Trip to New York - Ruined Experience

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I wouldn't say there is 50 of them but there are more pigs than Blades in New York. We'd occasionally run into them if both teams played on the same day, as both sets of fans would watch the games in Football Factory - before that it was Nevada's on 3rd Avenue. Kevin McCabe once showed up for a Blades match there.

I only knew four Blades who actually lived in NYC when I did, but numbers were often swelled by Blades on holiday. One time there were at least 20 of us in Football Factory for a derby match, and a few more pigs.

I left about 5 years ago, and by then watching football in bars had become less popular because you could get a stream for every match, and the kick-off times were usually 10am or earlier.

The numbers may have been swollen by friends and people on holiday, but there are at least 50 members of the supporters club.

The manager put on a breakfast buffet on as it was a 12.15pm kick off, 7.15am in New York.

Reactions: Dkc

He probably ended up in the wrong hood and got a good education. With a lesson on why not to wear blue and white colours.

Lads holiday and your going to "Nintendo World", ffs, must be a right laugh with you lot, jesus.

Listened to a bit of pigs struggling against Brizzle Rovers, last night. I had to laugh when I heard Brian (pissypants) Laws refer to them as a 'massive club'. Not sure who he was referring to. Bristol perhaps.

Imagine the amount of coin you'd need for a lads holiday in NY.

Christ.

Been there and done in many moons ago and even then it was expensive, so in this day and age it would be ridiculous.

Think I nailed an additional grand on the CC back then and that was 10 plus years ago.

I went with my ex’s family about 6 or 7 years ago and me and her step dad did about $120 in 2 and a half hours in this Irish bar next to our hotel.

Granted its a tourist trap and right in the centre of Manhattan but we were only drinking bottles of corona.

The best part of this thread is his dads called him out that he’s on a school trip. Enjoy. I’ve seen a Sheffield United jacket worn by some matriarch of a lost family around South Harlem once, but I was in a taxi so couldn’t help out. Hope they’re ok. It was like -15 outside as well.

The wife’s just come back from a long weekend in New York. Aside from her moaning that the bars didn’t sell wine by the bottle, she told me that when she found a place that did, the cheapest bottle was $55 (£54.99 on the current exchange rate).

I think I’d steer clear until the exchange rate improves.

The wife’s just come back from a long weekend in New York. Aside from her moaning that the bars didn’t sell wine by the bottle, she told me that when she found a place that did, the cheapest bottle was $55 (£54.99 on the current exchange rate).

Bert was there 3 years ago, they wouldn't sell him a bottle of wine in a shop because he could not prove his age.

Yep. I bought a bottle of good local wine on an outdoor terrace at bar in Valencia last night. Cost me seven euros. In New York you'd be paying five times that, and it would be freezing.

Bert was there 3 years ago, they wouldn't sell him a bottle of wine in a shop because he could not prove his age.
Mrs SV had a similar experience in a hotel in San Diego some years ago. She had to provide ID every time she bought a drink, off the same bar person. The hotel bar policy was they asked for proof of age from every customer every time they were served. No common sense, because those were The Rules.

Mrs SV had a similar experience in a hotel in San Diego some years ago. She had to provide ID every time she bought a drink, off the same bar person. The hotel bar policy was they asked for proof of age from every customer every time they were served. No common sense, because those were The Rules.
At New York Red Bulls you used to be only allowed to buy one pint at the bar. You couldn't buy one for anyone else. You also had to show state-approved ID to prove you were over 21. The only overseas ID they will accept is a passport.

The first time I went I didn't bring my passport and they wouldn't serve me. The only way to get a pint was to find some random person in the queue who wasn't boozing and ask them to get me a pint.

The first time it didn't work as the woman at the bar said "is that for him?' and pointed to me.

The ruse eventually worked at a different bar.

Hey look at me I’m from Sheffield and a Wednesday supporter!!! I don’t know who the guy was but I can tell you that the man is a complete bell end.
A grown man wearing a football strip anywhere apart from going to actually play football or when going to the match on match on a match day is embarrassing.

Sorry to those on here who partake in this behaviour
There’s 3/4 older blokes in my local always says wi blades shirts on. Always And a couple of pigs do same. I always think same as you fucking ridiclous behaviour at their ages 🤣

Currently in New York on a lads holiday for around 3-4 days. Off to the Nintendo World this morning and walked past someone wearing a Wednesday shirt in the subway tunnel and I can truly say it ruined my day. Stay clear of New York.
Did you have your Blades shirt on though?

Back
Top Bottom