Who's improved?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kieron Wallace looked much improved prior to his injury.

Coutts has been better but still not consistent.

Long has improved significantly

McGahey has come on a little further as you would expect at his age. Could say the same for Adams & Whiteman.

You could also make a case for McEveley, maybe even Flynn but he does that at the end of his contract.

Sharp has been good all season and Basham has been decent (like last season bar the first few games).

Others have stagnated/ gone backwards/ had poor seasons (Reed, Scougall, McNulty, Freeman, Done, Brayford, Harris stand out as disappointments along with the obvious Baxter).

Do you really think Adams has shown consistent improvement. IMO he has gone backwards.

Adams is difficult to judge. Last season I think he started about 2 or 3 games where he was very ordinary and had a couple of very good cameos from the bench. He was also wide in a 451/433 where as now he’s playing as a proper centre forward.

I’d say he has shown some improvement and is becoming a little more consistent as the season wears on. It’s just that a lot of us were hoping those explosive cameos from the bench last season might have been the norm this season. But 12 goals (I think) for a 19 year old isn’t bad going.

When people were calling for him to be in the first team last season Clough said that he hadn’t been pulling up any trees in the U21s so I’d say he has improved somewhat.

Very few, but to answer the post (IMHO)

Long - got better - still have doubts
McEv - tad better than last, (just goes to show - not a CH, better in a 3, and not as a LB) - would still get rid.
Basham - tad better - does a good job seeing as both Clough and Adkins keep changing his role/position. Just gets on with it.
Coutts - much better than last season - lets hope it continues. Never a right sided in a 4 - better in a 3 as seen recently - but FFS, we ideally need him working in a 4, not a 5.
Adams - has added certain things to his game, gone backwards in others - seems to have lost a yard in pace - not good for playing up top.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom