Vini Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Are Gus Hamer and James McAtee really that bad? (personally I think Hamer hasn't lived up to the hype, but then until today neither has Souza)
It's mainly the defence.
Imagine having to hold in front of Trusty or a mardy Anel? I love Gus but he's been off it too. Even just having Norwood or Fleck for a few minutes isn't going to work wonders for him.
He's been criticised at absolutely crazy times in my opinion.
He's not a Doyle, he's probably not even the player we needed to bring in preseason, but at what he does he's a silky tank at times. It's his attitude and charisma that's won me over as well

Immense today

Took goal like a forward and could see how much it meant to him

Took time to settle into this league, but has been getting better and if he can perform like that consistently will be a huge player next season

Happy for lad, not easy been a Blade at the moment, deserves his praise tonight
The more he improves the less likely he’ll be here next seaso.

Potential is fine when you're 12. It's a relief to know that he has got more to offer than what he's previously shown, but also a frustration that he's not shown anything like this before today. Imagine where we'd be in the league if he had?
It may be a relief to you, but I reckon there’s plenty of Blades who have already seen what he can do and aren’t at all surprised by his performance today.

Thought the game suited him perfectly. He was excellent. Knew he'd get a goal before long too

Could see him scoring a few more in the championship

Oi, you nicked my cats?

View attachment 179069

Fleck on the left and Paddy at the back. Basham (below) now not a starter.

View attachment 179071

(these are their real names by the way).

Fleck gave Vini MoM today. She is still struggling to come to terms with some performances this season, but is so Bladey still rewatched game.

View attachment 179072

Haven’t got any bobble heads so will swap this for your royals 😉

View attachment 179073

UTB
Shameless cat photos…lovely they are 🙏🐈‍⬛😂

i was a massive fan of Berge, and was upset to see him leave. Today I thought Souza was an upgrade on him. Had his calmness and composure on the ball, always played to feet, tried to keep possession instead of launching it long, did a few nice skills and was solid defensively/aerially. Guy was a rock, honestly captain material if he keeps this up.

Well done Vini, I was a doubter at the start but the last few weeks / since wilder I see your value. If we had some composed midfielders around him to receive the ball and carry it forward we would be in a much better position.

I thought he was shit but he’s not

Showed he’s got the tools, just needs to play like he did today every week and he could be a legend and a player we have not had since Booker /Brownie

Thank fuck for the long contract. If he goes in the summer, someone's paying top dollar.

Thought he was superb today. Had one of those games where all the individual components came together in a perfect storm. You can see his confidence growing and with it, good performances are happening.

Love the optimism for the captain shout. If he manages to be consistently that good, against teams from both ends of the table, then he has to be in with a shout. It seems CW really rates him too, so l can see it happening, if performance levels are maintained.

If he does stay and his levels continue to improve, he's going to be a cheat code in the Championship.

1st in the league for successful tackles among all players! 💪

1707611237766.png

(Opta defines a successful tackle as when the tackler or a teammate regains possession because of the challenge or the ball goes out of play)

Attachments

• 1707611142668.png
    1707611142668.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom