Roy's View From... View From Coventry

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They had a great kit in the 70's, one great freekick routine and not it sure what the third of the three that dick was going on about in the first comme t. Can someone help with the third?

I don't give two ks what the oppo fans think but always read Roy's view from ,so thanks very much Roy have a good Christmas and new year.

Awful team, awful city, awful fans. We thrashed them in second gear. I look forward to them going bust while they're groundsharing with Stevenage next year. Off you fuck, Cov-.....can't even remember their name they're that forgettable.

Not bad views from their fans TBH
I was expecting them to be much more bitter

Awful team, awful city, awful fans. We thrashed them in second gear. I look forward to them going bust while they're groundsharing with Stevenage next year. Off you fuck, Cov-.....can't even remember their name they're that forgettable.

Still a famous club. Donald Trump knew who covfefe citeh were.

31tweet-sub1-superJumbo.jpg

Do you know Roy I have been reading these since you first started doing them and only today did I realise you are named after the colours of the rainbow.

Agree with others it’s odd/sad Coventry seem to be trying to manufacture a rivalry with us that just isn’t there. They’re one of those teams I don’t generally look forward to United playing in the week before because our record against them is iffy, then after don’t really think about them at all until we play them again. Yeovil, Stevenage and Oldham are other recent bogey teams I try and quickly forget about after, much like Coventry.

Must be tragic being a SISU fan. They're so desperate for a rival that they've gone as far as Sunderland to try and find one. They're the perennial middle-child of professional football.

Imagine having to spend your entire life knowing that you're basically what a Brummie would be if somebody ordered you off Wish.

Living out the paradox of being so fucking non-descript that it's the only thing that makes you stand out.

Awful.
The Sunderland ‘rivalry’ emanates more from the NE & has a ‘real’ basis
Mid ‘70’s last games of season
Sunderland (@ Everton)) need to match Cov result (v Brizzle) - either of which could go downif they lose -
S/land lose - Cov /Brizzle still playing (2’s each) following (deliberately ?) delayed kick off
Result from Goodson announced over tannoy @ Cov resulting in last 15 minutes being played 60 yards from either goal
That draw relegates Mackems hence GRRRRRRR to this day

NB the involvement of a certain Jimmy (the chin) Hill may or may not be of significance

Think SUFC & ‘Cheating Cockney Cunts’ 2007

Cheers Roy,
Get stuffed covo, go and make friends with dog nonces lot....

I have sent this to a Coventry supporting mate
I eagerly await his reply, as soon as he does I will post it on here
He is such a lovely guy but he openly admits some of their following are as deluded as our S6 neighbours

Big fan of the comment that says we always foul them and get away with it… we had a player sent off.

The first comment about Roy is the best, however. Made me think of that episode of Extras where Bowie is singing about Andy in the club.

Majority are pretty fair comments.

I personally think we don’t play great football and heavily rely on individual moments to win games. However given injuries and players not feint able to play together consistently this is not massively surprising but it needs to improve now players are back.

I also think Norwood slows us down and our midfield in terms of physical side is weak.

A few decent comments and a lot of pricks, not really a surprise. I’m loving the infamy of ‘View from’.

“Been very poor today, against a team who are not that good. Disappointing.”

“At the end of the day we were poor and didn’t make Sheffield United work for the 3 points. That said even though we were poor we were still the better side which I think says more about Sheffield United then it does ourselves”

Strange innit how loads of teams have off days when they come up against us . Fairly decent comment from most of them to be fair Robins has put together a decent team for fuck all who can make life difficult but they were never going to keep up the intensity of press that they started the game with. After 30mins you could see we were getting on top and grinding them down. After that our problems were self inflicted by Egan having a poor game.

Thanks Roy. Hope you had a good Christmas under your bridge! Glad we've got those bitter,angry arseholes out of the way and they can go back to being irrelevant to any other team in the championship.
I'm going back to bed with my hangover as every tap of my finger on this phone screen sounds like the drop hammer at Sheffield Forgemasters coming down.

mixed in with the bitter guy at the begining and a fair bit of salt , there are some sensible comments that really sum us up at the moment. Quotes below. We seem to have developed into a side that is really difficult to play against that alos has a fair bit of quality sprinked around to grab a goal or two. It's not at all spectacular, hence some opposition fans moaning that they've played shit every week.

“a well drilled team with a bit of flair and punch which turns on when needed.”

“I was impressed with how organised they were .. hard to play against”

”Part of the reason we looked poor was because we were poor, but part of the reason was they made us look poor. Got to give them some credit too!”

Back
Top Bottom