Trip to New York - Ruined Experience

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Currently in New York on a lads holiday for around 3-4 days. Off to the Nintendo World this morning and walked past someone wearing a Wednesday shirt in the subway tunnel and I can truly say it ruined my day. Stay clear of New York.

Only one? They only took one to New York? Sorry, just can't believe that.

Currently in New York on a lads holiday for around 3-4 days. Off to the Nintendo World this morning and walked past someone wearing a Wednesday shirt in the subway tunnel and I can truly say it ruined my day. Stay clear of New York.
That’s actually quite shocking. I thought America had tightened up who comes and goes in America but a Wendy fan somehow slips the net. If a Wendy fan gets through, what other undesirables are they letting in?

You having a good time? What you been doing today?

Artechouse, do it! 😁

Attachments

• 20220519_152226.jpg
    20220519_152226.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Lads holiday? Mate…. You’re on a school trip. But…. as your old man, I’m genuinely gutted that you ran into a Pig and equally elated that you are so disgusted by the experience. I’m sure the ‘locals’ will be equally offended. UTB and safe trip back. Dad.

Like cockroaches.

Hey look at me I’m from Sheffield and a Wednesday supporter!!! I don’t know who the guy was but I can tell you that the man is a complete bell end.
A grown man wearing a football strip anywhere apart from going to actually play football or when going to the match on match on a match day is embarrassing.

Sorry to those on here who partake in this behaviour

That’s actually quite shocking. I thought America had tightened up who comes and goes in America but a Wendy fan somehow slips the net. If a Wendy fan gets through, what other undesirables are they letting in?
Border security is a major debate in USA right now with the mid-term elections in a week or so.......I understand the concern now.

Lads holiday? Mate…. You’re on a school trip. But…. as your old man, I’m genuinely gutted that you ran into a Pig and equally elated that you are so disgusted by the experience. I’m sure the ‘locals’ will be equally offended. UTB and safe trip back. Dad.

Love it haha.

Fantasy = lads holiday
Reality = school trip

Do they have to hold hands and walk in pairs?? 🤣

Had the same in Alicante a few weeks ago

All Blades, one Wendy.
No Blades colours anywhere

Wendy was out all day in the Wendy shirt one day, Wendy kit another, Wendy t shirt another, Wendy towel at the pool

It's just an extension of their need for attention

However with Alicante not having any British tourists nobody noticed

True storey the day of the hull semi final we were at blizzard beach (Disney water park) and we got set up by the pool I figured the tinterweb out and I got the match on radio on my phone - no word of a lie a family sat next to us and the three lads all got out there shit big Wendy towels out and put them on their sun loungers. All was good for the first half but obviously thinks went a bit south after that. On a positive note I did have a piss In the pool whilst stood next to them so I guess you could say we still pissed all over the Wednesday

Hmm. Have you got a dead brother/gone to Villa

In Cuba earlier on this year. I’m sat at the hotel bar with my Blades shirt on. A Canadian EPL fans comes over. “ Is that a Sheffield shirt?”, ”it’s actually a Sheffield United shirt”, and then I went on to discover that his knowledge of English football didn’t really go much further than the top flight and he was completely unaware that Sheffield had two teams and had never of Wednesday.

In Cuba earlier on this year. I’m sat at the hotel bar with my Blades shirt on. A Canadian EPL fans comes over. “ Is that a Sheffield shirt?”, ”it’s actually a Sheffield United shirt”, and then I went on to discover that his knowledge of English football didn’t really go much further than the top flight and he was completely unaware that Sheffield had two teams and had never of Wednesday.
However, about 15 years ago Bert was sat on the terrace of the Cadillac Hotel, Las Tunas, Cuba watching the world go by whilst drinking a Cristal beer.

A Cuban walked past wearing a very old Wednesday shirt.

Bert carried on drinking his beer.

In August 2014 I was in New York and went in the Football Factory Pub.

On the TV was the Wednesday v Nottingham Forest game which was being watched by 50 New York Owls, they have a supporters club in New York.

To be fair they were very amiable, even though Wednesday lost 1-0.

In August 2014 I was in New York and went in the Football Factory Pub.

On the TV was the Wednesday v Nottingham Forest game which was being watched by 50 New York Owls, they have a supporters club in New York.

To be fair they were very amiable, even though Wednesday lost 1-0.
I wouldn't say there is 50 of them but there are more pigs than Blades in New York. We'd occasionally run into them if both teams played on the same day, as both sets of fans would watch the games in Football Factory - before that it was Nevada's on 3rd Avenue. Kevin McCabe once showed up for a Blades match there.

I only knew four Blades who actually lived in NYC when I did, but numbers were often swelled by Blades on holiday. One time there were at least 20 of us in Football Factory for a derby match, and a few more pigs.

I left about 5 years ago, and by then watching football in bars had become less popular because you could get a stream for every match, and the kick-off times were usually 10am or earlier.

Yeah there are a lot of down and outs in New York they do tend to sleep in the subway stations when it gets a bit colder, amazing that stuff chucked out in charity bags in south Barnsley finds it way over to New York to keep the poor warm.

I'm sorry ..but no way in hell did Wednesday take just 1 fan to New York!!

10,000 perhaps, at a minimum, they have the greatest away following ever you know.

MASSIVE.

Good news Lads, I arrived in New York yesterday evening and to date I’ve not spotted any Pigs. Think it’s still safe to visit.

Off for some pork related products with pancakes this morning, will keep my eyes peeled (not really).

Back
Top Bottom