Updates from Adkins PT 212823

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

'We've got to make sure we've got the right players to go and do it'...over to you McCabe/Princey...

Great interview from Adkins. Give the bloke time to build.

He was certainly canvassing for more time throughout the interview quoting Ferguson. Wenger and Warnock as examples having time to build. Unfortunately managers in the 3rd tier rarely get that leeway, fans may get the blame but the sacking if it happens will be a owner/board decision. NA has totally under estimated the task as the Prince has of getting this club promoted.

He was certainly canvassing for more time throughout the interview quoting Ferguson. Wenger and Warnock as examples having time to build. Unfortunately managers in the 3rd tier rarely get that leeway, fans may get the blame but the sacking if it happens will be a owner/board decision. NA has totally under estimated the task as the Prince has of getting this club promoted.

Did he under estimate the size of the task?

Or was he expecting to be able to buy some players, like everyone else?

I can only imagine Nigel was told when he came to the club that he could have everything from the sale of players. Unfortunately I think he underestimated how many of these players that have any professional pride. Higdon going to Tranmere shows exactly what is wrong with this club.

He then thought the best thing to do would be to bring in the ultimate professional in Hammond to show the rest what is expected of a footballer, in the way he prepares himself, goes about his personal life and so on. What he forgot was performance.

He then says he wants to have a team full of young hungry fast players and then plays dads army for the last 3 months.

He then says that he needs some time.

Do you know what Nigel, you always needed time, but that fact you have the inability to think 2 steps ahead of any current decision you make means you are constantly wiping your are with your middle finger already pushed through the paper.

If you really want to show me you're listening, put in players that can cover some grass, make the ball do the work or can stretch a pitch. When I turn up at Donny on Saturday Done, Adams, Flynn/JCR, and Reed best be playing because you're letting the same players mug you and us off every fucking week.

The most pathetic thing I've seen this year. The fact you have to highlight that you spoke to your bosses about doing something logical is hilarious. They gave him a lollipop.

"I think it would give everybody a big lift to bring somebody in. I've had a conversation with the owners about that"

we're so screwed.

The most pathetic thing I've seen this year. The fact you have to highlight that you spoke to your bosses about doing something logical is hilarious. They gave him a lollipop.

"I think it would give everybody a big lift to bring somebody in. I've had a conversation with the owners about that"

we're so screwed.

Unless they're on about bringing 3 or 4 in we are I can't think of any one player we could sign in any position that would vastly improve us.

I wonder why they bother with the interviews. It's a categorical waste of everyone's time. Nobody comes out any wiser from any of them. You're taken up and down the seven hills and then there's absolutely nothing to show for it. Pointless garbage.

Unless they're on about bringing 3 or 4 in we are I can't think of any one player we could sign in any position that would vastly improve us.

It's the way it's phrased. I went : "please sir, can I have some more." zero confidence that's nothing other than nonsense. He's lost it

I wonder why they bother with the interviews. It's a categorical waste of everyone's time. Nobody comes out any wiser from any of them. You're taken up and down the seven hills and then there's absolutely nothing to show for it. Pointless garbage.

You're taken up and down the seven hills and then there's absolutely nothing to show for it. Pointless garbage.

Pointless garbage.

:)

Personally, bringing in Woolford, Sammon's and Hammond hasn't given me a lift so why would your next putative addition do so Nige? Stop covering your back and get on with the job

Spoke brilliantly, he knows we are not good enough, but obviously the aim is to get us in the top 6, by hook or by crook.
The longer we stick with Adkins, the better we will be, trust me, I'm old, I know things.
This is the manager, who will get us promoted of league one.

We're fucking doomed.

he sounds like a small child wanting to manager Manchester United. Seriously? This is our positive motivation for the rest of the season?

Me, I just love Geese me.

Afraid every time I listen to him I feel more anxious. Never any hint/conviction either a player of ilk coming in or him admitting performances are miles off the mark.

If Blades are happy that he regurgitates the same messages over and over again fine.

I'm not !! Action and change to impact performances needed not ramblings over the same points continually.

I think it was the bit where he tried to get excited about playing Doncaster as it was a Derby that worried me more. I think right that moment he thought only a derby can get these players up for it.

Changing how we play is the only thing positive he can do this week. Let's go for it Nigel.

Truth is the club's deluded hope in a promotion campaign has cost us another year. This should've been the year we started to rebuild with youth until the nonentities had been paid off.

Did he under estimate the size of the task?

Or was he expecting to be able to buy some players, like everyone else?

We can only speculate if NA was told before he signed on the dotted line the squad had to be cut to allow new players to come in, it seemed from his earliest interviews he was fully aware of those restrictions. Despite that he took the job, he has repeatedly said that the owners have backed him and funds were in place during the JTW, so is he lying or toeing the party line. Despite this he has brought 5 players in, we can argue all day about the positives they have brought to the table, results confirm they haven't improved the team, again we can only speculate but they wouldn't have been cheap. So I do think he badly under estimated the task he has took on or just isn't up to it despite his glowing CV.

No mention of McCabe here?

Kevin still has all the clubs assets what has the Prince got for his £13 million not a lot, JP has said on numerous occasions they expected to be in the Championship with that outlay.

We can only speculate if NA was told before he signed on the dotted line the squad had to be cut to allow new players to come in, it seemed from his earliest interviews he was fully aware of those restrictions. Despite that he took the job, he has repeatedly said that the owners have backed him and funds were in place during the JTW, so is he lying or toeing the party line. Despite this he has brought 5 players in, we can argue all day about the positives they have brought to the table, results confirm they haven't improved the team, again we can only speculate but they wouldn't have been cheap. So I do think he badly under estimated the task he has took on or just isn't up to it despite his glowing CV.

I lost count of how many times he talked about the JTW and keeping in touch until then. He clearly thought he'd be able to bring people in.

Absolutely no manager would publically state they'd not been backed by their board if they wanted to keep their jobs.

I lost count of how many times he talked about the JTW and keeping in touch until then. He clearly thought he'd be able to bring people in.

Absolutely no manager would publically state they'd not been backed by their board if they wanted to keep their jobs.
well he has had about 2 million including wages. Thats more than some league 1 clubs budget for the season.

Wouldn't it be refreshing though ;) a manager to come out and say the board promised me X, Y and Z here's the proof and they didn't come up with the goods. Fantasy Island I know.

£2 million + wages?

That's a new figure?
Including wages peteblade .. still a decent amount at this level. Only a guess but Hammond by the time his loan is ended we will have been paying him for 7 months at around 14k per week also we paid leicester a loan fee plus the 500k for Billy and he must be on at least 8k per week then woolford,Edgar and Sammon all on decent sized wages must total at least 2 million for the season .

Including wages peteblade .. still a decent amount at this level. Only a guess but Hammond by the time his loan is ended we will have been paying him for 7 months at around 14k per week also we paid leicester a loan fee plus the 500k for Billy and he must be on at least 8k per week then woolford,Edgar and Sammon all on decent sized wages must total at least 2 million for the season .
Take off what we got for Murphy and the wages we're not now paying for Doyle, Davies, Davies, Holt and Murph.

Nobody knows what proportion of wages we are paying - it's just speculation. I used to work at the club and my contacts tell me Sammon was a Clough signing. Cloughie wanted a king's ransom to improve the squad...

Back
Top Bottom