The fight we showed in the 2nd half

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Glad you aren't going to Fulham too, we need supporters there not quitters like you.

That’s a rather unfair comment Silent Blade we are an emotional fan base and often vent a knee jerk reaction after a defeat, but on the terraces the support is solid and unwavering, I’m in KB4 and the support there is not showing the slightest hint of toxicity.

Thankfully, so far, out support is solid in the ground, where it matters and negativity is kept to the forums, where it belongs.

In support if my opinion. ⬇️.

Adam Davis, championship back up at best, Wes PL backup with the possibility he can step up, I think he will.

100% on getting behind the team on the day, they don’t pick themselves and need all the help we can give them this season.

I can’t stand McBurnie, I think he’s a wanker, but when he’s on the pitch I’m screaming my lungs out 🎵He’s our striker, he’s our number 9 🎵, because I want the Blades to win and calling him a wanker pitch side isn’t helping is it.

It’s weird. I didn’t watch us play yesterday, and I switched off at about five vs Newcastle, but prior to that I was feeling a lot better about this team than our last relegation season. Now I’m reading that we’re either at that level or worse. I’m not sure what to believe but I will be at Fulham on Saturday to cheer us on and will try and channel your belief/hope Silent Blade.

The support yesterday was good. The players were applauded at the end there was no booking. And to a large degree we were good humoured celebrating a shot on goal. The fans are still with the team and the manager. So far.

We did okay 2nd half yesterday. A bit of West Ham taking their foot off and us starting to put some pressure on.

The biggest issue is the fact we cannot defend a corner to save our lives. If we actually started defending them properly we may see some better results.

Had more to do with the game being won and West Ham not getting out of first gear than anything United did

I keep hearing this, and I keep thinking to myself, so when a team goes 2-0 up do they assume a game is won and down tools? I also think, how does any team get back into a game unless they raise their performance levels when they are losing?

We seem quick to pounce on our poor performance levels this season, and that's fair enough. But if fair is fair, we should also acknowledge times when we perform better, without attributing that to other factors.

Ah the classic 'if you don't believe you're not a proper fan'

At no point have I ever believed this squad to be good enough and personally I think you need sectioning if you believe we'll go on a run similar to 90/91.

However, I'm a strong advocate for keeping Hecky, I'll be at the same number of games as any season, and I'll be fully behind the team whilst they look like they care. All whilst hoping my assessment proves to be wrong.

Reminds me of some strange type who used to shout 'I believe' at matches even we were crap.

I have said time and again, I don't expect us to stay up. We can't afford to recruit at this level properly, and so we can't afford to compete (and be in the mix to stay up).

I do expect us to fight, however. Have a bit of a tactical system, togetherness, work ethic. A style that tries to limit conceding goals and makes the odd chance here and there.

This season was always about getting some PL money into the club, and using the time to find a buyer. We have to be doing that.

Sweet of Fulham to re-name their seating blocks as trenches for this one fixture.

What a pathetic thread, each to their own. The team are simply not good enough yet it’s the fans who need a telling off, I’m laughing my fucking arse off at the pathetic ness of it all. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I do think it's possible to be realistic and acknowledge that we don't have the quality (money) to compete with the majority of sides whilst also being fully behind the lads wearing the shirt - they're certainly not mutually exclusive. I don't think we have a great chance of staying up but I'll still be there every week!

I do think it's possible to be realistic and acknowledge that we don't have the quality (money) to compete with the majority of sides whilst also being fully behind the lads wearing the shirt. I don't think we have a great chance of staying up but I'll still be there every week!
Exactly Wards, for some reason though you have some people thinking they can have a go at said fans to make themselves feel better, that’s what’s pathetic.

They genuinely took their strikers off, and West Ham who never have the ball just passed it around us. All they needed to do was whack it down channel for Antonio and they were causing us havoc.

West Ham are efficient but If you think West Ham played that second half life there life depended on it they we have different views. It’s not a big deal.

I personally saw a team so comfortable at being 2-0 at home they decided to see it out nice and efficiently instead of going for 5/6 goals.
Aye
72minutes for a >£25m international scoring @ nearly 1 in 4 (replacing someone scoring 1 in 12)
72 minutes for a >£50m international scoring @ better than 1 in 4 (replacing a 33 year old with an inferior scoring rate)
93 minutes for a £24m international midfielder
93 minutes for a £25m international centre half

🤔

Attachments

• 4E58F3A2-5D9F-4EE9-B3A8-55D7D633DDFF.png
    4E58F3A2-5D9F-4EE9-B3A8-55D7D633DDFF.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 3
First half is where we left off last Sunday as for the second half saw more passion last 20 minutes saw real passion. Like hecky but got to start to giving bollocking earlier and maybe fetch subs on a bit earlier so they can get in the game

Or maybe PH should have shaken starting team selection a little more to remind certain players that the starting shirt isn't automatically theirs. To make one change after the worst defeat in our history was headshaking in disbelief territory.

