A good game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
The first 70 minutes we played well and were a match for Man Utd. Unfortunately our squad is weaker and it caught up with us. Wes man of the match and needs to remain there for the rest of the season. Arblaster, Bogle, Holgate in particular had a decent game. I can accept a defeat if the players are playing with the right attitude, which hasnt been the case at times.
Being 2-1 up at Old Trafford was a nice feeling! UTB

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240424-211118_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240424-211118_Photos.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44

Just caught a few minutes of Radio5 post-match analysis, and the comnentatator at Old Trafford (didn’t catch his name) was full of praise for the Blades fans - contrasted the quiet apathy of the ManU crowd with the loud and constant noise from the travelling Blades fans, which he thought was remarkable for a club in our dire position.

This season I have been embarrassed and angry about how we played, tonight i am not too bothered, we did OK, we showed some positives, certain players showed why they should be somewhere else next season.
Wilder will stay but I hope to god he sees sense and has a bloody good clear out.
Wes, Arblaster, bogle, Diaz did well. I hope we can keep keep them....

The first 70 minutes we played well and were a match for Man Utd. Unfortunately our squad is weaker and it caught up with us. Wes man of the match and needs to remain there for the rest of the season. Arblaster, Bogle, Holgate in particular had a decent game. I can accept a defeat if the players are playing with the right attitude, which hasnt been the case at times.
Being 2-1 up at Old Trafford was a nice feeling! UTB

Thought Holgate was really poor. Booked, miskicked one to let them in and let Maguire score easily on the first.

Thought Holgate was really poor. Booked, miskicked one to let them in and let Maguire score easily on the first.
My mistake perhaps but I thought he was decent. I hadn't spotted he was at fault for Maguire's goal though.

The worst of the back 3 tonight but not poor imo. It was a good decision from him to take the booking, and dealing with Maguire for someone his size is always going to be tough.

My mistake perhaps but I thought he was decent. I hadn't spotted he was at fault for Maguire's goal though.
There was one when it was 0-0 and he just stopped and put his hands on hips in the middle of our box just as they were about to cross, he’s not even pretending to try.

Just arrived home after long delay on m62. Enjoyed the game apart from the foul mouthed youth and his friend who were adjacent to me. Had vape blowing in my face for the whole game (on and off) apart from the time after we scored in the first half, until after we scored the 2nd in the second half - when they disappeared to top up with alcohol or maybe something else.

Just caught a few minutes of Radio5 post-match analysis, and the comnentatator at Old Trafford (didn’t catch his name) was full of praise for the Blades fans - contrasted the quiet apathy of the ManU crowd with the loud and constant noise from the travelling Blades fans, which he thought was remarkable for a club in our dire position.
Yeh but the pigs took 7,000 to Ewood and the noise caused an earthquake in the Trough of Bowland

There was one when it was 0-0 and he just stopped and put his hands on hips in the middle of our box just as they were about to cross, he’s not even pretending to try.
We should not go for shorty Holgate - we need a physically dominant CB like Morgan or JoC which we haven't had for ages - a 6'3" version of JLT.
It's no good having all 3 CBs barely scraping 6 foot or being tall but weak like Anel & Trusty.
We can't defend corners and if , as I hope , McBurnie has gone , we need one big tough lad to take on the opposition monster.

Despite the errors, at this point I was just happy to see us in a competitive game where we didn’t get smashed to pieces
And yet we still concede four, doesn't suprise or shock anyone now, it's become normal sadly.

Holgate did have a very decent game. Played Maguire offside for his goal ;)
I’m not 100% sure he did, I think Holgate is a decent player but they got around us so many times on his side. He also attempted to clear a through ball in the second half and ended up playing their lad through. For me it was a 5.5/6 out of 10 performance

If anyone was to blame it was trusty for not blocking the cross and playing everyone on side, but I wouldn't really "blame" anyone for a goal like that. It was a great cross and great header.

I don't think we were particularly better or worse than most recent games. The difference was we had a keeper who could make saves and keep the game alive longer

Holgate did have a very decent game. Played Maguire offside for his goal ;)
Yes, did anyone else think Maguire looked offside for his first goal
very noticeable that the magic lines didn't come out for this one

Also, the pen was very much a ManU pen don’t think we would have got it

Decent game shows but the limitations of the squad. We can frequently give the opposition a game, but after 70m as soon as we have to make subs, we are blown away

Nice to score two goals and stay in the game until later on but let's be honest, Wes made a number of saves and our defence was keystone cops at times.

We conceded four and it could have been a number more.

Our expectations are on the floor now and we're clutching at anything.

Those of us at St James's this weekend might be grateful for being so far away from the pitch not to properly witness our relegation :(

Really enjoyed the game last night. (apart from the last 10 mins.
Went thinking, "as long as it's less then 4-0 and a decent performance, then it'll be fine!?!"
We went ahead twice, sang all the way through the game. It was brilliant. A bit hoarse today.
Sat at work this morning in Manchester in a small office with 3 Manure fans. They've actually all been quite respectful (ish).
Watched their ground emptying after their 4th goal. Bizarre. They're spoilt.
Probably my favourite game this season.
You're always biased when watching your own team, but it felt to me that the ref was fair, when the game was level, but each time we went ahead he seemed to change and give them silly decisions. The free-kick given just outside the box, that led to their goal was comical (although I didn't laugh at all, just swore at lot, at the roof, and the floor!?!
Haven't watch the highlights yet - just about to, but to re-iterate what someone has already said on here this morning, in a different thread, we just dont do the tactical cheating that all other EPL sides do, very effectively. I would rather that we didn't, but can't bring myself to believ its the right way. I hate it, but thats the way the game is. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and all that.
There was a moment early on in the game where Garnacho went rolling/spinning into our box, after the slightest of touches, as though he'd been snippered (as is the norm for EPL payers. Later in the second half nearly exactly the same situation, reversed, but our player slid, got up and ran back.

Back
Top Bottom