Creating success

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Need4speed

Reaction score
Kieran Maguire asked ChatGPT - which is basically Artificial Intelligence to devise a strategy to create a successful Premier League football club/team This resulted is detailed below ( but you can skip reading that bit if you want and go to my main point at the bottom
  1. Strategic Recruitment: Invest in talented players with diverse skills, emphasising teamwork and adaptability.
  2. Youth Development: Establish a robust youth academy to nurture homegrown talent, ensuring a sustainable pipeline of skilled players.
  3. Tactical Flexibility: Hire a skilled manager who can adapt tactics based on the team’s strengths and exploit opponents weaknesses.
  4. Sports Science and Fitness: Prioritise player fitness and injury prevention through advanced sports science, enhancing performance over the long season.
  5. Scouting Network: Develop an extensive scouting network to identify emerging talents globally and gain a competitive edge in player acquisition.
  6. Community Engagement: Foster strong connections with the local community to build a passionate fan base, increasing revenue and creating a supportive atmosphere.
  7. Financial Prudence: Maintain a sustainable financial model, avoiding over reliance on external investment and adhering to financial fair play regulations.
  8. Infrastructure Investment: Upgrade training facilities & stadium infrastructure to attract top players & provide a conducive environment for development.
  9. Brand Building: Cultivate a strong club identity $ market the team globally to enhance commercial opportunities & sponsorship.
  10. Continuous Improvement: Foster a culture of continuous improvement both on and off the field to stay competitive in the evolving football landscape.
I don’t think there is a lot to disagree with here , although you might want to add and amend. In fact I am sure there are a lot of football fans that could have written this.
My point is does the Sheffield United Board, owner and CEO have such a overall mission statement. If so what is it and shouldn’t this be shared with the clubs supporters.
Secondly what are the short, medium & long term concrete plans to achieve the overall mission? Why can’t these be published and progress reported to the fans on an annual basis?

At this moment in time a lot of blades supporters are quite rightly focussed on the current team management and whether the current management team is able to get the best out of the players at their disposal. That should always be a consideration and subject to review. But the majority of the points above can’t be the responsibility of the manager alone. There should be the same level of scrutiny on the CEO and board and our owner should be more accountable to the supporters.

Back
Top Bottom