Team

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Alex Scott. Bournemouth signed him when he was recovering from an ACL, he's played about 180 minutes of football for them and is now out for months with an MCL injury.

£25m on him, talented though he is, has the potential to go the same way as our £18.5m.on Brewster.
Think he meant Antoine Semenyo who ran us ragged the other week.

Alex Scott. Bournemouth signed him when he was recovering from an ACL, he's played about 180 minutes of football for them and is now out for months with an MCL injury.

£25m on him, talented though he is, has the potential to go the same way as our £18.5m.on Brewster.
No, I didn't realise they'd signed him, although he does look promising. I meant Semenyo.

Maybe Wilder should do a Wagatha Christie and leak different line-ups to different people to figure out who it is

Osborn is injured again. He wasn't in the squad at Burnley (he would have started in place of Fleck) and wasn't training today.
A fit Osborn shouldn’t be anywhere near a premier league first team, even one as bad as ours. I’d rather see a technically better development player coming through

A fit Osborn shouldn’t be anywhere near a premier league first team, even one as bad as ours. I’d rather see a technically better development player coming through
That's been my point all along. Love his intensity and versatility, but no way do other PL teams have players like Osborn.

If your LB isn't good enough, scout for a new one, promote a youth player who could be. If your left midfield pivot isn't good enough, scout a new one.

We seem to be operating in a 1980's time warp where our squad is rigid and set and wobetide should we start moving players out despite them being 6/10s...

That's one thing Wilder did well in the early years. Moved on players that did ok, for ones that were better. Think Freeman and Baldock, Coutts and Norwood, Duffy and McGoldrick....

We need to get back to turning over players and evolving the squad, not reverting back to Osborn, Basham, Fleck

I hope wilder puts a strong yet aggressive arm around Souza and Hamer and tells them to play with passion and belief. A harder as fuck Souza could be the main difference aswell as giving Hamer more freedom.

Not sure where McAtee will fit tbh and we all know he's a big fleck fan so expecting him and norwood to start 🤔
McAtee will start tonight. Fleck and Norwood won't.

That's been my point all along. Love his intensity and versatility, but no way do other PL teams have players like Osborn.

If your LB isn't good enough, scout for a new one, promote a youth player who could be. If your left midfield pivot isn't good enough, scout a new one.

We seem to be operating in a 1980's time warp where our squad is rigid and set and wobetide should we start moving players out despite them being 6/10s...

That's one thing Wilder did well in the early years. Moved on players that did ok, for ones that were better. Think Freeman and Baldock, Coutts and Norwood, Duffy and McGoldrick....

We need to get back to turning over players and evolving the squad, not reverting back to Osborn, Basham, Fleck
Exactly. Evolution. Problems come when you’re stepping up a level and having to buy expensive untried players compared to the previous level

In much the same way that John Terry masked his ability to read the game by making brave last ditch tackles to recover,
I can’t agree that Osborn’s intensity is a positive all of the time, since he’s no positional sense and often gives the ball away only to mask the real issue by chasing down the ball he lost!

He really hasn't had long at all to work with them so I'd be surprised if he changes shape. It'll be probably more of an attitude change with maybe a couple personnel tweaks.

However, it'd be fun to see something like:

---------------Osula
-----Brooks - Archer - McAtee
----------- Souza - Hamer
Trusty - Robinson - Anel - Bogle
-----------------Wes

Go for a similar set up to Fulham. Probably lose but be positive, try to disrupt their play and have a go at exploiting the space behind Trent and Tsimikas.

Let's ask the gaffer if he likes his teamsheet leaking on the forum a day before a game and if the answer is no (which it will be) then that should be plenty enough reason to stop it happening.
That’s already happened the last time he was here. Wilder publicly called it out when leaked team news/O’Connell injury was posted on twitter by ‘Speny‘ who subsequently deleted twitter and no doubt got a few people in trouble.

Get ball getti up there. Let’s pack the box, few sly elbows, the burning of some flags, national anthem, Sinclair on top form, extensive wing play, kids kidney punching scouse nanans, dig up Emlyn Hughes and lob his bones at the cunts.

I've just been sent the starting team.

Brooks isn't in it...

I won't name it here, don't need the backlash or want to give the former Champions league and Premier league winers any unfair advantage..

I've just been sent the starting team.

Brooks isn't in it...

I won't name it here, don't need the backlash or want to give the former Champions league and Premier league winers any unfair advantage..
Wes,
Bogle, Larouchi, Thomas, Souza
Fleck, Coulibaly,
Traore

We're only playing 8 as a trick to decide Liverpool

Exactly. Evolution. Problems come when you’re stepping up a level and having to buy expensive untried players compared to the previous level

In much the same way that John Terry masked his ability to read the game by making brave last ditch tackles to recover,
I can’t agree that Osborn’s intensity is a positive all of the time, since he’s no positional sense and often gives the ball away only to mask the real issue by chasing down the ball he lost!
Evolution should be the process but when it comes to LWB and RWB we just seem to collect numbers rather than quality. Our scouting is poor so we end up with Lowe Larouci Thomas who can't defend and RND being the best option if fit and Osborn as an option. People spent long enough on here giving out about Enda but we haven't pick up players with potential.

RWB...is Baldock all the way when fit which is the same Baldock who we wished would be better in the final third. But defensively he is streets ahead of Bogle, who doesn't read the game that well. Osborn you know what you get with him which is limited to effort and stamina.

Back
Top Bottom