Thank you Ili

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolutely gutted. Best I’ve seen and by a fair distance.

What I would like to say is, thank you for getting us back to the PL when you could have taken the easy route out 6 months ago. You was a true professional throughout this entire episode and even though it’s your boyhood team I think with all saw/felt the twists and turns in your decision to stay or leave and we can see how much you loved our club.

All the best ❤️
Sorry but I won’t be thanking him for walking out on us with two weeks to season start.

When the conditions of a players tenure at our club are typified by :-

Brought in on the cheap.
Excelled for us on the pitch.
Moved on for a more than handsome profit.

It’s difficult for me to be overly harsh.

HOWEVER. The kids a fuckin superstar in the making and while he leaves a considerable void which we won’t fill, being brutally honest, he’s too good for us. So this is /was inevitable.

That’s it.

FWIW Illi, I think you have sold yourself short going to OM. You’re better than that !!

UTB
You're right and this wreaks of the Kyle Walker sale.

Spurs wanted Naughton, we told them it was Naughton and Walker or no deal. They didn't even want Walker. We sold Naughton for £6mil which was a good fee back then, and Walker for £2mil.

You could argue that selling an 18 year old who had only played 5 matches for us for £2mil was good business. But we didn't need to sell Walker at that stage. We lost our right back and his replacement and who knows how much Walker would have been worth and sold for at the end of the following season. The only saving grace is that we saw a tidy sell on fee when he moved to Man City.

If we'd sorted Ndiaye's contract last summer then we'd be getting a lot more for Ndiaye, or maybe not selling him at all, as his contract running down is what's kick started this all.

Gutted to see him go, particularly as he's trading the premier league for realistically a very poor league, bar 1 or 2 teams.

His talent should be on show at a much higher level, either playing for us or not.

Reactions: RWE
Sorry but I won’t be thanking him for walking out on us with two weeks to season start.
How is he walking out? He hasn't demanded a move or put in a transfer request, and certainly hasn't been playing like someone who wants to leave i.e. Lundstrum.

The club could've said that they're aware of Marseille's interest but are not willing to sell. They are actively part of this whole thing else he wouldn't be getting sold. Despite Hecky's statement (either he's lying or the club have lied to him), these deals don't happen this quickly unless it's transfer days. These negotiations between the two clubs will have been going on for weeks).

Was always going to happen.
They say the talks were difficult with United so I hope we at least got a good fee.

That or they ment the fax machine was fucking up during the negotiations.

He has completely left us in the sh*t here I have no respect for anyone that can do that.

He never gave us any inkling that he wanted to leave.

He should have just been honest and said he wanted to leave and join Marseille and gone straight away not two weeks before the season starts.

He could have stayed till the end of the season and left with the fans blessing and gone down as one of the best to grace our club.

I was originally gutted to heard this but hearing how Ndiaye has ment to have acted and they way he has been through this process he can go forth and multiply.

We don't need two faced people at our club we only want players that want to play for our club.

He will never get the love and adoration he got from any other clubs fans including Marseille if he gets a chance and doesn't hit the ground running he will be bombed out.

I don't wish him any luck and Marseille as a club can go to hell with the way in which they have acted.

And with any luck they will fall apart like their hell hole of a city.

Spurs wanted Naughton, we told them it was Naughton and Walker or no deal. They didn't even want Walker. We sold Naughton for £6mil which was a good fee back then, and Walker for £2mil.

You could argue that selling an 18 year old who had only played 5 matches for us for £2mil was good business. But we didn't need to sell Walker at that stage. We lost our right back and his replacement and who knows how much Walker would have been worth and sold for at the end of the following season. The only saving grace is that we saw a tidy sell on fee when he moved to Man City.
was that last week or the week before oh no it was 15 years ago , but cling on to it

ndiaye and his agents have forced this move , any other club than his home town got turned down
I am unhappy hes gone but its 100 per cent on him
I think hes dropped a right bollock , he learnt his trade with us and hes shunned the prem for a terrible french league full of clubs with less than 10k stadiums . Losing hecky and mccalls guidance will set him back in my opinion the ligue one attendances last season bottom 10 no one got 20k

Last edited:
Yes it's a bitter response, BUT - he basically going to the SPL where he'll be playing for Celtic but Man City are also in there crushing skulls. He'll achieve nothing of note and will only put himself in the shop window for a probable return to the Prem or La Liga. Thanks for the memories Illi but you've destroyed my dream of seeing you perform some magic in the Prem dressed in red and white.

