Wilderback

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you take wilder back ?

• Yes

Votes: 72 19.5%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Fuck off fallowfield

Votes: 206 55.7%

• Total voters
What a frankly stupid, juvenile argument. Hecky didn't want the job. And Wilder had burned Wilderball into the players so much that the players couldn't play any other way. Which is why they do even today. Which is a good 50% of our problem, in fact.

Hecky didn’t want the job 😂😂😂

So why did he take it 3 months later then ?
Oh, I don't know. Maybe my periodic offerings garner praise and criticism, maybe I know more about United and football than you do. Maybe I don't talk out of my arse quite so much. Maybe I'm not as desperate for attention.

You want as much attention as I do as per your post match ramblings Portsmouth
Attackers now? Not forwards? So, not Jebbo, McFallowfield or that other bloke you hate who wins awards and is 37 and still delivering
you can add them to the list if you like

Wilder was great for us for 90 percent of his time here. He had a poor second premier league season and we went down with a whimper which is forgivable.

Wilder's record at Bramall Lane

Dates: 12 May 2016 to 13 March 2021

Games - 227
Won - 106
Drawn - 47
Lost - 74

Win Percentage - 46.7% (which is worse than Clough and Wilson)

Do expand on the 'great for us 90%' again for me Rifleman

I won't forget the great times and thank Wilder for that, but on balance they were offset by a frankly embarrassing and shameful final season. All of that was his making and from the time the Wolves winger skipped past a despairing Lundstram on the John Street side and ran on to cross for Jiminez, he fucking failed badly to do anything to stop the rot until he was ingloriously invited to fuck off with four big ones in his pocket.

pommpey

Hecky didn’t want the job 😂😂😂

So why did he take it 3 months later then ?

Because we were in trouble. And he was offered a better deal

You want as much attention as I do as per your post match ramblings Portsmouth

Maybe. But then again, I have my critics and quite a few who agree with me. You have a few relatives who post agreeably and your bot accounts. Aside from that it's neat dogshit tipped into your Horlicks from almost everyone.

you can add them to the list if you like

The fuck does that mean, Cleatus?

Option three (that's REALLY fucking backfired on you now, hasn't it?)

pommpey

Can you explain to me what bit of what I have said that you disagree with ?

Like most on here you don’t offer an opinion just the usual insults it’s called a football forum because it’s a forum for discussion
Sorry mate, I was out of order.

I just don’t think Wilder would be the answer, plus a lot of fans won’t back him in the same way as before, and maybe even some people f he players will have lost a bit of respect for him.

I also think Heckingbottom has improved greatly as a manager and the players respect him a lot. He’s organised and meticulous in his approach, and talks sense. He doesn’t get grumpy and doesn’t have an ego. I’d rather we see it out with him, he deserves that at least.

Sorry mate, I was out of order.

I just don’t think Wilder would be the answer, plus a lot of fans won’t back him in the same way as before, and maybe even some people f he players will have lost a bit of respect for him.

I also think Heckingbottom has improved greatly as a manager and the players respect him a lot. He’s organised and meticulous in his approach, and talks sense. He doesn’t get grumpy and doesn’t have an ego. I’d rather we see it out with him, he deserves that at least.

I dont think wilder is the manager that we had in the prem season his stick has massiveley fallen maybe he can only do it at the lane who knows

What i will say is if we dont go up and are looking for a new manager in our situation there certainly isnt one better than wilder about

I respect paul and he isnt a bad manager but sometimes you need to get grumpy and call out a bad performance we have been average for months and he trotts out the same post match interview if he says that to the players no wonder the performanxe level has stayed average

Of course he wont be sacked but i would if i was chairman

Because we were in trouble. And he was offered a better deal

Maybe. But then again, I have my critics and quite a few who agree with me. You have a few relatives who post agreeably and your bot accounts. Aside from that it's neat dogshit tipped into your Horlicks from almost everyone.

The fuck does that mean, Cleatus?

Option three (that's REALLY fucking backfired on you now, hasn't it?)

pommpey

So your telling me heckys better deal was to manage the u23's ?

Make that make sense

It's club mentality that's the problem, Not Hecky, Not Slav, not Wilder, not even Billy McEwan.

The clubs mentality is to "Do the minimum requirement" whether that's a promotion season or a survival season.

It's the reason why so many unbelievable failures happen.

If you try to achieve the minimum and miss out, you've nowhere left to go.

