We can argue Wilder / Souza / Anel etc

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bell4

Reaction score
But the biggest millstone around our neck and dragging us at warp speed to the bottom - is our truly awful , absent , bat shit crazy, laughable - owner .

Despite 3 seasons in the Prem and 2 seasons of parachute payments , he has lead our club to achieve world wide ridicule .

To lead our club into a transfer embargo, a two points deficit before we kick a ball next season, and one of the worst attempts to compete in the Prem in history , is a disgrace .

Some of our players have been labelled cowards - non more so than this guy .

Whilst he is here you can pick pepper out of fly shit arguing about Wilder etc - the fact that we are says it all .

Until our owner goes - we are knackered

Last edited:

But was it him who decided to spend last year's transfer budget on Traore, Slimane, Larouchi, Luke Thomas, Souza, Archer?

Was it him who had us turn up for the season as fit as a pub side?

Is it him who keeps picking Trusty and Anel despite them clearly tossing it off?

Is it him who played 2 loan strikers today ahead of players who will actually be here next year?

Granted, I'll blame him squarely for not having an infrastructure in place that's fit for purpose in 2024 (eg a Director of Football) and for tolerating mediocrity, but to say the people underneath him aren't to blame is widely missing the obvious.

But was it him who decided to spend last year's transfer budget on Traore, Slimane, Larouchi, Luke Thomas, Souza, Archer?

Is it him who keeps picking Trusty and Anel despite them clearly tossing it off?

Is it him who played 2 loan strikers today ahead of players who will actually be here next year?

Granted, I'll blame him squarely for not having an infrastructure in place that's fit for purpose in 2024 (eg a Director of Football) and for tolerating mediocrity, but to say the people underneath him aren't to blame is widely missing the obvious.
Do you think Wilder and Hecky before him were anything other than fall guys to take the blame when the shit hits the fan? Prince A is laughing at you.

Nope

It was him who has overseen the worst recruitment infrastructure in prem history - him who let contracts run down - him who re recruited Wilder as the cheapest option - him who took his eye off the ball for 18 months and let the club drift whilst he fkd about with Utd World - him who oversaw a club who didn’t pay instalments on players - didn’t pay suppliers - didn’t show up until we played an FA Cup semi and a promotion clincher against WBA .

Him who wants to sell but wants to keep a role in the club -him who thinks so much about us he tried to sell us to the likes of Dozy etc

Ffs

He is the poison

But the biggest millstone around our neck and dragging us at warp speed to the bottom - is our truly awful , absent , bat shit crazy, laughable - owner .

Despite 3 seasons in the Prem and 2 seasons of parachute payments , he has lead our club to achieve world wide ridicule .

To lead our club into a transfer embargo, a two points deficit before we kick a ball next season, and one of the worst attempts to compete in the Prem in history , is a disgrace .

Whilst he is here you can pick pepper out of fly shit arguing about Wilder etc - the fact that we are says it all .

i'm finding it hard to disagree.

Expect a lot of abuse.

Well said!

Nope

It was him who has overseen the worst recruitment infrastructure in prem history - him who let contracts run down - him who re recruited Wilder as the cheapest option - him who took his eye off the ball for 18 months and let the club drift whilst he fkd about with Utd World - him who oversaw a club who didn’t pay instalments on players - didn’t pay suppliers - didn’t show up until we played an FA Cup semi and a promotion clincher against WBA .

Him who wants to sell but wants to keep a role in the club -him who thinks so much about us he tried to sell us to the likes of Dozy etc

Ffs

He is the poison
Yet when he does his occasional interviews with certain fan channels, vast swathes of the fans seem to fall into line with his utter bullshit “ahhh his heart is in the right place….he just doesn’t have the money to run a football club…” If he doesn’t have the money to run a football club then why does his United World own five of them?

There needs to be severe pressure put on him to sell up otherwise he will not budge one inch. We will be stuck with this incompetent owner for many years to come.