I hope you every success... once you've left OM. Your boyhood club's fans are insufferable cunts.
I don't I hope he fails and he sees the Marseille fans for arrogant egotistical morons that they are.

If we'd sorted Ndiaye's contract last summer then we'd be getting a lot more for Ndiaye, or maybe not selling him at all, as his contract running down is what's kick started this all.

As Kevin Blackwell said in his interview, he reckons due to the financial crisis effecting his businesses McCabe was panicking and selling anything that wasn't nailed down.

I don't think we should have sold both but it was clear McCabe was offloading anyone of value out of panic. Stupid decision and one even Blackwell thought was daft.

Well I'm not sure what to think?
Were getting something rather than nothing, which is good, hes not going to Forest, which is better, but were also losing, probably our best player......
I can understand that he wants to play for the club he has supported all his life, but, what I cant understand, is, hes got the chance to play in the prem, the best league in the world, some/most of the best players in the world, and hes turned that opportunity down, to play in France!??
Most players would do anything for a season in the prem, but not Illiman obviously, that makes you wonder why he would go now, when he could wait a few months??
Just hope Hecky can bring Doyle back and get another Striker in ASAP!, one that can play this time please!!!

was that last week or the week before oh no it was 15 years ago , but cling on to it

ndiaye and his agents have forced this move , any other club than his home town got turned down
I am unhappy hes gone but its 100 per cent on him
I think hes dropped a right bollock , he learnt his trade with us and hes shunned the prem for a terrible french league full of clubs with less than 10k stadiums . Losing hecky and mccalls guidance will set him back in my opinion
If Hecky and McCall are so good how come so many players lack consistency. Why can't Berge and Norwood put in good performances in 7/10 games rather than just 5/10? How come McBurnie wasn't in the top ten scorers last season in the division? How come Max Lowe is still so positionally poor? How come so many players pass backwards all the time in advanced positions under no pressure when we're counter attacking?

Iliman Ndiaye is the player he is because of pure raw ability, not because Hecky and McCall have turned him into this player through amazing coaching. Despite how crap the performances were under Jokanovic, Ndiaye played well under him too and stood out with Gibbs-White.

I'm not slating Hecky and McCall but you're giving them way too much credit. Ndiaye would've shone no matter who the manager was. It was like when Sharp first burst on the scene. He had a ridiculous number of goals for the academy, moved up to the reserves, banged them in for fun there too, then went on loan to bottom of League Two Rushden and Diamonds, where he scored 9 goals in 16 games. He left us for Scunthorpe and showed everyone that he was the goal scoring machine that everyone but Warnock could see he was. Yes, coaching does come into it but some young lads just have pure natural raw ability that you can't teach.

I see it at my lads football. They're are some unreal young players who stand out heads and shoulders above everyone else. They just have the gift. Iliman Ndiaye is one of those players. The coaches didn't teach him how to run at players, twisting and turning the way he does, that's ingrained in him already. If not we'd be churning out loads of players who do that.

It's quite obvious that things are still very raw on here after today's news.

And yes, I'm mightily upset that this has blown a gigantic crater in our prospects for the upcoming season.

But my take on it is that Illiman has made a career decision based on some shitty advice from the parasitic scum that we call football agents.
He doesn't anger me like previous players did however. He showed genuine appreciation for the fans right until the end. But his head was turned, and almost all players are mercenaries. He didn't exhibit the sort of cuntitude that many former twats have done however.

My disgust and borderline hatred is reserved for the cunts who own the club and sold us down the river. When all is said and done WE held all cards, he was OUR player, the valuation was OURS to determine and whatever happened was going to be on OUR terms.
If blame is to be apportioned to anybody, look now further than the conglomerate of fucking pricks at the top who have knifed us in the back, in time-honoured Sheffield United tradition.

Gutted, what a waste going to Marseille, illiman you are so much better than that tinpot outfit. A team who actually paid real money to that ex pig with all the hair transplants Fletcher to turn out fir them.

