United 1 Crewe 2 - report

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Star of the afternoon on two occasions under alehouse Adams, was a white pigeon circling the entire game, around the stadium.Now its an orange carrier bag.

Brayford is a dreadful signing, as if an ambitious club would let him go that softly if he was anything good. Flash in the pan, Nigels pub buddy.
...."Which brings me to my next point, don't smoke crack!"

I have defended Baxter against a torrent of abuse on these forums and often he gets a really bad deal. Same with the crowd who as you say have criticised his misplaced passes at times. He was really good in the week and decent last Saturday.

Yesterday along with most he was poor and hardly anything he did came off. I can take the odd misplaced pass or touch but yesterday he was lazy. My point about him being unfit and overweight are warranted as he is overweight and unfit - a professional footballer that cannot run back or is shattered after 10 minutes of a 90 minute game is unacceptable. I do agree he is one of few who tries to pass it forward and for all stick he gets he is still better than Scougall, Coutts, Done, Ben Davies etc and yet Baxter is still not really good enough for a side going for promotion so what that tells us about the rest I don't know?! Baxter has scored a decent amount of goals (some pens but still got to score them) and he is still better than most we have and there are far bigger issues than him. Still in an ideal world he would not be a regular for me due to inconsistency, poor fitness and dedication to his trade. However those others mentioned are even worse and at least Baxter offers something.

For me in the summer regardless of what happens we will need 2 central defenders and 2 central midfielders. Doyle and Collins will be gone. Wallace is never fit. Ditto Kennedy. shame as those two would start if fit for me. Reed will play more games but is probably not going to play every week. So we have a real weakness in 4 key positions; 5 if we play a 3 in midfield. We are lacking leadership, domination in terms of tackling/heading and guile/skill.

I agree re above but surely we need two more strikers, one for the first team and another for cover in a 4 strong strike-force. Davis may or may not be one of them but we cant include Higdon and there are questions whether McNulty will progress. We also need more height and beef amongst the new signings.
Overall it's a big horse's arse, a disgrace actually.

Since when on Earth did Brayford, Coutts and Basham play better than Baxter? Granted he was poor compared to Tuesday but I'm afraid Deadbat this loss is just another excuse to call him overweight, unfit, fat or the same old pathetic names that really are not warranted. Why the fuck would the lad want to play for us with these kinds of bone idle, unsupportive fans? Fans who quite frankly would prefer to slag the guy off as soon as he misaces a pass even if he's the only one in the team trying to get the ball forward (something I noticed yesterday).
Correct, best player in red and white yesterday.

Sooner we can revert to having five Nick Montgomery's in the midfield will be a good one for a (large) number of our 'supporters'.

So why do you do it then? Anyone giving an opinion here not verified by the in crowd is labelled a crackhead.
Everyone is entitled to a fucking opinion like it or not
No need to swear pal, but ok, it was a quote from a film meant in good humour, the reason i dont post on here very often is that i find it quite' clicky',for want of a better word/spelling. Long story short, brayford was a top signing and i doubt many would disagree that centre back is not his most effective position UTB FTP and Big Hairy Bollox to keyboard warriors!!!!

Didn't make it on Saturday as I was working but having watched the highlights it looks like we battered them but couldn't score (a common SUFC problem). They sneaked a lucky 30 yard deflected effort at the end to pinch it. Other than the woeful defending for their first it looked like we were better than is being talked about here. Are people just responding to the result rather than the performance? I'll grant you that watching highlights doesn't give the full picture but it looks like we created more than enough chances to win 2 games rather than the very negative performance that's being talked about here.

Were these highlights produced by SUFC? In all honesty we were v poor. Crewe had 3 clear cut chances in the 1st half and should have been out of sight at half time. We had a 15 minute spell at the start of the second half but other than that never threatened. They played neat, tidy football but again didn't really pose problems. Overall 2 poor/average league 1 sides.

Game was won by an extraordinary strike of real quality , it happens , gutting but luckily not every team scores goals like that every game and only 2 minutes after we were denied a winner for what was a certain penalty, on such things results swing. May be our turn at Barnsley to win it with a bolt from the blue, WAS FUMING SATURDAY But hey ho and onwards we go .. Still 5TH with it in our hands to make the play offs , so consign it to history and go again

Tin hat time - I've seen us play much worse this season. Not that losing at home to Crewe is in any way acceptable but I thought we were ok on Saturday, nothing more and nothing less.

For me in the summer regardless of what happens we will need 2 central defenders and 2 central midfielders. Doyle and Collins will be gone. Wallace is never fit. Ditto Kennedy. shame as those two would start if fit for me. Reed will play more games but is probably not going to play every week. So we have a real weakness in 4 key positions; 5 if we play a 3 in midfield. We are lacking leadership, domination in terms of tackling/heading and guile/skill.

Add a couple of genuine strikers and that could have been posted pre-season. Another season wasted.

Didn't make it on Saturday as I was working but having watched the highlights it looks like we battered them but couldn't score (a common SUFC problem). They sneaked a lucky 30 yard deflected effort at the end to pinch it. Other than the woeful defending for their first it looked like we were better than is being talked about here. Are people just responding to the result rather than the performance? I'll grant you that watching highlights doesn't give the full picture but it looks like we created more than enough chances to win 2 games rather than the very negative performance that's being talked about here.