Wasn’t Heckingbottom either on all those. You’re telling me he’s heard of Slimane and Traore?

We’re chasing the entire game; look at the possession stats. No wonder they look “as fit as a pub side”

Who else is there to choose from?

Again, who else? And really, you’d drop Brereton-Diaz?? 🤣

Utterly laughable post.

Ultimately he’s responsible for everything. It’s a hierarchy.

With regard to the lower level decisions - our summer signings, we wouldn’t have signed any of that lot if the owner was able to fund a premier league side. I don’t blame him for not being rich enough. That part of it is just frustrating and sad.

Most criticism of the Prince focuses on his lack of investment but he can't be blamed for not being rich enough.

Where he is guilty is in the lack of involvement/structure + the sheer incompetence of those who run the club on his behalf.

I think it’s spunking money on utter dross that has got us in this mess.

He ain’t got/ never had the money and got lucky we got in the Prem.

Blame PA but also blame Wilder for his shite signings.

Q
Most criticism of the Prince focuses on his lack of investment but he can't be blamed for not being rich enough.

Where he is guilty is in the lack of involvement/structure + the sheer incompetence of those who run the club on his behalf.
He has enough money to fund 5 clubs sparingly. Why not go all in on one? He doesn't have enough money because he continues to spread himself too thinly. This is absolutely his fault.

There are owners in league with 1 with more money than him, and that’s before you add in Brum.

League one owner holding back one of the biggest clubs outside the premier league

I think if you buy a football club that eventually reaches a level that you cannot fund, it is your responsibility to sell up to someone that will.

If you decide to wait to get the best price, you're putting your own greed above the interests of the club. He doesn't need the cash obviously, so I do think it's his responsibility.

Would other owners do the same as him? I imagine 99% would. Does that mean he should get let off? Nah.

Can't stand it when fans are happy for the club to be treated as merely a business for some ultra rich tosser.

He needs to leave, he’s trying to leave. But the shortfall in stupid people with £100m’s is causing an issue in it happening.

No , that's a trap you've fallen into.
If the executives in the company are underperforming , the owner should be in close enough control to get a grip and deal with it.
Our owner is so distant he has no clue of the failings , so the whole shit show just trundles along.
Recruitment , fitness , team blending , substitutions , the whole damn thing.

Q

He has enough money to fund 5 clubs sparingly. Why not go all in on one? He doesn't have enough money because he continues to spread himself too thinly. This is absolutely his fault.
Good point , I don't know why he bothers with the other clubs - just focus on us in the richest league thus with most potential - And if you're too poor to invest , sell us at a high point Summer 2019 , summer 2020 or summer 2023.

The Prince is only partially to blame. He is vlearly not very good at club ownership. He is an improvement on McAbe’dictatorial attitude. But the Prince is like me and marriage. Not very good at it, and he’s a slow learner.

The business of football is unique, and while I’m sure his intent is good, he does not understand the business model, and how quickly it changes.

He was flush with success, undermining McAbe, and letting Wider spend money like a loose horse in his first EPL foray.

He tried to do it on a shoestring, and Hecky obliged. The club suffered from an embargo and we ended up with no money, holding up the EPL.

Has he finally realised that the club needs infrastructure first, before it can fund success on the pitch?
Be careful what you wish for. Do you want to be owned by a group of businessmen, or can you be patient, and hope the Prince learns how to e a benign football dictator?

I have no intention of ever getting married again. ;)

There are owners in league with 1 with more money than him, and that’s before you add in Brum.

League one owner holding back one of the biggest clubs outside the premier league
At least the League 1 owner at Birmingham had the guts to attend their game yesterday

But also blame Wilder for his shite signings.

Come again? We were down before he came back, and if you're on about previous, we got promoted back to the premier.

There's reaching and then there's that. There's things to criticise, but still going on about his signings is stupid.

But then again I don't think I've ever agreed with a post of yours, so maybe we are fundamentally opposed.

Back
Top Bottom