Vini Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can't remember the last time I saw any footballer being interviewed who:

1) had a genuine smile on his face
2) gave more than just the same old clichés
3) didn't stare at the floor like they are reading notes written by someone else

Good lad 👏👏👏
You just described McBurnie, the vacant gormless facial expression, face downward, trying to recall the script. All alike but not Souza. No bullshit there.

I said from day one Vinnie had summat about him even when he had some really poor games. I'd just about given up on him ever being a success here but the change in management looks to have breathed new life into the guy, that and he seems to be getting up to speed with the Premier league. I can see this guy being a club legend, his enthusiasm is infectious and he is clearly loving playing for us in the Premier League. Hard to pick fault with anything he did on Saturday he was head and shoulder above any other player on the pitch for both sides. Play like that ever week and we have got a star, I think I might have a new favourite, it made my weekend when he drilled the third goal in. ⚔️ ⚔️ ⚔️ 👏👏👏

I said from day one Vinnie had summat about him even when he had some really poor games. I'd just about given up on him ever being a success here but the change in management looks to have breathed new life into the guy, that and he seems to be getting up to speed with the Premier league. I can see this guy being a club legend, his enthusiasm is infectious and he is clearly loving playing for us in the Premier League. Hard to pick fault with anything he did on Saturday he was head and shoulder above any other player on the pitch for both sides. Play like that ever week and we have got a star, I think I might have a new favourite, it made my weekend when he drilled the third goal in. ⚔️ ⚔️ ⚔️ 👏👏👏
Fingers crossed that he hasn't got a relegation get out clause in his contract 🤞

Problem is if we go down, you know the rest!

The BBC website had Tom Davies as MOM (7.44), McAtee (7.36), Archer (7.36) and Brewster (7.32).

Vinni was marked 7.31.

Every pundit / report etc put Vinni as MOM.

Maybe the BBC football had heard of the other players because of their former clubs and decided to play safe.

Lazy journalism again.

The BBC website had Tom Davies as MOM (7.44), McAtee (7.36), Archer (7.36) and Brewster (7.32).

Vinni was marked 7.31.

Maybe the BBC football had heard of the other players because of their former clubs and decided to play safe.

Lazy journalism again.

I believe that BBC one was voted for by the fans during the game. Still, a peculiar result.

Especially Tom Davies as MoM and Brewster getting 7.32 (This is not another slagging off of Brewster btw but given the length of time he was on the pitch and the contributions from Vini throughout the game how on earth would people vote them higher than Vini?)

Vinni was marked 7.31.

Lazy journalism again.
I think BBC Sport didn't give Vini MOTM because of the penalty, which shouldn't matter because neither were penalties.

Come on then Souza stat lovers, please try once more to convince me that this guy is the 2nd coming of Christ despite my eyes painting a very different story .
He may not be the 2nd coming of christ but he is the only one that looks as if he actually cares. The rest of them need nailing to a cross.

Maybe it's because he's tall that he's the current lightning rod for the fans' criticism. Same applies to McBurnie.

He'll not be here next season because we need to fill a £30-40m hole in the accounts. Archer will account for half of that then we'll need to sell one or more of Ahmedhodzic, Souza and Hamer to cover the rest.

I just hope we insist on a sell-on clause when we ship him to Fulham for £12.5m as Palhinha's replacement.

Maybe it's because he's tall that he's the current lightning rod for the fans' criticism. Same applies to McBurnie.

He'll not be here next season because we need to fill a £30-40m hole in the accounts. Archer will account for half of that then we'll need to sell one or more of Ahmedhodzic, Souza and Hamer to cover the rest.

I just hope we insist on a sell-on clause when we ship him to Fulham for £12.5m as Palhinha's replacement.
Hopefully it's Ahmedhodzic, can't wait for the day he leaves he is truly woeful.

I'd happily sell all 3.

Was never the right type of player to build our midfield around, and won't be at championship level either. Sell.

We'll struggle to get 5m, btw

Him and Anel both have to go. Fees won't be great but wage saving will be significant

Was never the right type of player to build our midfield around, and won't be at championship level either. Sell.

We'll struggle to get 5m, btw

Him and Anel both have to go. Fees won't be great but wage saving will be significant
Bit of perspective here -

He was bought for £12m, never played in this country or league before

Prior to last night hes been playing well, and currently sits 2nd for tackles, only below Palhinha who Bayern agreed to spend £60m on in the summer

Last night he was up against 2 of the best and inform midfielders Rice and Odegard, backed up by Jorginho!

Last month Arsenal put 4 past mega rich Newcastle, 5 past Burnley, 6 at West Ham and 3 against Liverpool

Now im not saying we wernt shit, we were, but writing him off after 7 months after a piss poor team result isnt right either

Next season if he stays he will be a key man for us
1709643056437.png

I'm basing very little on last night

He's had some ok performances but at no point have we looked properly functional in midfield with it built around him, even accounting for the level we're at
Fair play

Personally I wouldnt say we have built it around him, more hes a part of it

Last season we built it around Ndaiye and Norwoods ping
Season before MGW, Norwood & Billy

Dont think many clubs build around a defensive midfielder tbh

The player the team should be built around is McAtee, hes your star man, but because we havent, he doesnt get the service, therefore looks poor

Keep Souza & Hamer, get a focal point, either Clarke at Sunderland or if Chair keeps out of jail him, then create a formation that maximises their time on the ball, with all other 10 players aiming to provide the service

Back
Top Bottom