And if your goal is to achieve the minimum the stress and pressure on everybody is much more intense, leading to more and more blips as the minimum aim gets closer
Sheffield United summed up exactly in a few words.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Wilder was exposed as a fraud. He knew one tactic, and when teams cottoned on he didn't have a clue.

Not to mention spaffing money away like a scrubber who wins the lottery and ends up back on the bins three years later. Klopp had his kegs down when he sold Brewster

I don’t think this squad would play for Wilder anymore the way some people think they would.
Besides which, Hecky is totally capable of seeing us into the autos.
hecky is capable of getting us to automatic promotion but i have serious concerns that he just wont be good enough for the premier league certainly imo we will come straight back down if he continues with these tactics he has to be more adaptable

hecky is capable of getting us to automatic promotion but i have serious concerns that he just wont be good enough for the premier league certainly imo we will come straight back down if he continues with these tactics he has to be more adaptable
Very possible. But I’d give him the opportunity. Not out of sentiment, but because every option is a gamble, and I think he will have earned the chance.

Osborn is a wing back, not a midfielder. Sometimes players are selected out of position. Needs must.
N’diaye is an attacking midfielder. Not a centre forward. You are very thick.

Do you not think he is trying to get the best out of what he has, aging squad, some players not up to it, some players look as though they don't want to be at BDBL, not an easy job for anybody!

Osborn is a wing back, not a midfielder. Sometimes players are selected out of position. Needs must.
N’diaye is an attacking midfielder. Not a centre forward. You are very thick.

I’ve said plenty of times he is been played out of position as a striker

Berge / Ndiaye should play behind mcburnie

Why did ndiaye play as a striker on saturday then

You know nowt baldy

And I paraphrase:
It’s 11:56pm on a Sunday night and your insulting people you have never met on the internet

I hope your week improves FallowfieldBlade

Yes. a very brief period. One that led to 22 defeats and us relegated. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

When he took over, we'd lost eight of our opening games up to November on a form that would eventually see us scrapping out the second period of the season in the lower half of the division. Heckingbottom got us turned round and up into the playoff contendership. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

But on form basis we would never have reached the playoffs. Anyone with a UEFA B licence could see the 4-2-3-1 system he wanted us to play wasn't working. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

NDaiye (an Attacking Midfielder), Berge (signed in a Defensive Midfielder role) and Gibbs-White (another 'number ten')

Three of the best forwards? Are you purposefully talking bollocks that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

And it happened. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

But made the playoffs. Are you purposefully glossing over that, or are you just simply stupid? There is no 'middle ground' to take on that.

Every time, every statement and every gesture you make on this messageboard to either stir controversy or generate debate ends up with you looking like an even bigger chopper. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. You know fuck all about football and fuck all about United. All you are is a 'a fan' and in that a pretty stupid one. S24SU isn't fertile ground for you Fallowfield. You are widely mocked and reviled and no amount of further utterances from that empty melon of yours can convince anyone otherwise. I'd credit you with being a troll ... but usually trolls are more intelligent and nuanced. Besides, if you were, it would be obvious by now. What is apparent is that you are desperate and cretinous in equal measures. Hassenthul? Wilder? Fat Sam? Forget it. Even if we fuck up and fail, it aint gonna happen, let alone on your recommendation.

Option three.

pommpey
Dont be fooled by fallowfield being apparently simply stupid. When really beneath that facade , he actually is SERIOUSLY stupid!!
Option three for me too.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Wilder was exposed as a fraud. He knew one tactic, and when teams cottoned on he didn't have a clue.

Not to mention spaffing money away like a scrubber who wins the lottery and ends up back on the bins three years later. Klopp had his kegs down when he sold Brewster

Hi Stegosaurus

You are entirely correct on all aspects there.

Many other manager had our pants down too.

Fallowfield and his relatives have zero explanation about the totally shit transfer policy Wilder and Knill demonstrated. Yet they want him back to go up and repeat the act with new PL money in the kitty. I wouldn't trust Wilder to buy an apple.

pommpey

And I paraphrase:
It’s 11:56pm on a Sunday night and your insulting people you have never met on the internet

I hope your week improves FallowfieldBlade

Dont be fooled by fallowfield being apparently simply stupid. When really beneath that facade , he actually is SERIOUSLY stupid!!
Option three for me too.

Shut up ya baldy

Hi Stegosaurus

You are entirely correct on all aspects there.

Many other manager had our pants down too.

