View from Swindon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Davies has bulked up a bit during his absence ,is he lodging with Higdon ?
Anyone lodging with Higdon isn't going to be getting second helpings at tea time. Pickings will be so slim that after a few weeks dining at Higdon Towers Bob Geldof will be releasing a charity single to help them out.

Swindon we're technically a very good side, especially the no. 14 (swift??) which is why i can't for the life of me understand why they felt it necessary to resort to such underhand tactics.. if they hadn't spent so much time diving and trying to con the ref they'd have probably won. biggest irony is that they did their utmost to get higdon sent off, so much so that nigel took him off.. thus forcing the introduction of murphy and he basically tore them apart .. :D

I thought they were one of the poorest teams at the lane this year. They also tried to kick us out of the game early on which others had done but we weren't bullied like in matches against Oldham, Notts County and MK. Then every time Higdon went within two foot of any of their players they threw themselves to the ground like he had shot them

I'm glad I don't rely on you for feedback on games I cant get to !
Swindon were by far and away the best third division team to plat at the Lane this season - apart from their spoiling tactics !
Their passing and movement were superb and in No 2, 3 and 14 arguably the best players on show - they could have been easily 3-0 up at half time !
They were obviously influenced by the poorest referee we have had at the Lane by trying to get Higdon sent off - whilst he didn't help himself their underhand methods were appalling ! - but for sheer footballing ability - you can see why they were top of the league !!

I'm glad I don't rely on you for feedback on games I cant get to !
Swindon were by far and away the best third division team to plat at the Lane this season - apart from their spoiling tactics !
Their passing and movement were superb and in No 2, 3 and 14 arguably the best players on show - they could have been easily 3-0 up at half time !
They were obviously influenced by the poorest referee we have had at the Lane by trying to get Higdon sent off - whilst he didn't help himself their underhand methods were appalling ! - but for sheer footballing ability - you can see why they were top of the league !!

I just didn't rate them, most round me were saying how are they at the top. Thought they passed ok but so many teams have this season. Yes they could have three goals but we hit the post and were denied a penalty that even the Swindon fans thought was nailed on. So we could have been 2-0 up at half time
Sorry I have failed my job interview as your reporter!!!

I posted elsewhere that I saw the Bobbins play at Coventry and thought they were a quality outfit (against a weak Cov side). I was not at the match on Saturday and rely on comments from the forum and elsewhere to get a view. Reading between the lines, it seems they remain a decent side but turned up with a poor plan to disrupt the RAWWs and lost the game. The refereeing decisions? incompetent but not biased. And that makes them not as good as us on the day. As the result dictates. We'll know the better side at the end of the season...

Poor little Swindon!

They are a bit "Andy Murray" aren't they?

Thanks for roughing them up/cheating/turning them over. Much appreciated!

Just go easy on us down here, if you're not showing off in the cup again against Man Utd. Or, er, Cambridge (give PNE a few digs, too. Cheers)

Sheffield United were the filthiest team I’ve seen all season idiot your players got 6 yellow cards, or did you see another game?.

Poor little Swindon!

They are a bit "Andy Murray" aren't they?

Thanks for roughing them up/cheating/turning them over. Much appreciated!

Just go easy on us down here, if you're not showing off in the cup again against Man Utd. Or, er, Cambridge (give PNE a few digs, too. Cheers)

Not just Swindon, bristolboy. Just over a week ago it was Preston who came with the sole tactic of booting the Blades off the pitch. Ditto MKDung a few weeks before. When it doesn't work, they bitch like little faggots. (or Andy Murray. Same thing.)

We didn't 'rough them up'. Quite the opposite. We did not resort to 'cheating'. But we did turn them over! :)

Not just Swindon, bristolboy. Just over a week ago it was Preston who came with the sole tactic of booting the Blades off the pitch. Ditto MKDung a few weeks before. When it doesn't work, they bitch like little faggots. (or Andy Murray. Same thing.)

We didn't 'rough them up'. Quite the opposite. We did not resort to 'cheating'. But we did turn them over! :)

That'll teach me for buying the 'View From little Swindon'! "Dirty Old Town" as we used to sing at them many years ago (when they really were dirty, on and off the pitch).

Roughed up by mk dons as well, eh? You poor things, all these pesky southern teams...if it wasn't for us...etc, etc

I just didn't rate them, most round me were saying how are they at the top. Thought they passed ok but so many teams have this season. Yes they could have three goals but we hit the post and were denied a penalty that even the Swindon fans thought was nailed on. So we could have been 2-0 up at half time
Sorry I have failed my job interview as your reporter!!!

It shows how being at the same match yet having diametrically opposite views of the opposition !
As I said, I thought Swindon to be the best third division team I have seen this season, but as they say the game of football is about opinions!
And to be fair, Deadbat does take some beating when it comes to match reports !!

Back
Top Bottom