Vini Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Based on recent experiences , our recruitment team may think it prudent in future that before advising the club to spend many millions on a player , they give at least some consideration to the views of the fans of the club he already represents .

In Souza’s case most were quite scathing , highlighting his propensity for becoming almost invisible in games and in one case describing him as the worst player they had ever had .

Similarly , the fans at Lille where Grbic was on loan flagged up his obvious defects and overwhelmingly deemed him to be a complete liability .

It turns out that both both of these assessments were not far wide of the mark . It would make no sense to give any credence to the opinions of a small group of supporters as to the a player’s capabilities as has often been demonstrated on here .

However , when an overwhelming majority of them agree that a player consistently turns in poor performances, this should at least set the alarm bells ringing and provide food for thought before they recommend that our club forks out a considerable amount of money on them , which in respect of the two mentioned above amounts to a reported combined figure of £ 14 million

Last edited:
What took everyone so long?

It took me 5 games to say he’s useless?

I just don’t understand what people were seeing early on. He’s had one good game and that was Luton away.
He played well against Forest at their place… that was it until the Luton game. Two good games all season, other than that he’s been 💩

He's made the second most tackles in the Premier League, which is more than double that of anyone else in our team.
He clearly has a number of flaws at this level, but he's clearly effective at winning the ball back. He had similar stats last season, so I suspect we signed him to do that job, which he's done. Admittedly when your main role is shielding the defence, conceding the most goals in premier League history is pretty damning.

Whilst I don't think he's great and would be more than happy to see us get anything like our money back on him, I do think some of his work (full Nigel Adkins moment incoming) goes unnoticed by the majority.

His attacking outputs are hilariously poor though. Hasn't created a single big chance all season. I suppose that isn't his role, but you'd want at least a bit of it.

Based on recent experiences , our recruitment team may think it prudent in future that before advising the club to spend many millions on a player , they give at least some consideration to the views of the fans of the club he already represents .

In Souza’s case most were quite scathing , highlighting his propensity for becoming almost invisible in games and in one case describing him as the worst player they had ever had .

Similarly , the fans at Lille where Grbic was on loan flagged up his obvious defects and overwhelmingly deemed him to be a complete liability .

It turns out that both both of these assessments were not far wide of the mark . It would make no sense to give any credence to the opinions of a small group of supporters as to the a player’s capabilities as has often been demonstrated on here .

However , when an overwhelming majority of them agree that a player consistently turns in poor performances, this should at least set the alarm bells ringing and provide food for thought before they recommend that our club forks out a considerable amount of money on them , which in respect of the two mentioned above amounts to a reported combined figure of £ 14 million
Well said sir

No bloody hard is it

He's made the second most tackles in the Premier League, which is more than double that of anyone else in our team.
He clearly has a number of flaws at this level, but he's clearly effective at winning the ball back. He had similar stats last season, so I suspect we signed him to do that job, which he's done. Admittedly when your main role is shielding the defence, conceding the most goals in premier League history is pretty damning.

Whilst I don't think he's great and would be more than happy to see us get anything like our money back on him, I do think some of his work (full Nigel Adkins moment incoming) goes unnoticed by the majority.

His attacking outputs are hilariously poor though. Hasn't created a single big chance all season. I suppose that isn't his role, but you'd want at least a bit of it.
His good work goes unnoticed because there is very very little of it

Like i said previously, off the ball he's fairly decent.

In possession we might as well play with 10 men tho.

Will be a total waste of a squad position next season when we'll be in possession alot more.

You trying to tout for a job for Roygbiv ????

Seriously though, before any 'normal' business invests £millions in an asset they'll undertake thorough due diligence. Football just seems to watch a couple of videos, do a medical and trust a couple of grizzled middle aged men...

No one minds about his attacking attributes being terrible.

Yes he makes so many tackles as he is like a 10 year old running around the pitch tackling people.

But his job is to stay central and break up play. He makes a great tackle at right wing and then the man he’s marking is on the edge of our box with no one around him to score. Will be same again today if he plays.

One of their midfielders will score from open play on the edge of our D and Souza won’t be in the shot.

He is a ball winner, he needs better options around him to give the ball to.

Wilder clearly doesn’t rate him. Doesn’t even get on now.

To be fair, I’d we’d listened to Coventry and Brentford fans a few years ago, we might have not had our rise under Wilder the first time.

Brentford fans said Egan and O'Connell were both shit.

Let Wilder get his first choice players and be nice and easy.

Just don’t make us sign the 3rd/4th on his list. He’s not good when it goes down to there.

Does anyone keep a record of how many missed tackles he's had? How many times players just ghost by him because he can't move? How many times the bloke he was supposed to be marking scores or assists? How many times he give the ball away? The bloke will never be a PL player but I suspect it will take one more 'top division club' in Europe to sign him before everyone figures it out.

Played top division in Spain...got relegated....played top division in England got relegated....where next France? Germany? Italy?

We need to get away from the throwing shit at the fan and hoping some sticks.

We need to be signing 3 to 4 players of quality, much like Wenger did and less of this hoping players will become something they are not.

To make this happen we also need to manage contracts far more responsibly.

There isn’t a player for Sheffield United in Grbic, Trusty, Slimane, Traore or Souza.

We may have stuck with what we have and got one decent, proven player instead.

Or, and I know this doesn’t suit the buy cheap and young model, simply used the foreign loans we completely failed to exploit.

Seeing as Souza has been benched do we assume Wilder is not convinced about him?
A single statistic should not be taken in isolation most tackles in the PL is a reflection of how we have been parking the bus and our inability to hold onto the ball when we do get it. Passing stats can't be taken in isolation either in assessing a players contribution. Passing accuracy is influenced by distance, direction, pressure, and receiving options.

From observation Souza isn't in sync with the players around him. Positioning and movement can be questioned. But of course positioning and movement can be questioned for most of the team. Our coaching staff can also be questioned on organisation, tactics, game management and ability to gel the team

Does anyone keep a record of how many missed tackles he's had? How many times players just ghost by him because he can't move? How many times the bloke he was supposed to be marking scores or assists? How many times he give the ball away? The bloke will never be a PL player but I suspect it will take one more 'top division club' in Europe to sign him before everyone figures it out.

Played top division in Spain...got relegated....played top division in England got relegated....where next France? Germany? Italy?
I hope for our sake that one more club will pay money for him !

Seeing as Souza has been benched do we assume Wilder is not convinced about him?
A single statistic should not be taken in isolation most tackles in the PL is a reflection of how we have been parking the bus and our inability to hold onto the ball when we do get it. Passing stats can't be taken in isolation either in assessing a players contribution. Passing accuracy is influenced by distance, direction, pressure, and receiving options.

From observation Souza isn't in sync with the players around him. Positioning and movement can be questioned. But of course positioning and movement can be questioned for most of the team. Our coaching staff can also be questioned on organisation, tactics, game management and ability to gel the team
Carrying a broken heart, so he'll be out for a bit!

My mate at work was talking to Wilder in The Lescar a couple of weeks ago. Said Wilder was very disappointed in Souza, when he had cramp the other week Wilder said that Souza doesn’t train right. Are we not training him right or is he just tossing it off? Also said Norwood should have been released two years ago. I do not expect both to be here next season. A vast overhaul is required, whether it happens is another question.

My mate at work was talking to Wilder in The Lescar a couple of weeks ago. Said Wilder was very disappointed in Souza, when he had cramp the other week Wilder said that Souza doesn’t train right. Are we not training him right or is he just tossing it off? Also said Norwood should have been released two years ago. I do not expect both to be here next season. A vast overhaul is required, whether it happens is another question.
That didn't really happen did it...

They used to have a comedy club night at the Lescar, it's moved to S6 though now.

He was annoyed at the time with Souza and I’m pretty sure he said it in the presser afterwards.

The fact Norwood is barely getting on the pitch and rightly so, is a sign he thinks Norwood is done.

He doesn’t need to tell anyone down the Lescar.

If other teams did that, we would never sell a player ever

He was annoyed at the time with Souza and I’m pretty sure he said it in the presser afterwards.

The fact Norwood is barely getting on the pitch and rightly so, is a sign he thinks Norwood is done.

He doesn’t need to tell anyone down the Lescar.

Safe to say neither will be here next season. Thinking about it, only Hamer will likely be a regular starter next season from our summer recruitment - what a dire indictment that is. You need to sign 5-6 players that will either be key players in the Championship, or will be sold for at least their purchase value.

What tripe is thsi
My mate at work was talking with him in The Porter Cottage last week and he said Vinni is going to be his next captain and Norwood going in Goal as his pointing is likely to stop more shot than the present resident in said position

What tripe is thsi

My mate at work was talking with him in The Porter Cottage last week and he said Vinni is going to be his next captain and Norwood going in Goal as his pointing is likely to stop more shot than the present resident in said position
Sounds like a genuine plot from an episode of The Manageress.

Back
Top Bottom