I did make it and I can confirm we were crap for most of the game !! :(

We were slow, lacking in ideas, movement off the ball was almost non-existent, shooting was pathetic, passing was diabolical, crossing was worse. All in all a shit day at the office from most of the team. We have absolutely no chance of progressing even if we do make it into the play-offs ..... think back to Yeovil matches 2 years ago.

A massive amount of work to be done in pre-season to give us a chance of getting out of L1 next year !! :(
UTB & FTP

Just before the kick off, their keeper was going through his final warm up, taking some imaginary crosses from either side. The comments I could end this post with are too obvious..

Game was won by an extraordinary strike of real quality , it happens , gutting but luckily not every team scores goals like that every game and only 2 minutes after we were denied a winner for what was a certain penalty, on such things results swing. May be our turn at Barnsley to win it with a bolt from the blue, WAS FUMING SATURDAY But hey ho and onwards we go .. Still 5TH with it in our hands to make the play offs , so consign it to history and go again
absolutely right we were one absolutely shocking decision away from a win on Saturday and if the lad who scored their goal plays for another 20 years he won't score another like that.

C'est la vie.

The over reaction from some of our so called fans is beyond belief

absolutely right we were one absolutely shocking decision away from a win on Saturday and if the lad who scored their goal plays for another 20 years he won't score another like that.

C'est la vie.

The "shocking decision" would surely have scraped us a draw had it gone our way?

Fans will always over react, sadly. Sometimes criticism is justified, and it's justified right now.

UTB

C'est la vie.

Overreaction losing to Crewe at home FFS

We didn't batter them. They had all the best chances. Not sure their winner got any sort of deflection though I haven't seen the replay.

Correct, best player in red and white yesterday.

Sooner we can revert to having five Nick Montgomery's in the midfield will be a good one for a (large) number of our 'supporters'.

Joint third best player on Saturday according to an average of loads of our forum members, that stat does not lie or have any individual's prejudice - true?

Just think how good he could be if he wasn't unfit and fat - what utter nonsense. He doesn't fit the aspirational, steryotypical celebrity shape, what a fucking shame. He happens to be a really good footballer.

I've quoted John Robertson on another thread. If only we had him on the fucking wing and Molby in midfield. Absolute utter claptrap started by my favourite reporter ever too.

Clough is an autocratic, disciplinarian. He would no more put up with a fat, unfit midfielder as have Billy Davies as his No.2 !!

Get real:fattwat::rolleyes:

I can assure you we was poor and after Tuesday I was really up for it.
Gutted

I've quoted John Robertson on another thread. If only we had him on the fucking wing and Molby in midfield. Absolute utter claptrap started by my favourite reporter ever too.

Clough is an autocratic, disciplinarian. He would no more put up with a fat, unfit midfielder as have Billy Davies as his No.2 !!

Get real:fattwat::rolleyes:

Puskas, Micky Quinn, Steve Kindon, Mike Robinson, Francis Lee

I just watched the full game on Blades Player. We dominated possession for most of the game, but for the most part couldn't turn our possession into chances. Once again we were up against a team of big lads who muscled us off the ball on occasion. We did enough to win it, and were inches from making contact with a couple of crosses, as well as hitting the post. Howard could have done better for their second goal, ithe ball was well within his reach but he was unsighted. We gave them too much space when they took the short corner leading up to the goal. Great powerful strike though.

Howard looked like his back was still causing a problem, his throws weren't as accurate. Still, it's good to have him back.

That's football. You don't always win the games that you dominate, and sometimes get hit by a sucker punch. It wasn't the worst performance of the season by a long shot, and our passing game was on the whole good. A few players looked below par - Brayford made a few mistakes, but then he nearly scored with a header. Murphy wasn't as influential as he has been. We were all a bit less quick and pacy than last Tuesday.

Not writing us off against Barnsley, though I'd take a draw.

It's not as though we've played Crewe hundreds of times and battered them every time. We can't have played them at home in the league more than five or six times since our foundation.

You may as well say that if Everton lose in the Europa League to a small Scandinavian club they've played a few times before. "That is their first win at Goodison Park EVER, just shows how far we have fallen. Feck me

The "shocking decision" would surely have scraped us a draw had it gone our way?

Fans will always over react, sadly. Sometimes criticism is justified, and it's justified right now.

UTB
Had it gone our way, as it should have done, we would most likely have been 2-1 up with not long to go. I doubt that Crewe would have come back from that and we would have just completed 3 straight home wins

Reactions: Dkc

It's not as though we've played Crewe hundreds of times and battered them every time. We can't have played them at home in the league more than five or six times since our foundation.

You may as well say that if Everton lose in the Europa League to a small Scandinavian club they've played a few times before. "That is their first win at Goodison Park EVER, just shows how far we have fallen. Feck me
We have played Crewe a total of 28 times winning 50% at Crewe, at the lane we have still won a whopping 71% despite the loss on Saturday, a bit more than a one off Europa league game eh.

Back
Top Bottom