The fight we showed in the 2nd half

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
Reminded me of our strong showing in the 2nd half in the 2-0 away defeat at Man U in November 1990 and then we pulled off a good run a few weeks later. Our players haven't given up this season unlike some quitters in here

We can but hope!!!

Get a win and it might change the complexion of us.

Hecky hasn't given up and neither have the players, if anyone has it seems like it's the fans.
Trusty looked good, Baldock will be back soon, RND apparently this month, Brewster is back and looked Sharp, Davies looked fitter and stronger.
Hang in there, it's shit I know, but we are 'supporters'..support the lads.

Reminded me of our strong showing in the 2nd half in the 2-0 away defeat at Man U in November 1990 and then we pulled off a good run a few weeks later. Our players haven't given up this season unlike some quitters in here
Against Newcastle it was definitely the case that we packed up in a way we never did back then, but not so much today.

We’re still stuffed.

We’re absolutely miles off the standard, sadly. Recruitment has been poor - all signings seem to lack the basic athleticism, mobility and power which is a necessity at this level. If you’re not good enough at least physically be capable of battling, etc. Confidence is completely shot in the defence and the attack has all the menace of a Labrador puppy. Squad depth is thinner than tracing paper.

I’m not advocating a change of manager yet and feel desperately sorry for Hecky, but we look every inch the Championship outfit. We look worse than our last relegation season. Gutting to see.

I thought we looked at half pace again until the Subs came on. Davies gave us a bit of bite think we need a new voice. I think Hecky as been brilliant, but maybe a change is required, who I have know idea.

Glad you aren't going to Fulham too, we need supporters there not quitters like you.
I will be at Fulham.

Why am I saying we quit? I’m saying the opposite. We need to fight and the players aren’t fighting for the manager. So something needs to change.

Really? You haven’t seen the posts wanting Wilder back?
What has my comment anything to do with Wilder.

I do want him in charge. But that is of no relevance here.

We are talking about the second half and how it somehow looked acceptable to some fans.

We are talking about the second half and how it somehow looked acceptable to some fans.
You were talking about clutching at straws. A tiny minority want Wilder back. That’s the definition of clutching at straws.

Plenty of things to moan about this season and youll get no argument from me but to make stuff up about west ham taking it easy and not trying at 2- 0
Says more about you and the other fannys saying it than it does about the teams deficiencies

I was just saying that I saw some light at the end of the tunnel just like I did at Old Trafford in November 1990.

31 games left and we need real support ang backing for the players

Which players aren't fighting for the manger?
Well normally 8-0 losses show that not many are.

The blame has to fall somewhere?

Are the players not trying?
Are they not playing at their potential? And that potential is that they are 8 goals worse than another side?

It’s the players or the manager? Choose whoever you think isn’t doing there job.

Well normally 8-0 losses show that not many are.

The blame has to fall somewhere?

Are the players not trying?
Are they not playing at their potential? And that potential is that they are 8 goals worse than another side?

It’s the players or the manager? Choose whoever you think isn’t doing there job.
You are making things up. Last week was a one off for some reasons

Didn’t watch the game, after last week I decided to watch the golf instead. What I would say is that it’s very different to what Deadbat has written - who’s right ??

Too many doom-and-gloom merchants come out the woodwork when the chips are down. There was plenty of signs of improvement from that second half. Keep the Faith ⚔️
I spent the whole match lurking on shoutbox. It should be renamed knee jerk box.
Having said that, watching the Liverpool game, we could do to work on our fitness.
We were always going to struggle but losing two of our best players at the last minute didn't help, lack of money as well and also injuries.
I did enjoy the Manchester double today though

Plenty of things to moan about this season and youll get no argument from me but to make stuff up about west ham taking it easy and not trying at 2- 0
Says more about you and the other fannys saying it than it does about the teams deficiencies
They genuinely took their strikers off, and West Ham who never have the ball just passed it around us. All they needed to do was whack it down channel for Antonio and they were causing us havoc.

West Ham are efficient but If you think West Ham played that second half life there life depended on it they we have different views. It’s not a big deal.

I personally saw a team so comfortable at being 2-0 at home they decided to see it out nice and efficiently instead of going for 5/6 goals.

I remember that game. It was my first visit to Old Trafford. I agree your points.

Didn’t watch the game, after last week I decided to watch the golf instead. What I would say is that it’s very different to what Deadbat has written - who’s right ??
Deadbat's reports have always had inaccuracies. He thought many times last season that we wouldn't get promotion

Back
Top Bottom