards to managers

Why oh why oh why has no one come in for Sir Gareth of Heckingbottom maybe he just ain’t that good

BREAKING: Chris Wilder has agreed a short-term deal to take over at Watford until the end of the season.

At Arsenal, Top of the Premiership. Don't be fooled. Their defence and midfield is a world apart from United's and the chances for him to make fuck ups are reduced significantly.

For us he was a fucking nightmare

pommpey
He does ride his luck somewhat but it won't last, watch this space....

He does ride his luck somewhat but it won't last, watch this space....

He wasn’t and he doesn’t

He is a top level goalkeeper which is why he is number one at the best team in the country

Wilder 🔜 Watford
Dyche ✅ Everton
Corberan ✅ WBA

It would appear that people in the football industry are listening to my suggestions in regards to managers

Why oh why oh why has no one come in for Sir Gareth of Heckingbottom maybe he just ain’t that good.
Because he has a job he'd have to be bought out of. Your suggestions didn't when they were appointed.

It would appear the fallowfiled curse strikes again

Wilder 🔜 Watford
Dyche ✅ Everton
Corberan ✅ WBA

Why oh why oh why has no one come in for Sir Gareth of Heckingbottom maybe he just ain’t that good.
Yes.
Also possible that, unlike the three you mention, he’s not out of work.

Bugger. I’ve been sucked in.

Watford doing what good clubs/owners do changing managers when before it’s gone completely wrong

People make out Watford don’t have a clue what’s going on cause they sack managers

How many years have they had in the Prem for a club there size

Back
Top Bottom