This is what we are up against

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can we call it 'Blades humour'? Gallows seems a bit serious.
😂😂

Years of false dawns and promises eh?

Maybe start a thread ‘blades humour’ where we post mildly sarcastic and self deprecating comments so anyone without an understanding of sarcasm, or sees anyone denouncing the blades as instant pork👍

😂😂

Years of false dawns and promises eh?

Maybe start a thread ‘blades humour’ where we post mildly sarcastic and self deprecating comments so anyone without an understanding of sarcasm, or sees anyone denouncing the blades as instant pork👍
Or you could try mixing in the odd positive comment like the promotions to the premier league and being sheffields top dogs for a few decades

Or you could try mixing in the odd positive comment like the promotions to the premier league and being sheffields top dogs for a few decades
It's just the outrageous ways that we always seem to fall down; illegal contracts, cheats taking back handers, world wide pandemics and even a world war! WTF is next? At the point United have an unassailable lead at the top of the Premier League "simulation is over" and we all wake up in pods and go back to the real world.

It's just the outrageous ways that we always seem to fall down; illegal contracts, cheats taking back handers, world wide pandemics and even a world war! WTF is next? At the point United have an unassailable lead at the top of the Premier League "simulation is over" and we all wake up in pods and go back to the real world.

Fuck sake

That’s the point of gallows humour innit, if I peppered it with positivity it wouldn’t work

my default setting is 💯 positive - View attachment 164225View attachment 164226View attachment 164225View attachment 164226
Was a generalisation more than a dig at you personally
I dont honestly know if you are positive or not but you seemed to be defending being negative
So i countered it as this forum is so choc full of hysterical neurosis now its getting hard to read it

But not before it's taken football with it.

The corrupt money grabbing system will die, it's unsustainable.... it might look very different in future, but people will always love kicking a football, and watching it....

Brighton and Brentford have invested vast sums of money getting where they are today.

We can't emulate that.

Given the amount of clubs who have been completely screwed after being relegated, I wonder how long it will be until a big club goes bust?
“the premier league have decided to halt relegation proceedings against Man Utd due to a duty of care we have for all clubs, their integrity and financial security, in light of this Man Utd will be reinstated to the Premier league 29/30 season, next season 4x teams will be relegated”

That would require it to be funny?

Blades humour - I don't think fans of many other clubs could laugh at what is quite honestly a humiliating joke in favour of your local rivals.
(If you don't fancy watching the whole thing the joke starts about 1.30)

If the Saudis continue signing world class players at their peak rather than has beens on a last payday that might calm things down. If it dosen't I'd love to see football become unsustainable and completely collapse in on itself.
It's long since ceased to be a sport so would be no loss. Hopefully we would continue to exist and frankly I'd be happy watching us at any level.
I think this is much more likely to happen than a collapse. The Saudis are buying into every sport and sooner or later there's a good chance that they're going to persuade the top 20/30 players in the league to leave.

Rather be playing regular
From a non financial perspective, I’d rather play outfield for the local boozer, than be a professional goalkeeper, but you can’t deny there’s a lot of money available for anyone who is, for often doing very little. 🤲🏻

I know every time a potential signing is mentioned there's the familiar response of 'wages'. I also know that many of our fan base really have no idea of what an average Premier League player earns and we nearly spew when we hear 50k a week being mentioned.

There's an article in The Athletic today talking about Forest and whether FFP is
going to limit their signings this summer and force them to sell Brennan Johnson. It also talks about players they want to get rid of. Two of them are Jonjo Shelveu and Chris Woods who's contracts run to the end of 2025 and 2024 respectively. It days that between them they earn in excess of 170k a week!!! So they are on over 85k a week
each.

The footballing world has gone completely mad and how can we possibly compete for any kind of decent player in the market or hold onto the likes of Ndiaye and Anel when journeymen in their 30s are on thst kind of money?
Many more clubs will go to the wall the way things are going more and more clubs are taking risks too.

The fact that Shelvey and Woods are on 170k a week combined shows that some people within football clearly lack intelligence because anyone with a braincell would tell you that Shelvey and Woods are worth nowhere near those sums in wages.

I would much rather us go down the rout of trying to unearth the next Ahmedhodzic and other exciting talents from Europe for relitively low fees and wages.

We are adding quality whilst doing it at a level that doesn't put the future of our club at risk.

Brighton and Brentford are a prime example of what can be done when you invest wisely and do not throw money around on average players that are past their best.

From a non financial perspective, I’d rather play outfield for the local boozer, than be a professional goalkeeper, but you can’t deny there’s a lot of money available for anyone who is, for often doing very little. 🤲🏻
Jesus. I’d rather be a professional goalkeeper than anything else in the world. Or maybe Jim Kerr in the mid 80’s.

Jesus. I’d rather be a professional goalkeeper than anything else in the world. Or maybe Jim Kerr in the mid 80’s.
Ha, I played football from the day I could walk to my my mid thirties, there is nothing better and I loved every minute.
But I played in goal just once, in a Sunday League Cup game. It was like being a spectator and every time the ball came near me, I lost all coordination and could barely even catch the bloody thing!
Never again 🤨

But why aren’t the Americans buying us?
Americans don’t like the jeopardy of relegation. Being one of the early favourites to go down won’t fill prospective investors with confidence. A newly relegated team might look like a better punt.

Admire your optimism F

But , Sheffields top dogs , not much ambition there

Many more clubs will go to the wall the way things are going more and more clubs are taking risks too.

The fact that Shelvey and Woods are on 170k a week combined shows that some people within football clearly lack intelligence because anyone with a braincell would tell you that Shelvey and Woods are worth nowhere near those sums in wages.

I would much rather us go down the rout of trying to unearth the next Ahmedhodzic and other exciting talents from Europe for relitively low fees and wages.

We are adding quality whilst doing it at a level that doesn't put the future of our club at risk.

Brighton and Brentford are a prime example of what can be done when you invest wisely and do not throw money around on average players that are past their best.
They add good quality experience

Admire your optimism F

But , Sheffields top dogs , not much ambition there
Not sure what ambition has got to do with this conversation
Was talking about positives ,if you dont think its positive that we are the premium football club in south yorkshire then i suggest supporting the blades isnt for you as it doesnt really get much better than that and thats probably why you are so unhappy

Not sure what ambition has got to do with this conversation
Was talking about positives ,if you dont think its positive that we are the premium football club in south yorkshire then i suggest supporting the blades isnt for you as it doesnt really get much better than that and thats probably why you are so unhappy
Who’s unhappy 😂😂😂

Utd are part of my life and have been since I first went through the turnstile 53 years ago - but they’re not that big a part of my life compared to family and friends etc

I think this is much more likely to happen than a collapse. The Saudis are buying into every sport and sooner or later there's a good chance that they're going to persuade the top 20/30 players in the league to leave.
And that will be great.

Shift the dynamic and change the TV model because the premier league model now just isn’t flexible enough. It’s all about ripping fans off.

Middle Eastern channels have had better streaming for years, just needs a few other rich Middle Eastern nations to start boosting their leagues and getting players in their prime as well.

Back
Top Bottom