What a pathetic thread, each to their own. The team are simply not good enough yet it’s the fans who need a telling off, I’m laughing my fucking arse off at the pathetic ness of it all. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think it's fair tbh, provided it cuts both ways.

I like to think I am pretty good at my job and I have a lot of responsibility and my employer places a lot of reliance on me personally and my colleagues. I tend to do a very good job week in week out. But if one week I have been below average and provided a poor level of performance for whatever reason, then it's only fair that someone comes on here and blames United for me being shit at my job that week. I will also claim at my annual review that that week was partially because United as a club didn't get behind me as much as they should have done.

Drop high roller put under 21 in they may make a impact because they playing the shirt and the club not the wages anyway up the blades

Well actually yes it does. If you are are a SUFC fan you are a fan. Whether you watch the match or not. You don't always have to be there in person to have a view on a SUFC display. You might not agree with them. That's fair enough.

I haven't been to watch the Ryder Cup live today. But I believe from watching the box, that they have played well....

they could have won by 4 or 5 frank if they had really wanted to thats the match i saw today but did think there were some positive signs in that 2nd half for us davies looked fitter than last week when he came on and has to play at fulham slimane looked useful and even saw something from brewster when he came on him and archer could be an interesting strike partnerships in home games

Seen a few posts saying similar to this but I disagree. Premier League teams don't ease up at two nil, we saw that last week. There's been quite a few spankings dished out in recent years and that's because as lightweight as footballers are now, they're still athletes with a winning mentality.

Yes they might slow the game down, pass across the back more but that's all done to draw you forward as desperation sets in, leaving gaps for them to exploit.

We were poor again yesterday, way too soft in midfield and a rabble at the back but I have to agree with Silent, there were a few green shoots, nothing to crack one off over but Davies offered some energy, Slimane looked good and Brewster looked pretty sharp so whilst it's not looking rosy, it's not wrist slitting time either.

UTBFTP

This 2nd half "performance" at West Ham can be filed in the same drawer as the night we played like prime Barca but lost 4 nil at the Lane.

This 2nd half "performance" at West Ham can be filed in the same drawer as the night we played like prime Barca but lost 4 nil at the Lane.

Scunthorpe?

Feckin hell, I can't believe we lost 4-0 at home to Scunthorpe. Maybe the match last week wasn't our most embarrassing result ever after all.

Seen a few posts saying similar to this but I disagree. Premier League teams don't ease up at two nil, we saw that last week. There's been quite a few spankings dished out in recent years and that's because as lightweight as footballers are now, they're still athletes with a winning mentality.

Yes they might slow the game down, pass across the back more but that's all done to draw you forward as desperation sets in, leaving gaps for them to exploit.

We were poor again yesterday, way too soft in midfield and a rabble at the back but I have to agree with Silent, there were a few green shoots, nothing to crack one off over but Davies offered some energy, Slimane looked good and Brewster looked pretty sharp so whilst it's not looking rosy, it's not wrist slitting time either.

UTBFTP
would disagree with your first paragraph but totally agree with your last west ham didnt go gung ho to score 4 or 5 goals thats for certain but the 3 subs hecky made definetly made a difference i think davies and slimane deserve to be given a chance at fulham and i thought brewsters cameo was very interesting he looked sharp and hungry

Everyone should read West Ham report by Roy. They are laughing at how easy the second half was.

would disagree with your first paragraph but totally agree with your last west ham didnt go gung ho to score 4 or 5 goals thats for certain but the 3 subs hecky made definetly made a difference i think davies and slimane deserve to be given a chance at fulham and i thought brewsters cameo was very interesting he looked sharp and hungry
Agree. Brewster and McBurnie upfront might score goals. Davies brought running and energy to the midfield. And I'd like to see more of Slimane. Souza then either McAtee or Hamer in midfield but not both.

For Fulham
Wes

Bogle/Baldock
Trusty
Anel
JLT

Davies
Slimane
Souza
McAtee

Oli
Brewster

I'd dispense with the three centre backs. It doesn't make us more solid. It seems to mean we are continually on the back foot.

I didn’t see the West Ham game or 2nd half v Newcastle but this smacks of the 2nd Wilder PL season when he kept talking of “fine margins”. In reality, teams were going a goal or 2 ahead and knowing that we wouldn’t hurt them and conserved their energy for other games.

Having seen the games prior to those we look worse this season than we did that season, so teams might just beat us in 2nd gear now if they can.

Back
Top Bottom