United 1 Crewe 2 - report

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

absolutely right we were one absolutely shocking decision away from a win on Saturday and if the lad who scored their goal plays for another 20 years he won't score another like that.

C'est la vie.

The over reaction from some of our so called fans is beyond belief
I presume you mean the non penalty where Murphys boot was taken off ? What about the one where Davies and the keeper competed for a 50/50 and Flynn put the loose ball away. I am still far from convinced that was a foul ,keeper was weak , good goal I thought.

I just watched the full game on Blades Player. We dominated possession for most of the game, but for the most part couldn't turn our possession into chances. Once again we were up against a team of big lads who muscled us off the ball on occasion. We did enough to win it, and were inches from making contact with a couple of crosses, as well as hitting the post. Howard could have done better for their second goal, ithe ball was well within his reach but he was unsighted. We gave them too much space when they took the short corner leading up to the goal. Great powerful strike though.

Howard looked like his back was still causing a problem, his throws weren't as accurate. Still, it's good to have him back.

That's football. You don't always win the games that you dominate, and sometimes get hit by a sucker punch. It wasn't the worst performance of the season by a long shot, and our passing game was on the whole good. A few players looked below par - Brayford made a few mistakes, but then he nearly scored with a header. Murphy wasn't as influential as he has been. We were all a bit less quick and pacy than last Tuesday.

Not writing us off against Barnsley, though I'd take a draw.

Where's Campbell-Ryce when we need him??:tumbleweed:

I presume you mean the non penalty where Murphys boot was taken off ? What about the one where Davies and the keeper competed for a 50/50 and Flynn put the loose ball away. I am still far from convinced that was a foul ,keeper was weak , good goal I thought.
yep, I was talking about the Murphy incident. I do agree about the disallowed goal although it's a brave ref that will allow any challenge on a keeper these days

yep, I was talking about the Murphy incident. I do agree about the disallowed goal although it's a brave ref that will allow any challenge on a keeper these days

Well I didn't think the 'challenge' on Murphy was even a foul, let alone a pen. Not even 'I've seen them given.' At the match (and on BP), I thought he twisted his foot into the turf, lost his boot and decided to put in a half-hearted appeal.

The 'disallowed goal' was one of those where the ref. will normally give it to the goalie.

Re. Crewe. I thought they looked very bright and showed our defending up - especially in the first half. However we'll see how good they are on Easter Monday at Chesterfield. Or are they another of those teams who miraculously look good against United (in complete contradiction to their normal form and league position)?

Back
Top Bottom