What would fix this for you?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only a miracle could fix this mess…

1. We’ve lost the characters that knitted the team spirit together.
2. We lost the creative sparks that led to goals
3. The new signings are inexperienced and haven’t had time to gel with the rest of the squad
4. There is a general lack of confidence and a deflated atmosphere.

Watching Heck’s and McCall’s body language vs Stuttgart was extremely worrying. They really have an uphill battle to try and produce a competitive team.

It was all predictable by the Prince’s dead eye expression at the end of last season in what should have been a joyous moment.
The club / Prince is in a crippling financial hole that only a fire sale of assets could improve.

But hey…..miracles do happen, right?

Not in fuckin Sheffield they don't. :mad: Sometimes, Sheffield United is a bastard of a club.

With a 5 year deal and no expectations from him in the PL . No way would he walk away from that, where does he go to get a better deal.
Or a better job he wouldn't quit not a chance if they sack him he has a get out of jail free card .you sold the best players I'm working with scraps .. UTB

Souza(perm)
Doyle (perm)
Tillman (perm)
Akpom (perm)
Archer (loan)
Palmer (loan)

All need to be in before Saturday. No point coming at all if we get off to a bad start just stash the money for the championship
This, barring Tillman (that one is dead in the water, PSV innit) and adding in O'Brien. McAtee instead of Archer.

That's what I'd want, we'll get nowt of the sort.

Berge replacement for 10m.
Ndiaye replacement for 15m.
Sign Souza.
Loan another Striker.

Can’t see it though.
You cant replace berge for 10 mil and you cant replace ili for 15 mil i get what your saying but the squad will be weaker without them whatever we bring in, even when ili left i held a little hope bit with berge gone aswell the only quality player i see in our squad is anel at the moment, and any new signing this week wont be ready for palace 😑 the midfield 3 on saturday is going to be painful to watch

Prince sells up to some billionaire who isn't involved in sports washing/organised crime/Elon Musk.

We nip in for Kane at the 11th hour and he turns down Bayern.

Ndiaye realises he's homesick and can't get bog standard Swedish flat pack furniture in the south of France so signs back on for us.

Alternatively we'll start with a midfield of Norwood, Slimane and Ben fucking Osborn and get turned over by 3 or 4 goals by a bang average Palace side.

I know what my moneys on 😫
Something in between ?

Free booze for anyone booked in the BLUT on Saturday

Well if we get around 10-12mill for Berge 15 mill rising to 20 for Iliman and then let’s say the 20 mill was true for the original budget we have aprox 5-6 mill left after the 4 that’s come in to date.

So roughly let’s say as minimum that’s 30 mill I would bring Akpom for 8 mill what’s been reported then O’Brien for 10 mill and try to get Gus Hamer for less than 10 mill.

I’d also use our 2 domestic loans for either 2 CAMs or x1 CAM and x1 keeper and depending on the above use a foreign loan or a free transfer to get competition in for Wes and maybe another defender cover for Egan as a loan or free unless we have some budget left.

The above happens which I appreciate is a long shot I think they’re all realistic and would soften the blows a bit and we’d have half a chance.

Fans need to be on it like never before this season! UTB

Souza (perm)
Archer (Loan)
Tillman or similarly exciting flair player prospect (perm)
Palmer (loan)
LCM (perm)
RCM (perm)
Developmental CB (perm)

We were told we had 20 million to spend in this window and the fees for Ndiaye and Berge should add another 25-30 million to that. So a total transfer kitty of 45-50 million.

We've spent 10 million-ish so far on Traore, Trusty, and Slimane (and probably a small loan fee for Larouci) which should leave 35 million to spend. I think it's reasonable to expect three or four permanent signings who have the potential to contribute to us staying up this year or, failing that, will have resale value or the ability to contribute in the Championship next season. That should leave enough for a couple of excellent loans.

If we do that business it will partly make up for losing Ndiaye and Berge.

New owner.
Nothing else.

Nobody, and I mean nobody who could pass the fit and proper test could possibly make this much of a mess of it.
I doubt the prince would pass it for a start.

Wouldn’t trust that a single player they have “identified” is going to be up to the required levels to make us even mildly competitive in games against the likes of Luton, never mind any of the top 10 sides.
So if he goes I’d settle for that, not arsed about another player rocking up, at least the kids will learn to swim a bit faster and he’s gone.

Start again next season.

Can only register another 5 I think? Maybe 6 if Fleck is discounted.

I'd take Souza, OBrien (not my first choice but we're desperate), Tillman, Akpom and Palmer

I would love to see Mcatee and Doyle but I am fed up of hearing the “bring them home shite” they will struggle in this group in the Prem as would most to be fair. Bring in top end championship players as that is the team we are at the moment and that is we’re we will be next season as it stands.

Only real hope I have is that some one comes in with a decent bid for contract catering company at Lane and they have to fuck off somewhere else. Replacement……….any fucker

Can only register another 5 I think? Maybe 6 if Fleck is discounted.

I'd take Souza, OBrien (not my first choice but we're desperate), Tillman, Akpom and Palmer
Of course if any of the incoming loans or perms are 21 or under then they don’t need to be registered

By my count we’d have 21 squad players eligible for registration but given the injury situation we’re unlikely to register Fleck and RND so that’s down to 19. Coulibaly and Bogle? Who knows but it doesn’t sound like we’re expecting either back anytime soon so it could be as low as 17.

Even if we get a couple back quickly it’s reasonable to assume we have about 6 slots free and that’s including Amissah our third choice keeper as a registered player so potentially one more if needed. And of course we could always sign players under the age of 21.

Squad registration slots is not an excuse to not sign players. Hopefully it won’t be peddled as one for PR purposes.

Waking up and realising it’s all a dream 😊
I'll develop this one a bit;
it's the morning after the West Brom game and promotion has been assured!
I've got the mother of all headaches but you guys are not going to believe this insane nightmare I just had!

I'll develop this one a bit;
it's the morning after the West Brom game and promotion has been assured!
I've got the mother of all headaches but you guys are not going to believe this insane nightmare I just had!
🙈oh no! It wasn’t a nightmare after all! We got promoted, sold our better players, team nowhere near as good as the one against West Brom, club run like a non league outfit and financial disaster on the horizon. Thank god you’ve reassured me 8lade

If we do manage to turn over a bang average Palace, it will feel like we’ve won the Champions league.

what do we need, a chuffin miracle. even ted lasso would struggle to believe at the moment

this reminds me of homer simpsons climbing the murderhorn

This, barring Tillman (that one is dead in the water, PSV innit) and adding in O'Brien. McAtee instead of Archer.

That's what I'd want, we'll get nowt of the sort.

Very little chance of Doyle from what one hears, too.

Also, we wouldn't be allowed to loan both McAtee and Palm

Even in the very best scenario, we bring in 4 or 5 players that we're generally happy with as a fanbase, we're looking at the possibility of having a brand new front 5 with the exception of McB.

That's going to take time even with really good players.

Back
Top Bottom