Fallowfield and his relatives have zero explanation about the totally shit transfer policy Wilder and Knill demonstrated. Yet they want him back to go up and repeat the act with new PL money in the kitty. I wouldn't trust Wilder to buy an apple.

pommpey

Every big transfer wilder signed this forum went nuts and they were universally praised by all bar maybe ramsdale and almost every sighing he made would get us straight up if we had a competent manager

Also £20 million on a player in the Prem is peanuts especially when on low Prem wages

Once again you show to be an uneducated football fan Portsmouth

Stick to playing to empty working men’s clubs , maybe you’ll get that A license soon eh

Every big transfer wilder signed this forum went nuts and they were universally praised by all bar maybe ramsdale and almost every sighing he made would get us straight up if we had a competent manager

Also £20 million on a player in the Prem is peanuts especially when on low Prem wages

Stick to playing to empty working men’s clubs , maybe you’ll get that A license soon eh
its a school day today. should nt you be in needlework?

Really? And you have data on that? Wilder signed them, next season we are relegated and went onto play shit until ... Hecky assumed control. The fact that people were enthused is irrelevant when held up to the daylight that says that possibly only Bogle and McBurnie (with snookers) have returned their money.

It's not for a freshly promoted Championship club with a joint chairmanship and limited resources. It may have escaped your goldfish-like attention but with in a few short weeks we broke our record transfer fee four times. Wilder spent over £100m on various bobbar acquisitions. Your Wilder.

Of course I am. I'm being judged by a fucking adolescent. A person who picks first elevens from banned and injured players, claims he has a coaching badge and types posts like he's on spice.

Tremendous stuff, Fallowfield. I'd sack your comedy writer if I were you. You're as funny as child abuse.

pommpey

its a school day today. should nt you be in needlework?

He's 'home schooled'.

There's a vast array of personal insults and humour in that, but I'd feel soiled if I unleashed it.

pommpey

Portsmouth what you’re doing is selecting a very brief period in wilders tenure and I’m sure you know there are plenty of reasons that lead to that mess of a season some in his control and some not

Hecky didn’t take us from the relegation zone to the brink of promotion he isn’t the oracle he has done a decent job but no more and is clearly not good enough infact he is nowhere near good enough

We sacked Slav after we beat reading away and were 6 points off the play offs with 27 games left at the time which is nothing with more than half a season left

It’s utter tosh that he worked miracles last season we had arguably three of the best forwards in the League ndiaye/Berge/mgw
play offs was a minimum with that squad

And we started playing hecky ball boring football towards the end of last season as we scraped the play offs and crawled over the line
Watching Wilder trying to be a pundit at the Spurs game I wouldn't give him a job operating the sprinklers. Looked and sounded like he'd settled on boosting Peronis stock market value single handedly.

Really? And you have data on that? Wilder signed them, next season we are relegated and went onto play shit until ... Hecky assumed control. The fact that people were enthused is irrelevant when held up to the daylight that says that possibly only Bogle and McBurnie (with snookers) have returned their money

Dig up the threads from when we signed them Portsmouth
It's not for a freshly promoted Championship club with a joint chairmanship and limited resources. It may have escaped your goldfish-like attention but with in a few short weeks we broke our record transfer fee four times. Wilder spent over £100m on various bobbar acquisitions. Your Wilder.
Yes it is how much have Bournemouth/Forest/Fulham spent this year you are talking out your arse

He's 'home schooled'.

There's a vast array of personal insults and humour in that, but I'd feel soiled if I unleashed it.

pommpey

What’s wrong with been home schooled Portsmouth ?

I can remember plenty that were a bit nervous about spending that much on a striker when there were question marks hovering over the condition of JOC at the time and these were people that didn't have the inside knowledge Wilder did about his condition.

This is such old ground now but worth going over again. You yourself have referred to the JOC injury having a profound effect on our season. Considering Wilder's rigid system relied on two marauding centre backs, suddenly we were down to one (and arguably the one who wasn't quite as good as it) and without a replacement, were even more predictable and easy to neutralize. So that would have been an excellent position to perhaps spend to get a replacement for, right? One that could play at least a bit like JOC considering that during the transfer window, Wilder would have been told that the even absolute best case scenario was JOC would be out for most of the season.

He didn't do that. He spent on the luxury of an expensive forward and then asked for more where it was quite obvious there wouldn't be any.

I’ve said plenty of times he is been played out of position as a striker

Berge / Ndiaye should play behind mcburnie
That bears no relation to the point you made. If you insist on being a dipstick, don’t move the goalposts shithead! N’diaye is NOT a centre forward.

Back
Top Bottom