Vini Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I haven't disliked many players over my time watching United. A few from the league 1 seasons and late era Lunny.

I hate Vini Souza. I hate his lack of effort, his constant pointing at players who run past him, his pathetic attempts at marking, his berating of other players, his passing, his "I should be playing for Brazil" attitude.

If the one thing that comes out today is that I never see him in a United shirt again, I'll look back on this as one of my favourite games this season.

I wouldn't have known he was playing today if I didn't see him being subbed off, that said if Wilder thinks the way to rectify an anonymous midfield is to just yank Souza, bring on an equally anonymous striker and presumably try to bypass midfield completely, then good luck with that

He was annoyed at the time with Souza and I’m pretty sure he said it in the presser afterwards.

The fact Norwood is barely getting on the pitch and rightly so, is a sign he thinks Norwood is done.

He doesn’t need to tell anyone down the Lescar.
I wonder how many of his own shortcomings he shared🤔.
Hmmm thought not.

I haven't disliked many players over my time watching United. A few from the league 1 seasons and late era Lunny.

I hate Vini Souza. I hate his lack of effort, his constant pointing at players who run past him, his pathetic attempts at marking, his berating of other players, his passing, his "I should be playing for Brazil" attitude.

If the one thing that comes out today is that I never see him in a United shirt again, I'll look back on this as one of my favourite games this season.
I don't want to see him play another minute. Same with Norwood

If Wilder is willing to play our best LWB Larouci then we at least have the Hamer / Arblaster / Osborn midfield option, which should be the default for the rest of the season

Brooks and Peck should be next in line

I’m surprised no one has been on with his tackling stats yet to back him up… absolute garbage

Ha funny enough he did win the most tackles (3 out of 4), he also had the highest accurate pass % for us (96%)

Howeverrrrrrr..... he had 2nd least amount of touches, 2nd least amount of passes played and none of them were key passes.

As mentioned previously, out of possession he is okay'ish, but when we are in possession he basically becomes a passenger.

Ha funny enough he did win the most tackles (3 out of 4), he also had the highest accurate pass % for us (96%)

Howeverrrrrrr..... he had 2nd least amount of touches, 2nd least amount of passes played and none of them were key passes.

As mentioned previously, out of possession he is okay'ish, but when we are in possession he basically becomes a passenger.
This was him out of possession today against Berge

While not wanting to give Souza a pass for being limited in possession, how much of that is on the coaching, game planning and the other players to organise things so we can best work to what he can actually do? It's not just Souza here, I lost track of the amount of times where any of the back five were just lumping it forward aimlessly because they had nobody offering themselves for an easy pass

He made a lovely pass straight out for a throw in first half. Managed to disect both their defence and our attack with one simple ball.

He‘s done that repeatedly, on and off, all season. Often enough for it now to be on my match-day shit-show bingo card.

It always seems to be someone else’s fault too.

He’d be in the national side if he didn’t play in a team where he is significantly to blame for them never keeping the ball.

Indefensible today. Should’ve been off in the first half.

Grbic, Trusty and Anel as well
I'd add Hamer to the list too. Decent with the ball but the way he walks when we're out of possession is criminal.

The old Wilder would just not allow this level of laziness. What was it he said in that interview? Running around is a given. Well not to this fucking team it isn't.

I don't want to see him play another minute. Same with Norwood

If Wilder is willing to play our best LWB Larouci then we at least have the Hamer / Arblaster / Osborn midfield option, which should be the default for the rest of the season

Brooks and Peck should be next in line
Peck was doing a session in front of us just before kick off. Looks a unit.

I'd have him and Arblaster in centre mid trying to figure out he world for the next few games. They'll be the fulcrum of the team next season.

I'd add Hamer to the list too. Decent with the ball but the way he walks when we're out of possession is criminal.

The old Wilder would just not allow this level of laziness. What was it he said in that interview? Running around is a given. Well not to this fucking team it isn't.

Probably knackered because he's doing the work of about 4 players. Of all the players to knock today Hamer is not one of then.

Probably knackered because he's doing the work of about 4 players. Of all the players to knock today Hamer is not one of then.
Got to be objective. He was one of the laziest players on the pitch first half, especially out of possession. Second half, he came out with a rocket up his arse, but obviously that's why he broke down as he doesn't have the legs to play midfield in the PL.

By all means, he wasn't in the top of wank players today, and he scored a great goal, but make no mistake he's a big part of our current problem when we don't have possession.

I agree on the running. But as I’ve said before Hamer seems to run himself into the ground in games. Not sure what the problem is with him, but seems to struggle to recover… seems more high energy for his bulk.

I agree on the running. But as I’ve said before Hamer seems to run himself into the ground in games. Not sure what the problem is with him, but seems to struggle to recover… seems more high energy for his bulk.
Could simply be a player that doesn't have the intensity or physicality to play a full 90 at the highest level, at least on a regular basis. While maybe that is something that could be worked on, that isn't a criticism in and of itself - we see in sports like rugby that you have certain positions (primarily the front row) where you never see a player complete a match, because the physical requirements to do so are such that it's nigh on impossible. Why would football be any different, and why would we not gameplan to do something like "ok Gus, just do your thing for 65 then we'll bring Osborn on to press the fuck out of the opposition for the remainder"

Could simply be a player that doesn't have the intensity or physicality to play a full 90 at the highest level, at least on a regular basis. While maybe that is something that could be worked on, that isn't a criticism in and of itself - we see in sports like rugby that you have certain positions (primarily the front row) where you never see a player complete a match, because the physical requirements to do so are such that it's nigh on impossible. Why would football be any different, and why would we not gameplan to do something like "ok Gus, just do your thing for 65 then we'll bring Osborn on to press the fuck out of the opposition for the remainder"
Could be. Others have said previously that when we came from league one, Billy, JOC and Baldock were three that worked on getting leaner and sharper. It worked tremendously - they kept injury free and were physically stronger and faster.

That won’t apply to every player but three I’d question right now are Hamer, Souza and Slimane that all struggle.

As you say, we can plan better. Most planned subs we make are far too late. We rarely make them until after 60 mins but it’s always obvious that players are tiring - not sure what their gps stats show but it might actually prevent injury to haul players off earlier.

Souza was done after 30 mins today and that’s being kind

I agree on the running. But as I’ve said before Hamer seems to run himself into the ground in games. Not sure what the problem is with him, but seems to struggle to recover… seems more high energy for his bubulk.

I'm quite big on sports science and how athletes can achieve optimum performance. I've looked into it and the problem is that he's a fat little fucker

Back
Top Bottom