My disgust and borderline hatred is reserved for cunts who own the club and sold us down the river. When all is said and done WE held all cards, he was OUR player, the valuation was OURS to determine and whatever happened was going to be on OUR terms.
what cards were these
he was our player till next may then lose him for free
the valuation of 30m was commensurate for a championship player
we as a club are low on investment

posTeam. v; teapldWD.LgfGAGDpts
1Burnley (C,P)46291438735+52101Promotion to Premier League
2Sheffield United46287eleven7339+3491Promotion to Premier League

that just smacks of inconsistency doesnt it
I'm not talking about results, that I'm not disputing, I'm talking about them improving players as coaches. Berge is good one game, invisible the next and was all last season. Norwood started great as arguably our best player with Norrington-Davies. As we passed January he had way too many off days and it was good game, bad game week in, week out. Yes, we won games. Yes, we got promoted but not many players got better and improved as the season went on expect arguably Jack Robinson who did get better as the season went on and Baldock when he returned. Ndiaye was probably our most consistent player all season. Even Anel went through a lengthy rocky patch where many were wondering what happened to the player who blew our socks off when he first arrived.

Don't mistake winning and good performance as being one and the same. You can brilliantly all game and lose, and play poorly all game and win. Last season we saw way more poor or average performances than good and ground out a lot of results rather than blowing teams away, so let's not lie and pretend that wasn't the case just because we got promoted.

Don't mistake winning and good performance as being one and the same.
well I dont agree with your premise only NAdiaye was any good
he needed the good players round him to make him look so good
from keeper to mcburnie to get promoted you cant ever get close due to one player scoring 14 goals

well I dont agree with your premise only NAdiaye was any good
he needed the good players round him to make him look so good
from keeper to mcburnie to get promoted you cant ever get close due to one player scoring 14 goals
Who else was consistently good week in, week out other than Ndiaye? Who else consistently put in a 7/10 or 8/10 performance just about every game? Who else was good in 7/8 matches out of ten throughout the season with few off days? I'm struggling with that one personally.

Who else was consistently good week in, week out other than Ndiaye? Who else consistently put in a 7/10 or 8/10 performance just about every game? Who else was good in 7/8 matches out of ten throughout the season with few off days? I'm struggling with that one personally.
depends whos marking , some blades gave berge 4 before we kicked off most games, same with other scapegoats , we have quite a few

think hes been very good pre season Berge

Absolutely gutted. Best I’ve seen and by a fair distance.

What I would like to say is, thank you for getting us back to the PL when you could have taken the easy route out 6 months ago. You was a true professional throughout this entire episode and even though it’s your boyhood team I think with all saw/felt the twists and turns in your decision to stay or leave and we can see how much you loved our club.

All the best ❤️

Nah.
Left us in the shit and messed us about until the last minute. Could have given the staff 10month notice, signed an agreement with OM in Jan, kept us up, walked away a hero to his boyhood club.

I am somewhere in between these 2 points of view at the moment. Although I think his Dad and Agent are the ones who have caused a lot of this personally.

Still, a once in a generation player, who I feel lucky enough to have watched play for us. Doubt I will see the like again, for a while at least.

Too many people fall into the Anglo-centric trap of thinking the premier league is the be all and end all.

Maybe Marseille is perfect for him and his family and he can play in the top tier, earn shed loads of cash and play in the champions league for the club he supports.

I know people like the idea that each player would die for our club but it’s not the reality. He’s a great player who got his dream move and deserves every bit of it.

All we can do is wish him well, thank him for getting us promoted and move about trying to replace him. Sometimes sentiment in football can be a bad thing among football fans, and if you continue to think it exists, you’ll continue to be disappointed!

Always knew he'd move beyond us. Generational talent that I'm glad I got to see with my own eyes. Would have liked a couple more years of seeing him in the Red and White.

depends whos marking , some blades gave berge 4 before we kicked off most games, same with other scapegoats , we have quite a few

think hes been very good pre season Berge
I agree about Berge in pre-season but I was referring to the whole of last season and after matches, not marks before.

With regards to Berge, I hope we start him ahead of Norwood in that role. He's looked very good there and far more effective defensively and on the ball than Norwood.

Hope he fucks his ACL. Absolutely shafted us at the last second when he could have stayed the season and fucked off on a free. If the reported fee is true then it's a disgrace, I reckon we could have had a whip round and not be far off what he's gone for

Hope he fucks his ACL. Absolutely shafted us at the last second when he could have stayed the season and fucked off on a free. If the reported fee is true then it's a disgrace, I reckon we could have had a whip round and not be far off what he's gone for
Careful i said the same and getting abuse by the keyboard hardmen 🤣🤣

I hope not apparently we have a good sell on clause.

Back
Top Bottom