Thank you Ili

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Skiliman

Reaction score
Absolutely gutted. Best I’ve seen and by a fair distance.

What I would like to say is, thank you for getting us back to the PL when you could have taken the easy route out 6 months ago. You was a true professional throughout this entire episode and even though it’s your boyhood team I think with all saw/felt the twists and turns in your decision to stay or leave and we can see how much you loved our club.

All the best ❤️

Could’ve left last Jan if he really wanted to.

The prince could’ve pocketed the cash for selling Ndiaye & Berge and we could be preparing the face the pigs this season in La Liga and possible facing administration.

Thank you Illy he deserves his shot playing for his boyhood club in the Champions League. ❤️

When the conditions of a players tenure at our club are typified by :-

Brought in on the cheap.
Excelled for us on the pitch.
Moved on for a more than handsome profit.

It’s difficult for me to be overly harsh.

HOWEVER. The kids a fuckin superstar in the making and while he leaves a considerable void which we won’t fill, being brutally honest, he’s too good for us. So this is /was inevitable.

That’s it.

FWIW Illi, I think you have sold yourself short going to OM. You’re better than that !!

UTB

Yeh cheers Illi. Really looking forward to watching the subtle skills of your replacement Kieffer Moore next season.

Nah.
Left us in the shit and messed us about until the last minute. Could have given the staff 10month notice, signed an agreement with OM in Jan, kept us up, walked away a hero to his boyhood club.
Or stayed with us until January, got injured between now and then, Marseille hold off until next summer and pick him up on a free then anyway. At least this way, if true, we get something out of it.

Sell Ndiaye, keep Ndiaye until January, keep Ndiaye until next summer. We're getting relegated anyway and will lose him regardless. It sucks that we will lose him, but at least we'll get something which is better than nothing. The timing is crap but it wasn't helped by the embargo in January which stopped us offering him a new deal then, and the alleged Marseille links have scuppered plans to get him to sign a new deal this summer now that we're out of the embargo.

For me if Ndiaye goes, then we cash in on Berge too now. Save all money for next summer unless we buy more players like Slimane and Traore ready in place for next season.

The Utd way.
Anyone good gets sold.

Oh well at least he is going somewhere he wants to go and OM have a fantastic stadium and a chance at getting into the Champions league one day.

Roll on next May and relegation to the Championship where we will find we have to sell more players to balance the books.

Or stayed with us until January, got injured between now and then, Marseille hold off until next summer and pick him up on a free then anyway. At least this way, if true, we get something out of it.

Sell Ndiaye, keep Ndiaye until January, keep Ndiaye until next summer. We're getting relegated anyway and will lose him regardless. It sucks that we will lose him, but at least we'll get something which is better than nothing. The timing is crap but it wasn't helped by the embargo in January which stopped us offering him a new deal then, and the alleged Marseille links have scuppered plans to get him to sign a new deal this summer now that we're out of the embargo.

For me if Ndiaye goes, then we cash in on Berge too now. Save all money for next summer unless we buy more players like Slimane and Traore ready in place for next season.
Your fucking crackers pal.

The Utd way.
Anyone good gets sold.

Oh well at least he is going somewhere he wants to go and OM have a fantastic stadium and a chance at getting into the Champions league one day.

Roll on next May and relegation to the Championship where we will find we have to sell more players to balance the books.
They're in the champions league now.

2 seasons ain't enough but can't fault him. Always put in a shift and his quality showed.

It's his boyhood club, we didn't have to sell but we put ourselves in a crap situation because we weren't proactive enough to get a new deal in front of him.

Good for Ili, bad for us. Cos we ain't getting a full fee for him. If we were receiving 35-40m then we can reinvest at least a good chunk.

Probs getting at most 20m and who knows what prince will allow.

I'm sure players who are here will give it a shot. Lets see if they can pull off a miracle.

It's a massive thank you from me, most players don't love the club as much as fans, and that's ok, that's life.

I've left jobs in the past where people didn't want me to go, but if they'd tried to hold on to me when it wasn't right, it wouldn't have gone well...

We wouldn't have gotten to enjoy the PL without you Ili, so thank you!!! And hope to see you back in a blades shirt in future......bon courage et a plus tard 👏👏👏💫

At 51 years old I've seen some cracking players I'm torn between Duffy Vs Illy case for both but Duffy edges it . I'm sure I'll see clips of Illy ripping up the French league and change my mind. Cracking player UTB

Yes it's a bitter response, BUT - he basically going to the SPL where he'll be playing for Celtic but Man City are also in there crushing skulls. He'll achieve nothing of note and will only put himself in the shop window for a probable return to the Prem or La Liga. Thanks for the memories Illi but you've destroyed my dream of seeing you perform some magic in the Prem dressed in red and white.

I hope you every success... once you've left OM. Your boyhood club's fans are insufferable cunts.

Back
Top Bottom