Wes first goal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
Shocking. He’s so fucking shit at times it’s unreal.

Hope Grbic is the second coming of Gordon Banks, god knows we need it.

Next season we won’t need a highlight reel show stopper but we will need someone who can actually command his area and give his defenders some confidence.

As low percentage as making the save might be, he offered their player the front post and just fell backwards. He essentially covered nothing.
He was just standing on the line. Compare that to Areola who made himself big all game.

The Wes bashing is just fucking rotten. Are we going to say he’s shit every time we concede a goal? Is he shit when he makes good saves as well or wins save of the month? We’ve conceded more shots than most clubs in europe. Until those numbers come down then we will concede goals.

Shocking. He’s so fucking shit at times it’s unreal.

Hope Grbic is the second coming of Gordon Banks, god knows we need it.

Next season we won’t need a highlight reel show stopper but we will need someone who can actually command his area and give his defenders some confidence.
Looked in real time to me that it was pretty close to him too, as he got a hand or 2 to it and was just weak wristed and that he should have done better.

He seems to be getting worse by the week, 2 awful passes out today and the miscommunication with Brooks? In the first half where he hooked it out for a cor er both no one around him only wes.... not to mentioned that 2nd half walk abouts he tried doing, going into no man's land when RND? Had got the ball towards the corner (no need to come out).

The Wes bashing is just fucking rotten. Are we going to say he’s shit every time we concede a goal? Is he shit when he makes good saves as well or wins save of the month? We’ve conceded more shots than most clubs in europe. Until those numbers come down then we will concede goals.
He did nothing to prevent that goal. At all. Do you think that’s acceptable?

And we’ve conceded more goals than anyone in Europe, having him in net isn’t helping matters.

Again though, he covered nothing at all. At least throw yourself in the obvious direction?

Though I appreciate guarding against it just becoming the default pile on. Marking also an issue for the goal

Looked in real time to me that it was pretty close to him too, as he got a hand or 2 to it and was just weak wristed and that he should have done better.

He seems to be getting worse by the week, 2 awful passes out today and the miscommunication with Brooks? In the first half where he hooked it out for a cor er both no one around him only wes.... not to mentioned that 2nd half walk abouts he tried doing, going into no man's land when RND? Had got the ball towards the corner (no need to come out).
Standard procedure from him. It’s a goal costing mistake a week and a couple others to boot where he puts the defenders in shit.

He needs dropping ASAP, I’d even consider giving Amissah a chance to sink or swim if we can’t get Grbic sorted

He seems like a man who knows he is being replaced.

Wes was poor again today, particularly the first half. I didnt see the first goal well so can't see if it was his fault. Hopefully played his last game for us today.

He's not cut out for this level. But blaming him for this one is unfair
Really?
Any keeper worth his salt should have tracked the ball as it was deflected and closed down both the player and the huge gap he had left at his near post, schoolboy error I'm afraid.
When the shot did come in Wes was almost still rooted and flat footed to the same spot he was stood in before.

Whoever it was that made a pathetic attempt to tackle Ings in the middle of our box or whoever it was that allowed Cornet to have a free shot on goal from 6 yards out?
Cornet having a shot while Wes was stood on his line was a highlight

Cornet having a shot while Wes was stood on his line was a highlight

In the split second that the chance comes about are you really expecting Wes to come off his line?

Do the other players I mentioned not get any blame?

Whoever it was that made a pathetic attempt to tackle Ings in the middle of our box or whoever it was that allowed Cornet to have a free shot on goal from 6 yards out?
Think that was Hamer, whoever it was it was so, so bad. Hamer also legged himself and Ings up in the second half for the pen. Going OT here but it was like the spirit of Norwood possessed Hamer for the game - he cost us 2 goals against and wasted at least 2 good attacking free kicks! Still looks overweight too. The leser spotted Tom Davies probably replaces him in the team if/when fit.

Most of our complaints about Wes has been his shocking distribution,slow is being polite, but today it was very good, knowing a new keeper is coming in? Management having a go In training? Big improvement today.

In the split second that the chance comes about are you really expecting Wes to come off his line?

Do the other players I mentioned not get any blame?
Yes, Wes should have been on the move and closing the player and angle down, that's his bread n butter.
His reaction to this situation was non existent other that to turn slightly on the same spot and then fall backwards with little attempt to stop the shot.

In Sunday league footy as a youngster your told, keep hold of your man and you don't get the blame.

Who kept hold of Cornet?

He's absolutely not good enough for this level though. I wanted him replaced in summer but understood limited funds were better used elsewhere.. At the time..

In Sunday league footy as a youngster your told, keep hold of your man and you don't get the blame.

Who kept hold of Cornet?
Dunno, but once you realise he’s on his own don’t you come out and close the angles? He stood there and waited for him to shoot for an eternity.

Back
Top Bottom