The owner

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We weren’t a laughing stock then despite some of our prior owners “best” efforts.

We bloody well are now

We were probably heading for League 2 though since McCabe had pulled the plug.

They both were and are too potless to run the club beyond League 1 / Championship.

He has one solo promotion, where he sold our best, and one solo relegation. I can't judge him on the rest as fuck knows what was him and what was McCabe ( although I think we all know Wilder was a McCabe pick)

He has one solo promotion, where he sold our best, and one solo relegation. I can't judge him on the rest as fuck knows what was him and what was McCabe ( although I think we all know Wilder was a McCabe pick)
Abdul was a McCabe pick too.

But he's also got us promoted THREE times.
As a club we're unrecognisable from when he bought us.

He became sole owner in late 2019. Since then we've had ONE promotion (despite a transfer embargo that the owner caused), a play-off defeat and two historically bad relegations.

Not sure why people are discrediting the promotions we got with him as a co-owner? We were heading for League 2 before he showed up because McCabe wasn't going to throw anymore money at the club.

We may still end up there if PA can't find the investment or a new owner.

Then we were heading for League 2 after he showed up too. It's not like he came in and things changed for the better. We finished 11th in L1 in the Prince's 3rd season. Things only changed when Wilder came in.

It was a very shite season but we still finished 20 points clear of the relegation zone (which has 4 relegation spots) and 8 points off the play-offs.

These “success was down to Wilder 100%” and “failure 100% down the owner” claims are as tiresome as they are ridiculous. Early days they were a successful partnership, then the Princes trust in his manager let him have the cheque book and too much control. The fall out from poor buys started on the path to where we are now. Wilders fault? Not 100%, name me a manager who has never made duff buys.

This season is where l have a major problem. Early season the club were talking about the finances next season IF we were relegated. Dressed up as a statement of intent it was actually a white flag being raised, writing off the season in the early weeks, the plan seemingly to sort out the old debts and get a fresh start financially. We will see.

As for Wilder, didn’t want him back, not sure he’s the man for next year but despite the failures, team selection, signings, tactics etc he’s been working with one hand and a leg tied behind his back, to heap blame on him is unfair.

These “success was down to Wilder 100%” and “failure 100% down the owner” claims are as tiresome as they are ridiculous. Early days they were a successful partnership, then the Princes trust in his manager let him have the cheque book and too much control. The fall out from poor buys started on the path to where we are now. Wilders fault? Not 100%, name me a manager who has never made duff buys.

This season is where l have a major problem. Early season the club were talking about the finances next season IF we were relegated. Dressed up as a statement of intent it was actually a white flag being raised, writing off the season in the early weeks, the plan seemingly to sort out the old debts and get a fresh start financially. We will see.

As for Wilder, didn’t want him back, not sure he’s the man for next year but despite the failures, team selection, signings, tactics etc he’s been working with one hand and a leg tied behind his back, to heap blame on him is unfair.
Who did you want as manager Mr Thornton?

Who did you want as manager Mr Thornton?

Don’t know. Someone younger with more modern ideas? I’m not arrogant enough to pretend to know the answer. Managers attend interviews to sell themselves and their vision. Something fans aren’t party too.

Back
Top Bottom